PDA

View Full Version : This cant be true! No RP signs/stickers, anything in RP home district?

Dave Wood
12-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Found this on a blog and it didnt seem to come from someone with any sort of slant whatsoever....this cant be true:eek:

All Quiet in Ron Paul Country

I visited one of our drilling rigs just outside Norheim, Texas (a suburb of Yorktown, TX) in Ron Paul’s 14th District. Drove almost the whole length of the district from Houston through Victoria, to Norheim. Although I saw tons of handmade high school football signs (looks like the Cuero Gobblers are going to the Quarterfinals!) I did not see one single Ron Paul bumper sticker, bill board or yard sign. Although Texans can be private, we are a notoriously a proud and boisterous bunch. I’m not sure what it means, but thought it interesting.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Well, if that's true, it looks like Bryan, Josh and the rest of the Houston Meetup have their hands full for this weekend. :p

Wingman
12-07-2007, 08:55 AM
i suggest leaving the district largely alone

ron paul's support in his home district is absolutely enormous and loyal

he is a 10 yr congressman who has defeated the hardest attempts of the democrats to unseat him. this is even though he has never voted in favour of funding for his electorate.

his people love him for what he is. maybe what we hsould do is just drop in andcasually encoursge thedm to go out and make him president.

they may actually not like to see their local hero taken away by the white house. so tread carefully.

he is much loved in his local electorate. he is like a small town boy made good - they will want to keep him.

sharedvoice
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Remember his Congressional seat for 14th District is being challenged this election cycle, while he also campaigns for President of the United States.

maxmerkel
12-07-2007, 09:37 AM
dr. paul get 60%+ in his home district. most of the time the democrats don't even bother to put someone on the ballot and republican contenders get crushed. :D

mavtek
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
No, I was down there, support for Dr. Paul would be appreciated as not everyone even realizes he's running for president!

steph3n
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
If you doubt the support I suggest going to ronpaulriders.com blog entries about the local support :D