PDA

View Full Version : Hands Up, Don’t Execute - LaVoy Finicum, Michael Brown, and Identity Politics

Lucille
02-02-2016, 10:45 AM
http://original.antiwar.com/Dan_Sanchez/2016/02/01/division-and-conquest-in-the-war-at-home/

Many liberals passed sentence on the Citizens for Constitutional Freedom (CCF) weeks ago. The cowboys occupying the Malheur Wildlife Refuge headquarters in Oregon were criminals. Even worse, they were culturally unsympathetic criminals. “Y’all Qaeda,” was the taunt of choice for the smart set, which rocked with laughter when enterprising wags delivered sex toys to the squares.

Yet when they put joking aside, many progressives called for these “militants” to be dealt with as “the terrorists they were”: lethally and with extreme prejudice. Besides, many said, the right-wing nuts were probably a bunch of Islamophobic racists.

The law-and-order left got what they wanted on Tuesday of last week, when several CCF members were ambushed on the road by the FBI and Oregon State Police. CCF spokesman LeVoy Finicum was shot and killed, and the rest were arrested (some after also being shot). The killing was met mostly with approval or shrugs from progressives on social media.

One notable exception was Anonymous, which released a video declaring that:

“…Finicum was killed in cold blood, as his hands were in the air. Just as Anonymous called for justice in the killing of Michael Brown we call for justice now.”
[...]
Both are blinded by their respective bigotries to the truth that rights are inherent to the individual, and are not based on group identity or cultural affinity.

Nobody should be gunned down in the road like a rabid dog, regardless of whether the individual is a pillar of his community or a hardened criminal, a philanthropic saint or an incorrigible misanthrope. Every individual has an inalienable right to life: a right not to be killed unless that individual is presenting an imminent threat to the life of someone else.

And violence is only self-defense, if such an imminent threat is real. There are no “oopsies” allowed: not for cops, for Feds, or for anybody else. Killing someone is not “self-defense” just because you “thought” a threat existed.

And it doesn’t matter how paranoid their officer training has made them. It doesn’t matter how many times they’ve practiced with “No More Hesitation” targets with pictures of children, pregnant women, and elderly folk pointing guns at them. Murder is murder.
[...]
Neither LaVoy Finicum nor Michael Brown were killed in self-defense. Both were executed, and both for the same unwritten, age-old capital offense: lèse-majesté (literally “injured majesty”). Both had blasphemed the divine State by impudently defying its punitive priesthood (to use Will Grigg’s expression). And so examples were made out of both uppity peons, each time to the cheers of some of the State’s worshipful subjects, and each time as an object lesson for the rest. Thus it will ever be, so long as Americans continue to let their government use identity politics to divide and tyrannically rule them.

Gavin McInnes has written a few pieces on the identity politics of it too, and guilty of it himself:

http://takimag.com/article/the_plight_of_the_modern_rebel_gavin_mcinnes#axzz3 z1tPYHLy

The mainstream media, Northerners, students, Madison Wisconsinites, Californians, gays, visible minorities, most women, and liberals in general love sticking it to the man if the rebels don’t look like my dad. This is because modern rebellion has little to do with justice or “the people.” It’s about screaming, “Fuck you, Dad!” and slamming the door to your room. Where Ferguson protesters were provided a “space” to riot even though the guy they were screaming about never had his hands up, the ranchers were called #YallQaeda and #VanillaISIS. Montel Williams suggested the National Guard go in there and “shoot to kill.” The justification being, we attacked black protesters so why not do the same to white ones? Uh, the black protesters were rioters who were burning down their communities based on a rumor. They smashed store windows for a free can of Pringles and some paper towels. Michael Brown didn’t have his hands up. The Hammonds were oppressed by the government, as is just about every rancher and farmer in this country. The EPA regularly bankrupts rural Americans with insane fines for building a pond or draining a marsh. Nobody has done more for environmentalism than hunters because they have an incentive to preserve it, but the government is convinced the free market will bring us all to the verge of extinction.

http://takimag.com/article/politics_as_fashion_is_a_bad_look_gavin_mcinnes#ax zz3z1tPYHLy

Despite Occupy Oregon meeting all the criteria for an anarchist revolution, the reaction is still much more in the #YallQaeda #VanillaISIS camp. I’m seeing people focus on the fact that LaVoy’s wife lists “foster care provider” as her vocation. Where were these people when we discovered that Trayvon’s father was a gangbanger? They want you to know that LaVoy’s fellow occupier Ammon Bundy may have been drinking alcohol at the time of his arrest. The same side that chanted, “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want them? Now!” is offended that Bundy may have threatened cops. They call the ranchers welfare moochers who are taking advantage of the poor, feeble state.

Apparently, allowing your cattle to graze outside government boundaries is some kind of aristocratic decadence. Anarchists wearing Guy Fawkes masks are all of a sudden concerned about the government not getting enough tax dollars. It’s willful ignorance.

Anti Federalist
02-02-2016, 11:23 AM
That's because AmeriKunts are brain damaged, and can't put two cohesive thoughts together anymore.

phill4paul
02-02-2016, 11:56 AM
That's because AmeriKunts are brain damaged, and can't put two cohesive thoughts together anymore.

And that's why the political approach is doomed to failure. The people don't even know what liberty means, so how can one expect them to vote for it? It would take 3 generations of pro-liberty indoctrination to change the damage done. I don't see that happening.

jllundqu
02-02-2016, 12:22 PM
I homeschool my kids.

I try to live a life of dignity and service to my fellow man.

I try to leave the world a little better place when I'm gone.

I try to avoid and ignore the state when and wherever possible.

is that Agorism?

jllundqu
02-02-2016, 12:22 PM
//