PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Ted Cruz is no libertarian

randomname
02-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Now that Rand Paul is out of the race for the White House his father Ron Paul, who ran in 2008 and 2012, isn't impressed by Ted Cruz's attempts to pick up the "free market" libertarian banner.

“You take a guy like Cruz, people are liking the Cruz — they think he’s for the free market, and [in reality] he’s owned by Goldman Sachs. I mean, he and Hillary have more in common than we would have with either Cruz or Trump or any of them so I just don’t think there is much picking,” Paul said of the Texas senator on Fox Business’ “Varney & Company" on Friday.

Surprisingly, the elder Paul seemed more attracted to the views of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money in the Democratic primary.

“On occasion, Bernie comes up with libertarian views when he talks about taking away the cronyism on Wall Street, so in essence he’s right, and occasionally he voted against war,” the former Texas congressman said when asked if there was a candidate who was truly for the free market.

"It's hard to find anybody -- since Rand is out of it -- anybody that would take a libertarian position, hardcore libertarian position on privacy, on the war issue and on economic policy," Paul added.

“So I always say: You can search for a long time, but you’re not gonna find anybody in the Republican or Democratic primary that even comes slightly close to ever being able to claim themselves a libertarian,” he concluded.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/ron-paul-ted-cruz-libertarian-218822

No1butPaul
02-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Surprisingly, the elder Paul seemed more attracted to the views of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who is giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money in the Democratic primary.

To be clear, Ron Paul has stated Bernie Sanders and he do NOT agree on monetary policy. Since Ron Paul's position has ALWAYS been the FED is the root of all evil, this disagreement should not be understated! I believe this piece has been twisted (what a shock) to make it sound like Ron Paul is endorsing Bernie Sanders, which he definitely is NOT.

CPUd
02-05-2016, 02:00 PM
To be clear, Ron Paul has stated Bernie Sanders and he do NOT agree on monetary policy. Since Ron Paul's position has ALWAYS been the FED is the root of all evil, this disagreement should not be understated! I believe this piece has been twisted (what a shock) to make it sound like Ron Paul is endorsing Bernie Sanders, which he definitely is NOT.

Doesn't matter. Next politico article:
"Ron Paul breaks from son, says Bernie is 'right'"

Jan2017
02-05-2016, 02:11 PM
RP, run as an Indie Sir . . .

Audit the Fed in order to Tax the Fed . . . helps Rand anyway.

I'd see definite more support than Ross Perot 1992 had - and better L's in other state/local elections to carry the wave.
- could get you on a couple main debate stage vs the GOP nominee and Hillary (in DOC-issued orange jumpsuit) even.

Brett85
02-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Ron's praise for Bernie is yet another example of why Republican voters are so wary of the Paul's. If the liberty movement is going to have any success at all in the future, the pandering to the left is going to have to stop.

LibertyEagle
02-05-2016, 03:18 PM
So according to Ron, an outright Communist is more libertarian than Cruz. Is it any wonder why Republican voters aren't all that fond of either Ron or Rand?

I'm sure that was selective reporting. But, yeah, it's that type of thing that we had to go clean up after when Ron was running.

Brett85
02-05-2016, 03:20 PM
I'm sure that was selective reporting. But, yeah, it's that type of thing that we had to go clean up after when Ron was running.

Yeah, I rephrased what I said. But, the point is that this is the kind of stuff that certainly doesn't help with Republican primary voters.

Brett85
02-05-2016, 03:24 PM
Ted Cruz cumulative freedom index score: 89%
Bernie Sanders cumulative freedom index score: 26%

http://www.thenewamerican.com/freedomindex/profile.php?id=S000033

LibertyEagle
02-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I rephrased what I said. But, the point is that this is the kind of stuff that certainly doesn't help with Republican primary voters.

Yeah, I know. Brings back bad memories of when he used to say this kind of thing. ugh. lol

Valli6
02-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Breitbart is reporting on this and cruzbots heads are exploding all over the comments section. :D

Ron Paul: Ted Cruz ‘No Libertarian … Owned by Goldman Sachs’
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/05/ron-paul-ted-cruz-no-libertarian-owned-by-goldman-sachs/