PDA

View Full Version : Wifi Vote Results, Rp 1 Of 2 Vote 'no'

rockwell
12-07-2007, 08:50 AM
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/roll1131.xml

DirtMcGirt
12-07-2007, 09:03 AM
saw that, they are just tryin to get their hands on the internet one fingernail at a time.....

Kapt Nemo
12-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I look at this like I look at our cars.... you give the government an inch and the next thing you know they're telling you that you can't smoke in your car... sigh

undergroundrr
12-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Why do I sense that in the face of the rise of the Ron Paul r3VOLution, the political establishment is getting even more desparate, urgent and firm in its resolve to pass these egregious violations of privacy and freedom? I expect them to come hot and heavy in the next year. Will America will be an Orwellian deep-freeze by the time the general election comes around?

rockwell
12-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Why do I sense that in the face of the rise of the Ron Paul r3VOLution, the political establishment is getting even more desparate, urgent and firm in its resolve to pass these egregious violations of privacy and freedom? I expect them to come hot and heavy in the next year. Will America will be an Orwellian deep-freeze by the time the general election comes around?

You probably get that sense because that's the plan. It's been a long process to get to this point and I honestly believe that they almost acheived their goal, but one of their tools- the "net" (and they don't call it that for nothing) was intended as a sophisticated monitoring tool, a means of self incrimination for the citizenry as well as a place where people would remain atomized and eschew face to face community- the problem is that people started using it as a means of uncovering hidden history and to CREATE community, like Meetup. I think shutting it down will be too little, too late and the fact that as many folks as have "woken up" is simply an unintended consequence.