PDA

View Full Version : Point to remember when they announce the Q2 financials

Original_Intent
06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
I think they are trying (wisely) to keep expectations low - all of the candidates are doing this so that the actual number becomes a "win".

Frankly, I had read the $5 million piece and I hope it is true, but I consider anything over $2.5 million in aggregate (Q1+Q2) as a victory. The way ROn Paul spends money, this amount will get more done than larger amounts for candidates who have to buy their support.

Seriously, there is not a candidate out there that would not pay $10 million or more to have the volunteer network in place that Ron Paul has. And even if they did, it would be paid supporters, not true believers - and you can't even put a price on that kind of enthusiasm.

Hope for the best with the Q2 numbers, but don't count out the intangible assets.

I mean, look at the meetup numbers. If the average meetup person contributes $100 per month in materials and effort (what a paid campaign worker would be paid) that is $1.5 million PER MONTH! And now consider that many meetup members are doing a LOT more than that, you get an idea that the cash on hand, while important, is really the tip of the Ron Paul ICEBERG!

MsDoodahs
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll be happy if he has 2 million.

LibertyEagle
06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Good points. Thanks.

quickmike
06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Very good observation!!!!!

I also remember that back in 1980, George Bush Sr. had about 5 times the funding that Ronald Reagan had, but Reagan had the support of the people behind him and a good small government message (although he never really lived up to it). We all know what happened there dont we? The media said "Reagan will never get nominated" and they ignored him for the longest time on all the major news stations, just like whats going on with Dr. Paul. Lots of similarities here if you look closely at it. Money isnt everything.

UtahApocalypse
06-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree, normally the financial reports are very important however in this case it wont show but maybe 10% of what Ron Pauls actual value is.