PDA

View Full Version : Meet-Up Explosion

ronpaulhawaii
12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Posted this in my blog today, reposting here...

Went through a few small towns and got quite a bit of hand-outs to folk. I think one of the most satisfying things on this trip is the sincere “Thank You’s” that I get from people who appreciate learning of a choice for president they had not heard of. Plenty of people out here have still not heard of him and most are dissatisfied with the media darlings. It is amazing to hear how much people do NOT like Hillary and Rudy, front-runners my @$$. The best thing about that, is the fact that people are NOT stupid and the media’s continued BS is only hastening the demise of their credibilty. This is why face to face interaction is so important. The majority of people do NOT believe the media anymore. They have are losing faith in all four “estates” of gov’t and respond best when seeing the sincerity of an actual supporter. The best thing about that is that our sincerity is backed by an honestly good candidate. We are not sheep being paid to bleat out platitudes. We are real and the people can see that in our eyes. We need to be in the streets.

On that note, I really would like to see an explosion of Meet-Up membership. The meet-ups are organized enough to avoid the early problems of e-mail overload. In Hawaii we split our MU’s as we grew, to make it easier for people to participate in their area and keep it all more personal. Th reasons I am promoting this is that lots of “in the wild” supporters do not know how to go about getting signs and handouts, the more members we have, the higher percentage of activists and door knockers we will have, and getting over 100k members would be a very signifcant milestone.

There are 74,906 Ron Paul Supporters in 1,321 Groups from 1,019 Cities
…and 7,836 more waiting. We only need 1/3 of the members to recruit 1 person, we need to find out what those waiting are waiting for, if it is money to start the group, lets get them the money. Indeed, each Organizer can start three, so I bet there are lots of unused opportunities for this. I have been telling most every person I’ve met to join up and will be promoting this more. Lets get to a 100k by Christmas (or even Tea Party Day). Then, lets start working on 200k. Its a numbers game…
GO RON PAUL!!!

http://ronpaulriders.com/blog (http://ronpaulriders.com/blog/index.php?blog=1)