PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Senate candidate Brannon pushes anti-establishment pitch

Brian4Liberty
02-03-2016, 12:43 PM
U.S. Senate candidate Brannon pushes anti-establishment pitch after Cruz win in Iowa (http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_region/u-s-senate-candidate-brannon-pushes-anti-establishment-pitch-after/article_78ee8bfa-b5fc-5661-a6ab-f640c1221316.html)
By Bertrand M. Gutiérrez - Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Greg Brannon, a self-described anti-establishment Republican candidate who wants to unseat U.S. Sen. Richard Burr, took the results of the Iowa caucuses as a good sign Tuesday.

Brannon’s campaign released an email highlighting the top finish Monday night by GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz — an anti-establishment candidate — to bolster his pitch against Burr, a Winston-Salem Republican.

“Beyond any shadow of a doubt, the big winners out of Iowa are all the Americans who are fed up with the Washington establishment — and it is that same establishment that is the biggest loser,” Brannon’s campaign said.

Such GOP establishment candidates as Jeb Bush and John Kasich received 2.8 percent and 1.9 percent of the votes, respectively, something that Brannon highlighted as he tried to portray Burr as an establishment candidate.
“All across the country, people are now onto the Washington cartel,” Brannon said. “These will be our voters, not supporters of go-along-to-get-along senators like Richard Burr. Their days are numbered.”
Political observers said it is too early to tell what effect, if any, the Iowa caucuses may have on the GOP primary elections in North Carolina on March 15.
Cruz and other such GOP anti-establishment presidential candidates as Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Rand Paul pulled more than 65 percent of the vote in Iowa, Brannon’s campaign said. Cruz received 27.6 percent; Trump, 24.3 percent; Carson, 9.3 percent; and Paul, 4.5 percent.
More: http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_region/u-s-senate-candidate-brannon-pushes-anti-establishment-pitch-after/article_78ee8bfa-b5fc-5661-a6ab-f640c1221316.html

CaptUSA
02-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Ok, folks...

Time to put some of your "Rand" money into this race. http://gregbrannon.nationbuilder.com/

devil21
02-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks for posting this. Brannon is the real deal and while he has an uphill climb, Burr is very vulnerable this year. Only 4 declared candidates in the GOP primary (deadline has passed) and Brannon already has a good bit of name recognition and is polling decently already. Greg is worth your time. The other candidates are AIPAC stooges.

eta: also rumors that Burr may retire which would put Brannon in the driver's seat for the nomination.

hells_unicorn
02-03-2016, 03:51 PM
I'll be keeping a close watch on this race, probably one of the few races apart from Rand's senate campaign that I may contribute some money toward.

Chieppa1
02-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Let's do this.

Mr.NoSmile
02-04-2016, 07:38 AM
When Brannon gains traction and poses a serious challenge, I'll consider. Donated in his first run and he lost to Tillis, who remained first in the polls. Not making that mistake again unless he proves that he can bring in fundraising all around and pose a threat to Burr.

johndeal
02-04-2016, 11:36 AM
When Brannon gains traction and poses a serious challenge, I'll consider. Donated in his first run and he lost to Tillis, who remained first in the polls. Not making that mistake again unless he proves that he can bring in fundraising all around and pose a threat to Burr.

I'm in the same boat. I want to know who's running his campaign this time around too. I'm ready to donate if he has a decent shot at this.

CaptUSA
02-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I'm in the same boat. I want to know who's running his campaign this time around too. I'm ready to donate if he has a decent shot at this.

Ok, I get it. But basically you're saying that "I'll support him when he doesn't need my support as much". We all have to be careful about where to place our resources and we each need to make our own decisions, but I just hope you don't wait too long.

johndeal
02-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Ok, I get it. But basically you're saying that "I'll support him when he doesn't need my support as much". We all have to be careful about where to place our resources and we each need to make our own decisions, but I just hope you don't wait too long.

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. The campaign emailed to ask for money. I replied and asked what was different about the campaign this time. No reply. I donated >$1000 last time. If he runs a better campaign I think he can win this time but not responding to donors doesn't strike me as though they're interested in running a better campaign.

devil21
02-04-2016, 11:54 PM
Sorry I wasn't specific enough. The campaign emailed to ask for money. I replied and asked what was different about the campaign this time. No reply. I donated >$1000 last time. If he runs a better campaign I think he can win this time but not responding to donors doesn't strike me as though they're interested in running a better campaign.

I'm meeting with him this weekend for a fundraiser so if you (or anyone else) has any direct questions for him, post them here or PM me and I'll get direct answers for you.

Mr.NoSmile
02-05-2016, 11:47 AM

More like 'Give me a reason why I should donate to you this time around when you didn't even come close to beating your previous frontrunner last time.' If Brannon gets up in polls and gets money flowing in from all sources outside of just the liberty crowd, and actually doesn't just always quote or refer to the Constitution because that isn't what all voters want to hear, then I'll consider it. Until then, I'm saving my money for someone who is already elected and may need the money for their own primary.