PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul makes it to Fox News poll

enjerth
12-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Fantastic! A great milestone! On the front page of the politics section on Fox News, Ron Paul is finally listed among the frontrunners on the poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/index.html

This will likely result in more support for Ron Paul, as people who did not believe he could be elected begin to shift, because Ron Paul is finally starting to be reported as a viable candidate!

TechnoGuyRob
12-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Just wait for December 16th. This will be a graph Ron Paul's poll numbers:

_____________|

:D

Wingman
12-07-2007, 09:06 AM
geez i don't know

you guys sound soo optimistic

sure the energy and buzz on forums is good but don't forget the other candidates ahve strategies and voting blocs too - they arent sitting quietly by letting us whup their ass.

DirtMcGirt
12-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Let's stay focused and get this man elected!!!!

Elwar
12-07-2007, 09:11 AM
The results of the fox news poll display exactly why the polls cannot be trusted.

If the polls were unbiased, then the results should be in the same ballpark as the results of polls done by others. When a poll is done by rasmussen (who isn't too biased against Ron Paul) is showing Ron Paul at 8% and a poll done by Fox News (who is clearly biased against Ron Paul) is showing Ron Paul at 4%...there's obviously manipulation of these polls to show the results you want.

JPFromTally
12-07-2007, 09:14 AM
Fox polls are ALWAYS lower... But actually having his name on the RCP average will help him. Right now, it really is a six man race.

Also, let me get this straight... 70% of the country is against the war in Iraq... Yet, 9 out of the 11 candidates on the page will keep us there at least 2013. What kind of lunacy is this?

jordie
12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Thats cool, now he should rise steadily as they survey more people!

BTW, while we're on polls and stats, check out google trends:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+mitt+romney%2C+rudy+Giuliani% 2C+mike+Huckabee&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007&sort=0

Ron paul has been googled more than all others, while in the comparison graph is way below in the news mentions. =(

Daswiz
12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
You can't trust Fox, they push their own agenda, to make sure Rudy wins. Just boycott Faux News, they aim to suck the life out of RP supporters by skewing the polls and giving him limited coverage. I mean the most conservative media outlet out there fails to cover a rising GOP candidate and ignores him while CNN, MSNBC etc at least gives him some time. They hate us, jus ignore those conservative chicken hawks,

genrlfuzzywuzzy
12-07-2007, 09:21 AM
I can't believe they caved to the Ron Paul spambot who obviously just sends email after email complaining that they don't show his poll numbers. I trust Fox to give me the news every time I start to distrust the government. They get me back in line. Now they are recognizing Paul? For shame!!

sharedvoice
Imagine that. Well, it's a start. ;)

malibu
you guys sound soo optimistic

These pollsters and the campaigns all use pretty much the same database -
typically former Republican voters from county lists of registered voters.

But if these poll followers and media pundits want to keep blinds over their eyes then they may be the only ones surprised of what is happenin' underground while we wait for the real voting to start.

While it is very good to be registered on the Faux News front page - don't expect it on-air/cable anytime soon.

And people are just starting to pay attention, so this is the time to be energetic and optimistic.

Don't play in the game if you don't think you can win.

-----------------------------

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison

"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war. War settles nothing." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

adpierce
12-07-2007, 09:40 AM
I about crapped myself when first I saw that name on that list. Then I remembered that not even fox news could ignore Dr. Paul forever... they'll just continue to marginalize him by giving him crappy numbers.

da32130
12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
He is only just now being included in the latest poll on RCP:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-192.html

The Ap-Ipos poll(pdf);
http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/act_dsp_pdf.cfm?name=mr071206-2topline.pdf&id=3750

Previously they didn't even ask about him.

hawkeyenick
12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Anyone else notice guiliani's point lead got cut in half?

Bigboyen
12-07-2007, 10:13 AM
The results of the fox news poll display exactly why the polls cannot be trusted.

If the polls were unbiased, then the results should be in the same ballpark as the results of polls done by others. When a poll is done by rasmussen (who isn't too biased against Ron Paul) is showing Ron Paul at 8% and a poll done by Fox News (who is clearly biased against Ron Paul) is showing Ron Paul at 4%...there's obviously manipulation of these polls to show the results you want.

All polls have a margin of error, I'm not sure the number of the fox poll - but I will guess +/- 4 percent. So when a candidate is still under 10% the MOE has a big impact.

Also they are talking about likely voters and then it's different from company to company. Some companies value previous voting behaviour more, other goes after how eager they are voter claims to be and other again track everyone and place them into voter groups and then have a model on how much from each voter group historically have been voting.

Of course this campaign is special and it can surprise the polling companies. But in any case it won't be that we are polling in 8% and get 30% of the votes. So we need to move upwards in polls to have any chance - and then we can have a extra upside versus the other campaigns if they young, independents and not earlier voters turn up on election day.

pacelli
12-07-2007, 10:15 AM

You knew they wouldn't post the results of their OWN post-debate text polls :) Obviously those polls didn't come out the way they wanted.

JustAnotherV
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't care if they are saying 4%, when there may be other numbers. Half the people looking atthat poll are saying "who is Ron Paul? " It's about damn time.

ashlux
12-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Just wait for December 16th. This will be a graph Ron Paul's poll numbers:

_____________|

:D

Something seems slightly erotic about that... :p

Elwar
12-07-2007, 02:11 PM
He is only just now being included in the latest poll on RCP:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-192.html

The Ap-Ipos poll(pdf);
http://www.ipsos-na.com/news/client/act_dsp_pdf.cfm?name=mr071206-2topline.pdf&id=3750

Previously they didn't even ask about him.

Wait...if he's on the Real Clear Politics site...doesn't that mean he'll be included in that stupid online poll that got tired of Ron Paul winning every week...so they narrowed the candidates down to only those included on Real Clear Politics?

enjerth
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Wait...if he's on the Real Clear Politics site...doesn't that mean he'll be included in that stupid online poll that got tired of Ron Paul winning every week...so they narrowed the candidates down to only those included on Real Clear Politics?

LOL so are they going to begrudgingly accept him back into their polls or find a new excuse?

POLL CANCELED!

Ron LOL
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Dude, John McCain in third? Yeah, I have a difficult time believing that.

conner_condor
12-07-2007, 04:27 PM
They are all going to look like asses and have no credibillity when RP supporters hit the polls.
Unlike other candidates. We know RP supporters will vote. Most people talking about who they like prob won't get out to vote for their candidate because they think they got it in the bag and need not do anything. They are going to have a serious credibillity problem and that we know. But we have to get out there on foot and keep pushing on the ground,Especially in Iowa and NH. I say after the tea party for those who live in them 2 states to please get out there and hit every single city and township door to door and hand out CDs and slimjims.
I want along with every other RP supporter for him to kick ass in these 2 states right off the bat. I know you people can do this in them 2 states if you put some long hrs in after work every day for those that work. Any body works for a pizza delivery company beer delivery or any other door to door delivery for that matter? Hand out some slim jims to the customers.

jasonoliver
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Fantastic! A great milestone! On the front page of the politics section on Fox News, Ron Paul is finally listed among the frontrunners on the poll.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/index.html

This will likely result in more support for Ron Paul, as people who did not believe he could be elected begin to shift, because Ron Paul is finally starting to be reported as a viable candidate!

This is NOT FoxNews doing.........RealClearPolitics.com just changed their widget to add RP.

LinearChaos
12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
sure the energy and buzz on forums is good but don't forget the other candidates ahve strategies and voting blocs too - they arent sitting quietly by letting us whup their ass.Oh yeah? Prove it. LOL.

nathanmn
12-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I believe that % is based on an average of polls. Ron Paul has been steadily rising in the polls so an average will show lower support than he really has.

Danny Molina
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM
meh nevermind it's not an online voting poll

rasheedwallace
12-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Let's stay focused and get this man elected!!!!

rip ODB