PDA

View Full Version : Draft Tom Woods 2020

Havax
02-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Look, we aren't going to have a liberty nominee in 2020 either. The goal should be to expand the message as Ron did. There is no better communicator of a message that I've ever seen for the liberty philosophy than Tom Woods. He'd absolute destroy debates. If the liberty movement rallied around him we could prop him up into the debate in 2020 much like the faux tea party propped up and drafted Ben Carson.

Our best hope is to spread the message with crystal clarity to win converts and perhaps we can reach a tipping point someday - maybe it'll take a massive financial crisis or a huge war errror to finally tip people but I am convinced there's no one better to communicate the message than Tom Woods. I do not care if he can't get elected. Ron/Rand/Massive/Amash have equally as less chance. Start the movement now.

juleswin
02-03-2016, 08:28 AM
He is such a good communicator that his youtube views has gone down since he started making video. Maybe it was his failed attempt to communicate how Trump was a much better job at advancing the goal of liberty than Rand.

I would wager that Tom wouldn't be able to win a city council election in NH even if he had the backing of the whole liberty movement. Good luck trying to sell that piece of turd to the public

jmhudak17
02-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Adam Kokesh already announced he's running in 2020, I'll be fully behind him.

LibertyExplorer
02-03-2016, 08:32 AM
The media would immediately start digging up anything they could about him. They'd find some sort of faint connection to the League of the South and just keep bringing that up. He'd be called a racist neoconfederate until he left.

Havax
02-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Not on the GOP debate main stage which the only place you actually reach millions of people. Kokesh's run will not be noticed by anyone and will garner no media attention. Yes this matters if you like reality.

He is such a good communicator that his youtube views has gone down since he started making video. Maybe it was his failed attempt to communicate how Trump was a much better job at advancing the goal of liberty than Rand.

I would wager that Tom wouldn't be able to win a city council election in NH even if he had the backing of the whole liberty movement. Good luck trying to sell that piece of turd to the public

We don't expect Tom to win. Why do you hate him? I once literally converted a neo-con to libertarianism by showing him a 12 minute youtube clip of Tom Woods speaking.

The media would immediately start digging up anything they could about him. They'd find some sort of faint connection to the League of the South and just keep bringing that up. He'd be called a racist neoconfederate until he left.

Who cares? He'd destroy that attack on the debate stage.

Havax
02-03-2016, 09:07 AM
double post

liveandletlive
02-03-2016, 09:09 AM
his confederate sympathizing disqualifies him.

otherone
02-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Have them ALL run. Flood the field, CHANGE the DIALOGUE. One superpac to support multiple liberty candidates. I'm TIRED of freedom being a MINORITY position.

Occam's Banana
02-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Tom has said before that he has no inteterest in running for any office. Good for him.

He is such a good communicator that his youtube views has gone down since he started making video.

He rarely makes videos anymore. He just uploads visually static recordings of his podcasts to YouTube.

Most people listen to his podcast via his website, iTunes, Stitcher, etc.

Maybe it was his failed attempt to communicate how Trump was a much better job at advancing the goal of liberty than Rand.

Bullshit. I defy you to produce so much as one single instance of Tom Woods ever claiming that Trump was any good at all at "advancing the goal of liberty" - let alone that he was "much better" than Rand at doing so.

And I mean actual documentation of or citation for that particular claim, exactly as you stated it (and not merely some bitch-ass, whiny, butthurt interpretation of some criticism he made of Rand that you just didn't like). IOW: Put up or shut up.

I would wager that Tom wouldn't be able to win a city council election in NH even if he had the backing of the whole liberty movement.

And I would wager that even if today Tom were to become the most raving, irrational ********** of them all, then prior to today he'd still have done far, far more for the "whole liberty movement" than you will ever do in your whole goddam life.

Good luck trying to sell that piece of turd to the public

Good luck trying to piss on your betters to any effect. (I'm sure at least a few 2nd-graders will be duly impressed with your verbal acumen.)

Bastiat's The Law
02-03-2016, 11:22 AM

Umm, you do realize the Woods is producing one of the best podcasts on the planet right now. So much so, that I find links to episodes of his podcast on other forums and it's not me doing the linking to libertarian content for once.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Look, we aren't going to have a liberty nominee in 2020 either. The goal should be to expand the message as Ron did. There is no better communicator of a message that I've ever seen for the liberty philosophy than Tom Woods. He'd absolute destroy debates. If the liberty movement rallied around him we could prop him up into the debate in 2020 much like the faux tea party propped up and drafted Ben Carson.

Our best hope is to spread the message with crystal clarity to win converts and perhaps we can reach a tipping point someday - maybe it'll take a massive financial crisis or a huge war errror to finally tip people but I am convinced there's no one better to communicate the message than Tom Woods. I do not care if he can't get elected. Ron/Rand/Massive/Amash have equally as less chance. Start the movement now.

I love Tom.. and he could destroy in a debate.. problem is these arent debates.. people get 30 seconds to talk.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2016, 11:34 AM
by far if you guys havent heard his talk about herbert dow and bromine.. its classicly funny.. its really as funny as a stand up comedy routine to me but educational as well about free markets

ds21089
02-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I love Tom.. and he could destroy in a debate.. problem is these arent debates.. people get 30 seconds to talk.

DING DING DING! This is one of the biggest problems in this country. How can you possibly explain things in detail in 30 seconds. Also, this allows people who just run on sound bites without explaining in detail make it seem like they know what they're doing. If they had to speak longer on a subject, their ignorance would be more apparent.

Badger Paul
02-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I hear he wants to be President of the Confederacy. He might have a good shot of winning that office, better than being President of the U.S.

Wilf
02-03-2016, 11:42 AM
I hear he wants to be President of the Confederacy. He might have a good shot of winning that office, better than being President of the U.S.
I think you are thinking about Lew Rockwell; isn't Woods an anarchist?

ds21089
02-03-2016, 11:42 AM

Seconded, though you know him being arrested will be brought up time and time again.

Kokesh is a good debater and wont take any bullshit. He'll call out the media and demand speaking time during debates. Also, his voice projects strength (which doesnt matter to me, but we know how stupid the public are and want a "strong" leader). He'll also straight up talk about the dirt on each candidate running against him.

juleswin
02-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Tom has said before that he has no inteterest in running for any office. Good for him.

Good for him too. Very smart move on his part, cos if he ever tried to run with his purist, make no compromise political strategy, he would be lucky to do better than Martin O'Mally in a primary election. This is ignoring his short baldy look he has going for him

He rarely makes videos anymore. He just uploads visually static recordings of his podcasts to YouTube.

Which I see and ignore about once or twice every week. Weekly or biweekly, audio or video postings, the point is that the stuff he is putting out now is barely drawing an audience on youtube. Also weekly or biweekly is not what I consider rarely making video. But carry on.

Most people listen to his podcast via his website, iTunes, Stitcher, etc.

I am talking about youtube where I have been monitoring him and I am saying that his numbers have been gradually dropping since he started posting his podcast segments on youtube. The man is completely off when he is not doing his prepared speeches, get butthurt all you want but that is the truth.

Bullshit. I defy you to produce so much as one single instance of Tom Woods ever claiming that Trump was any good at all at "advancing the goal of liberty" - let alone that he was "much better" than Rand at doing so.

You win on this, I am not even going to listen that borefest he calls a podcast where he almost always becomes a yes man to his guests. Also he has a cunning and drawn out way of saying things like this that makes it difficult to single out the moment it happens. But he says just as much and sadly, I am not willing to go back and listen to his sleep inducing ramblings just to prove you wrong.

And I mean actual documentation of or citation for that particular claim, exactly as you stated it (and not merely some bitch-ass, whiny, butthurt interpretation of some criticism he made of Rand that you just didn't like). IOW: Put up or shut up.

You win again, not going to do it. I think I am only subscribe to his channel to see when he makes prepared speeches cos those ones are very good and even my deep hatred of Tom Woods wouldn't stop me from listening to those. I have to give something to him, he is a smart man and he is much better with language than I am. I am saying he does it in way that I a novice like me cannot pinpoint the exact moment it happened. I know you understand how a wordsmith like him can put ABC and D message out without explicitly saying ABC and D.

And I would wager that even if today Tom were to become the most raving, irrational ********** of them all, then prior to today he'd still have done far, far more for the "whole liberty movement" than you will ever do in your whole goddam life.

What do you know, right yet again. I agree that I haven't done much for liberty but I also want to believe that I haven't done anything to harm it, something I can't say for Tom Woods. I see Tom Woods as an enabler to the liberty movement. I think he only wants to help when the liberty movement seems helpless but would sneakingly try to undermine it if we start achieving something. You know like those people who you see on shows like "My 600lbs life". They would be around to do just about everything for the fattie but they start to undermine him/her when they start doing well, when its start to become apparent that the fattie can do without them. That is the way I see him

So I expect Tom to go back and become the stalworth advocate of liberty now the campaign is over.

Good luck trying to piss on your betters to any effect. (I'm sure at least a few 2nd-graders will be duly impressed with your verbal acumen.)

Lol, fair play I totally saw that one coming, but to be fair to my not so impressive English writing skills, I speak 3 other languages better than English and I did not speak English at home growing up. Actually we just spoke during dinner time when my dad was on holidays from his job.

Occam's Banana
02-03-2016, 12:31 PM
[snip for brevity] As expected - no substance, no evidence, just lame and evasive excuses slathered with more insults and trash-talk. :rolleyes:

Tywysog Cymru
02-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Running activists is not a good strategy. Run doctors or engineers or people with non-political jobs.

Peace&Freedom
02-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Tom Woods as a candidate would be a phenomenal communicator for liberty, if he could be talked into doing it (which appears doubtful). Given his longstanding connection to Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell, Woods would also get permission to tap into the Paul campaign database and campaign infrastructure more readily than any other liberty figure outside the Paul family.

The only real question mark would be whether his professorial demeanor is the approach the movement would support for yet a fourth Presidential try (since we've gone with that approach with Ron and Rand, some would say we need a more 'burly' persona, such as that represented by a Kokesh).

But whoever the next national liberty candidate is, will still have to address avoiding the failures of the previous contenders---he'll have to engage blocs beyond the libertarian-constitutionalist base such as the cultural right and anti-establishment voters. The candidate needs to deflate the war machine by bluntly questioning its premises, while giving himself the leverage to prevent the MSM and elite from marginalizing him, such as by running a fusion candidacy (GOP, LP, CP), etc.

K466
02-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Tom would be awesome to see in the debate... I'd pay big bucks for it, but I don't think it's what he wants to do and I think we have other options that would work out better overall. Cough Judge Napolitano cough...

I think he only wants to help when the liberty movement seems helpless but would sneakingly try to undermine it if we start achieving something.

WTF. Seriously where do you get this.

It's one thing to say he might not be the best option we have for Presidential candidate, but this anti-Woods rant is astounding.

Oh and his video count... who cares. Podcasts counts don't matter, they are also on iTunes and Stitcher and his website so you are not getting the real view count.

Occam's Banana
02-03-2016, 06:37 PM
WTF. Seriously where do you get this.

He just pulled it out of his ass ("blarg blarg piece of turd blarg blarg" ...).

It's substancelessly spiteful defamation. He can't actually back it up with anything but more "blarg blarg I hate short baldy Tom blarg blarg ..."

NewRightLibertarian
02-03-2016, 06:58 PM

It's not like he could do any worse than Rand if he tried.

And how is it that his being right over and over again regarding Rand's abysmal failed campaign somehow has caused him to lose credibility to you? Or are you just butthurt that he hit a little to close to home for 'ya?

idiom
02-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Run him for State Assembly or Congress. Get off the Presidential WANK.