PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelming Majority of Americans Believe Both Parties Are Too Corrupt to Change Anything

Lucille
02-09-2016, 01:06 PM
The Struggle Is Not Between Dems and GOP
https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-theatre/struggle-not-dems-gop/

It’s between the Forgotten Man and the ruling class.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-08/overwhelming-majority-americans-believe-both-parties-are-too-corrupt-change-anything

We’ve previously noted that polls show that Americans are in a “pre-revolutionary” mood, that less than 1 in 5 Americans think that the government has the “consent of the governed”, that government corruption tops the list of Americans’ fears (gee, we wonder why), and that 3 times as many Americans supported King George during the Revolutionary War than support our OWN Congress today.

You might assume that such statements are over-the-top … or that the results come from partisan pollsters.

But a group of Republican and Democratic pollsters and political strategists reviewed polling data last week, and revealed some stunning results:

84% of all Americans believe political leaders are more interested in protecting their power and privilege than doing what is right

81% percent believe the power of ordinary people to control our country is getting weaker every day as politicians of both parties fight to protect their own power and privilege

80% believe the federal government is its own special interest primarily looking out for itself

79% of all voters believe we need to recruit and support more candidates for office, at all levels of government, who are ordinary citizens, rather than professional politicians and lawyers

78% believe that the Democratic and Republican Parties are essentially useless in changing anything, because both political parties are too beholden to special interests to create any meaningful change

76% of Americans agree with the statement that America cannot succeed unless we take on and defeat the corruption and crony capitalism in our government

75% believe that the US government is NOT working for the people’s best interest

75% believe that powerful interests have used campaign and lobbying money to rig the system for themselves

74% see the biased and slanted coverage of the media as part of the problem

72% of Americans believe the U.S. has a two-track economy, where most Americans struggle every day, where good jobs are hard to find, and where huge corporations get all the rewards

72% believe that the reason families in our middle class have not seen their economic condition improve for decades and economic growth is stalled is because of corruption and crony capitalism in Washington

71% believe our government is not only dysfunctional, it is collapsing right before our eyes

70% believe the government in Washington does not govern with the consent of the people

The majority – 56% – say they wish there were a third party with a chance of success to fight for their interests

Only 15% say the “values and principals of my political party are so important that I strongly prefer to vote for the candidates of my party…”

http://rlv.zcache.com/as_a_dog_returns_to_its_vomit_car_bumper_sticker-r6ef000a64d754d758274234ab6551f84_v9wht_8byvr_324. jpg

Dianne
02-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Looks like we are getting ready for the boiling point. Now Obama is primed to pass a $ .25 to $ .40 per gallon gasoline tax (while prices are low and maybe the peasants won't notice), and "White House pushes ahead with plan to slash pensions for up to one million retirees.

ZENemy
02-09-2016, 01:29 PM
1. Vote harder
2. Protest, nothing says "I want my freedom" like holding up signs.
3. Write your reps, I cannot stress this enough, once you write them the reps can they read and respond, they almost always get things done.
4. Join your local........................

LOL, I just cant! Cant even do it in jest.

euphemia
02-09-2016, 02:09 PM
I so agree with the article. I have seen it with my own eyes. The Davidson County Republican Party is as corrupt as it gets. There will be no opposition for Democrat Jim Cooper here in the 5th district because the Republican Party doesn't care, or has chosen not to do any work at all to secure a candidate. The state party has gone along with the idea that anyone who is not a Republican or Democrat is going to be listed as Independent, whether they represent an actual party or not. That's just crap.

People act like Tennessee is a Red State. That is just laughable. It is not. There are just more conservative voters in the eastern part of the state. The Republican party is totally impotent.

donnay
02-09-2016, 02:13 PM

DamianTV
02-09-2016, 04:11 PM

Only thing missed in that cartoon is the giant bipartisan turd that lands on us.

enhanced_deficit
02-10-2016, 01:10 AM
Acclerated cord cutting trend is contributing to this troubling development.

Mike4Freedom
02-10-2016, 06:17 AM
Acclerated cord cutting trend is contributing to this troubling development.

I will put this here.

Cord cutting is easy. At first its kind of weird, after about a few months you will never want to go back.

You save thousands of dollars a year for starters. You are not giving money to fascist media organizations.

We get almost 30 channels over the air(15 of them are HD) with an 11 dollar antenna. We use Netflix for everything else. It is more then enough.

Just get Internet only.

Now to the topic. This is a good sign. This is the reason they are pumping up fake anti-establishment candidates such as Trump and Sanders. They are lightning rods for anger and frustration of government. They are fake but talk a big game. These two even have some people on this forum fooled into thinking they may be the lesser of the two evils. The Fascists have stepped up their game.

I predict that their will be more of this to come. You can tell if someone is a fake anti-establishment candidate by media coverage. If they get tons of it they are fake. If they are ignored then they are real.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2016, 06:34 AM
I appreciate the sentiment...but I'm pretty sure I do not want the "change" Idiot AmeriKa is looking for.

mrsat_98
02-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Now Obama is primed to pass a $ .25 to $ .40 per gallon gasoline tax (while prices are low and maybe the peasants won't notice), and "White House pushes ahead with plan to slash pensions for up to one million retirees.

The world is awash in oil and this numb nut is going to raise the price 20 to 30 % under the pretense of improving things.

juleswin
02-10-2016, 07:11 AM
Btw, this is one of the reasons why I can't understand why people love lewrockwell.com so much. To me, it seems like a lot of their posts are just links to other websites, ala like threads started by Matt Collins. Which means it doesn't have any commentary, no excerpts, just a link and a headline. I just think that is the lazies form of journalism. I don't think it would have killed him to take a few minutes out of his day to write maybe a paragraph to accompany the post. Tell us what you agree on with the article, if everything, then give a few highlights before posting. But whatever you do, don't dump a link and a headline on your readers.

The problem with statistics like this is that they don't tell the whole story about American's support for the two party system. Its sorta like when the news report that congress has the lowest approval rating in history and sizable majority of people still love and support their state's federal representatives. Yes, people may say to pollsters that the think both parties are corrupt but same people will register, vote, donate and cheer when their favorite party wins.

I think they may believe the other guy's party is corrupt or a segment of their own party is corrupt but the vast majority still believe in democratic and republican party and their participation in the party shows that. They use those parties to push for policies they want to see changed or kept in place policies they love regardless of what they tell a pollster about both parties being too corrupt to "change anything". Also, how anybody can still say that in the face of Obamacare is beyond me.

TheNewYorker
02-10-2016, 07:18 AM
I will put this here.

Cord cutting is easy. At first its kind of weird, after about a few months you will never want to go back.

You save thousands of dollars a year for starters. You are not giving money to fascist media organizations.

We get almost 30 channels over the air(15 of them are HD) with an 11 dollar antenna. We use Netflix for everything else. It is more then enough.

Just get Internet only.

Now to the topic. This is a good sign. This is the reason they are pumping up fake anti-establishment candidates such as Trump and Sanders. They are lightning rods for anger and frustration of government. They are fake but talk a big game. These two even have some people on this forum fooled into thinking they may be the lesser of the two evils. The Fascists have stepped up their game.

I predict that their will be more of this to come. You can tell if someone is a fake anti-establishment candidate by media coverage. If they get tons of it they are fake. If they are ignored then they are real.

Easier said than done.

Here, the cable company charges you $150 / month for tv, internet, and phone, or $140 / month for just one of the three. So that's where they get you. Doesn't make much sense to get just one. "Our bundles save you money!"

The alternative is dial up... But... Lol. Dial up

DamianTV
02-10-2016, 07:38 AM
71% believe our government is not only dysfunctional, it is collapsing right before our eyes

Then what is wrong with the other 29%?

cajuncocoa
02-10-2016, 07:39 AM
78% believe that the Democratic and Republican Parties are essentially useless in changing anything, because both political parties are too beholden to special interests to create any meaningful change

I guess all of my acquaintances fall in the 22% who don't get it yet, because anytime I tell someone I might vote 3rd party, I automatically hear that I'm throwing my vote away.

If this 78% statistic is anywhere near accurate, why do these people keep doing the same thing over and over??

TheNewYorker
02-10-2016, 07:48 AM
I guess all of my acquaintances fall in the 22% who don't get it yet, because anytime I tell someone I might vote 3rd party, I automatically hear that I'm throwing my vote away.

If this 78% statistic is anywhere near accurate, why do these people keep doing the same thing over and over??

Human behavior is based on repetition.

otherone
02-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Then what is wrong with the other 29%?

Federal employees.

Cleaner44
02-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Human behavior is based on repetition.

Bart: It's my job to be repetitive. My job. My job. Repetitiveness is my job! I am going to go out there tonight and give the best performance of my life.
Marge: The best performance of your life?
Bart: The best performance of my life.

Danke
02-10-2016, 09:10 AM
Btw, this is one of the reasons why I can't understand why people love lewrockwell.com so much. To me, it seems like a lot of their posts are just links to other websites, ala like threads started by Matt Collins. Which means it doesn't have any commentary, no excerpts, just a link and a headline. I just think that is the lazies form of journalism. I don't think it would have killed him to take a few minutes out of his day to write maybe a paragraph to accompany the post. Tell us what you agree on with the article, if everything, then give a few highlights before posting. But whatever you do, don't dump a link and a headline on your readers.

The problem with statistics like this is that they don't tell the whole story about American's support for the two party system. Its sorta like when the news report that congress has the lowest approval rating in history and sizable majority of people still love and support their state's federal representatives. Yes, people may say to pollsters that the think both parties are corrupt but same people will register, vote, donate and cheer when their favorite party wins.

I think they may believe the other guy's party is corrupt or a segment of their own party is corrupt but the vast majority still believe in democratic and republican party and their participation in the party shows that. They use those parties to push for policies they want to see changed or kept in place policies they love regardless of what they tell a pollster about both parties being too corrupt to "change anything". Also, how anybody can still say that in the face of Obamacare is beyond me.

I works well for Drudge.

euphemia
02-10-2016, 09:15 AM
I am really bothered by the term "too corrupt." Corruption, even a little, is bad. Very bad. Little things add up to big things. A little corruption will grow to be total corruption. That's what we have. The system is run by people who are totally corrupt.

enhanced_deficit
02-10-2016, 01:20 PM
I will put this here.

Just get Internet only.

Good points you made.

Cabal
02-10-2016, 02:58 PM
I am really bothered by the term "too corrupt." Corruption, even a little, is bad. Very bad. Little things add up to big things. A little corruption will grow to be total corruption. That's what we have. The system is run by people who are totally corrupt.

It's the State. It's working exactly as it was always going to work. Water is wet. The State facilitates and even encourages corruption.

DamianTV
02-10-2016, 05:20 PM
Federal employees.

That is a lot of employees! Perhaps not employees but recipients of some form of govt benefits, such as family members receiving pension, social security, welfare, etc?

RJB
02-10-2016, 05:33 PM
I wish it was mere corruption, but I fear a lot of them are pure evil.

Danke
02-10-2016, 05:41 PM
I wish it was mere corruption, but I fear a lot of them are pure evil.

Evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Qt6a-vaNM&ebc=ANyPxKqQ97pdvTHO-CRbSpDbU2GtdC4gXmSqXXt-1iHx42p__oI58l2H0DbC0gzpkRk3XYDt1IMOEbv4dTomFzrmks ir4Ngosw

Voluntarist
02-10-2016, 07:00 PM
xxxxx