PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash praises Ted Cruz, will talk to him RE: endorsement

Erazer
02-08-2016, 05:11 PM

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 05:17 PM
i figured cruz would be worse than trump... i dont see cruz being any good being owned by the banksters

TheNewYorker
02-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Cool, so Amash will support the Snake Cruz now too

Erazer
02-08-2016, 05:24 PM
It's not a surprise, given they are strong personal friends, have worked together in the past, and Cruz endorsed and made robocalls for Amash when he was facing a primary challenger last cycle.

LukeR
02-08-2016, 05:33 PM
I wonder if Amash would also get a -rep from a moderator if he posted here.

TheNewYorker
02-08-2016, 05:39 PM

What do you expect? Ted pretty much stole all of Rands positions and tried to take credit for Rands audit the Fed bill, and then didn't even bother to show up to vote for it. Not to mention his Goldman Sachs wife.

Cruz is not exactly received warmly here.

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 05:55 PM

i noticed you had a red rep before i repped you on nutrition thread.. what happened?

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 05:56 PM
What do you expect? Ted pretty much stole all of Rands positions and tried to take credit for Rands audit the Fed bill, and then didn't even bother to show up to vote for it. Not to mention his Goldman Sachs wife.

Cruz is not exactly received warmly here.

it would be very hard for me to vote for cruz.. even if rand were his VP.. I would do it but I wouldnt like it

Brett85
02-08-2016, 06:27 PM

Amash would probably get called a neocon traitor if he posted on this forum.

Kotin
02-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Amash would probably get called a neocon traitor if he posted on this forum.

That's bullshit and you know it.

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 06:53 PM
It's not a surprise, given they are strong personal friends, have worked together in the past, and Cruz endorsed and made robocalls for Amash when he was facing a primary challenger last cycle.

Im going to go have a chat with Justin and see if thats true.

Brett85
02-08-2016, 06:58 PM

He would be called names and would be treated poorly if he came here and posted comments defending Cruz, or said that he's at least better than the others.

Kotin
02-08-2016, 07:06 PM
He would be called names and would be treated poorly if he came here and posted comments defending Cruz, or said that he's at least better than the others.

Not from me. I am more concerned with Cruz trolls who have a sole purpose of trying convince this forum that Cruz is as good or even similar to Rand (Erazer and LukeR)

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-08-2016, 07:07 PM
I hope he does endorse if Cruz is who he supports. It's unrealistic to expect any of the former Rand endorsers to sit on the sidelines if they feel good about Cruz, Trump, Kasich, or whoever. It's good for Amash to have influence and build up his own profile.

Dianne
02-08-2016, 08:32 PM
I just wish Rand had stayed in long enough to bump Bush off. Bush has the most power, influence, and money, and the most dangerous of all the candidates at the moment. In fact, just a few minutes ago, the headline on drudge was that polls showed Bush moved into second place. That gave me a severe case of indigestion.

LibertyEagle
02-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Rand just recently got out of the race. Emotions are still pretty raw. Don't you think it's a bit too soon to so eagerly be promoting another candidate on this site?

Just sayin'...

fedupinmo
02-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I hope he does endorse if Cruz is who he supports. It's unrealistic to expect any of the former Rand endorsers to sit on the sidelines if they feel good about Cruz, Trump, Kasich, or whoever. It's good for Amash to have influence and build up his own profile.
Endorsing a naturalized citizen for president won't win him any points with me...

Rogers v Bellei (1971)

RDM
02-08-2016, 09:36 PM

I've pretty much given up. Isn't there a thread here on RPF about how Cruz will destroy the Liberty movement that Ron Paul built? Well, it's happening... And it's happening fast.

Origanalist
02-08-2016, 09:38 PM
I have to say if this happens I'm going to be disapointed. Amash is one of the few candidates I have donated to.

Brett85
02-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Cruz certainly stood by Justin when Justin needed his help.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/07/rep_justin_amash_wins_ted_cruz.html

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 11:14 PM
Cruz certainly stood by Justin when Justin needed his help.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/07/rep_justin_amash_wins_ted_cruz.html

well that doesnt mean anything especially with Cruz... Ron Paul endorsed Cruz and helped him win his senate seat... you didnt see Cruz do any favors back for the Pauls..

so karma will hand Cruz defeat now... its already done...

For all his God professing in Iowa youd think hed be a God-fearing man. nope.. total phony

Brett85
02-08-2016, 11:16 PM
well that doesnt mean anything especially with Cruz... Ron Paul endorsed Cruz and helped him win his senate seat... you didnt see Cruz do any favors back for the Pauls..

so karma will hand Cruz defeat now... its already done...

For all his God professing in Iowa youd think hed be a God-fearing man. nope.. total phony

Why did Cruz endorse Amash if Cruz is just a big government neocon? Would Marco Rubio have ever endorsed Amash for Congress?

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 11:19 PM
Why did Cruz endorse Amash if Cruz is just a big government neocon? Would Marco Rubio have ever endorsed Amash for Congress?

Cruz will do anything that serves himself... Its not a secret that people do whats best for them... Cruz just takes it to another level of wanton garishness

Brett85
02-08-2016, 11:31 PM
Cruz will do anything that serves himself... Its not a secret that people do whats best for them... Cruz just takes it to another level of wanton garishness

I guess Cruz must be a brilliant guy if he had this entire grand scheme planned out years ahead of time.

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2016, 11:34 PM
I guess Cruz must be a brilliant guy if he had this entire grand scheme planned out years ahead of time.

Well brilliant except he didnt realize one thing.. as hes not a natural born citizen he cant be president... i wonder if he will get sued for fraud from donors?

fedupinmo
02-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Well brilliant except he didnt realize one thing.. as hes not a natural born citizen he cant be president... i wonder if he will get sued for fraud from donors?

I'm betting he at least gets cleared by the supreme rubberstamp guild, so they can get foreign born president added to the list.

Matt Collins
02-09-2016, 07:44 AM
No, he would probably get cussed at and banned by an emotionally unstable kid moderator for no real reason.

vita3
02-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Twitter tweats, is not how you talk about Foreign Policy.

cajuncocoa
02-09-2016, 07:58 AM
'Bout time this jackass got banned.

osan
02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Man are we gonna take it in the neck this time, I suspect.

Stock up on everything, hide your important stuff, batten down the hatches, and prepare to be faced with the decision of your lives.

Kade
02-09-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm doing everything in my power not to start one of my rage-induced binges... how can any of you possibly support Cruz, have you all gone mad?

Spikender
02-09-2016, 12:11 PM

I don't think he deserved to be banned but the obvious fact that he was a shill account for Ted Cruz was abundantly obvious.

Kade
02-09-2016, 12:14 PM
I don't think he deserved to be banned but the obvious fact that he was a shill account for Ted Cruz was abundantly obvious.

Nothing screams confidence in your principles more than dismissing oppositional viewpoints. Nothing oozes liberty more than censorship.

jllundqu
02-09-2016, 12:33 PM
If Justin endorses Cruz, my world will turn upside down..... This would be game-changing.

Peace&Freedom
02-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Neither Justin, nor anybody else here should endorse Cruz. EVER. In the absence of our preferred candidate, our remaining interest in the GOP primary race comes down to the tactical consideration of what will most benefit the movement going forward. In that light, a race that comes down to Trump vs Cruz truly is immeasurably better than Trump vs Bush or Rubio etc, for reasons discussed in the forum ad nauseam (i.e., the 'outsiders' disrupting the establishment's kingmaker system). This is likely what Justin is thinking about.

That it took a blowhard character like Trump and shaaaaady character like Cruz to do this is a secondary matter. Anti-establishment voters have found a way to short circuit what was supposed to be a coronation of Jeb or Rubio type puppets. Instead of a Mr. Roboto Rubio, who will never deviate from the neocon programming, this development gives us a slippery, but more malleable guy who can be negotiated with. Good enough, for the interim. This opens up the process for a real liberty figure to get through in the future, one who embraces the outsider mantle while consistently delivering on our policies. So until then, take the win we can get. Don't endorse Cruz, but passively welcome the trend he represents.

Dr.3D
02-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Now how long before his twin puppet get's banned?

vita3
02-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Justin is a pretty good rep, but only 35.

Kinda fun to see who puts chips in with Ted Cruz.

Following Politricksters moves always interesting.

angelatc
02-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Are you joking? Hell, Rand Paul was accused of being a neocon and he didn't endorse Cruz. For the record, if Amash endorses Cruz, that' seals the deal for me. I'm in. No money, but a vote.

William Tell
02-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Justin is generally on the right side of things, but I disagreed with him when he voted for Paul Ryan. Massie had the guts to vote against Ryan. It may not be the biggest thing in the world but it meant a lot to me. Yes, Cruz did help Amash when he was being challenged but that doesn't change anything. Cruz has always tried to swallow up the liberty movement into his fold. But I'm not buying that we are the ones he will be loyal to.

Fortunately Rand should still be on the ballot. :)

cajuncocoa
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM

Nothing screams confidence in your principles more than dismissing oppositional viewpoints. Nothing oozes liberty more than censorship.
I see what you're saying. I guess I'm not ready to see kids pimping for other candidates here just yet, and I found him annoying.

wmmonk
02-09-2016, 08:25 PM
I see what you're saying. I guess I'm not ready to see kids pimping for other candidates here just yet, and I found him annoying.

Not a kid, but what about Vermin Supreme? Thomas Massie seems to be joining the zombie powered revolution...maybe?

cajuncocoa
02-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Not a kid, but what about Vermin Supreme? Thomas Massie seems to be joining the zombie powered revolution...maybe?
I'm staying home on election day. I don't even think there will be anyone worth voting for in a local election.

IDefendThePlatform
02-09-2016, 09:54 PM
This is ridiculous. One more reason to move on from electoral politics. Cruz talks about carpet bombing and "making sand glow" with his foreign bombing. Ron endorsed him before he became quite so insane. I've supported Amash in the past but if he endorses Cruz he's essentially dead to me.
Did Amash learn nothing from Rand's campaign? Stop trying to befriend neocon politicians, voters aren't impressed by "agreeableness". Instead of talking about "making sand glow" how about drawing a line in the sand and freaking sticking to it, especially when it comes to foreign military adventurism. Pretty sure that consistent "bring the troops home" was a big part of Ron's success. Don't piss this down your leg Amash, please.

enhanced_deficit
02-10-2016, 01:33 AM

I hope he doesn't, will be a mistake.

Ted Cruz is a snake oil salesman under the guise of a greasy lawyer.

vita3
02-10-2016, 07:33 AM
Why hasn't Amash co-sponsored HR 4108? Stopping all funding & arming of "rebels" in Syria?

Massie signed on.

Is he a foreign policy fraud ?

http://atimes.com/2016/02/no-sleeping-with-the-enemy-opposition-grows-to-cia-backed-al-qaeda-proxies-in-syria/

Erazer
02-10-2016, 07:38 AM
Why hasn't Amash co-sponsored HR 4108? Stopping all funding & arming of "rebels" in Syria?

Massie signed on.

Is he a foreign policy fraud ?

http://atimes.com/2016/02/no-sleeping-with-the-enemy-opposition-grows-to-cia-backed-al-qaeda-proxies-in-syria/
Anyone who has followed Amash's career is fully aware he isn't a fraud.

vita3
02-10-2016, 08:11 AM
"Anyone who has followed Amash's career is fully aware he isn't a fraud. "

Great.

let's get his fans to focus him on this issue & be a leader in stopping ME & now Europe DESTRUCTION.

EBounding
02-10-2016, 08:35 AM
If Justin endorses Cruz after super Tuesday and it's pretty clear he's going to win, I wouldn't hold it against him. But I will be suspicious if he does it before then. Maybe he's trying to galvanize hardcore conservative support to ward off a primary opponent? :/

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt though.

Erazer
02-10-2016, 09:22 AM
If Justin endorses Cruz after super Tuesday and it's pretty clear he's going to win, I wouldn't hold it against him. But I will be suspicious if he does it before then. Maybe he's trying to galvanize hardcore conservative support to ward off a primary opponent? :/

I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt though.
Amash's endorsement would be valuable for the March 8 Michigan primary.

invisible
02-19-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm staying home on election day. I don't even think there will be anyone worth voting for in a local election.

Is it too late to get on the ballot yourself, or get another Ron / Rand supporter to run?

r3volution 3.0
02-20-2016, 12:19 AM
If Amash endorses Cruz the nominee, fine. Rand will too. Obligatory (and meaningless) show of party loyalty.

But if he endorses him while the race is still ongoing? Or actually campaigns for him?

...I'd have to reevaluate my support for Amash.

lakerssuck92
02-20-2016, 12:09 PM
It should be noted that Justin Amash, Ron Paul, and Rand Paul all were quick to endorse Cruz in the Texas Senate Primary. Personally I think it sounds like Cruz made a promise to vote against NDAA or maybe other things in return for the endorsement. Justin may be looking to do something similar again although I think there isn't enough of a reward for Cruz to cut a deal again imo. Of course it could also simply just be a case of Justin angling for a similar endorsement in-kind if some establishment republican tries to primary him again. Again, this is all my speculation....

r3volution 3.0
02-20-2016, 12:36 PM
It should be noted that Justin Amash, Ron Paul, and Rand Paul all were quick to endorse Cruz in the Texas Senate Primary.

That was before it became apparent that Cruz was a snake.