PDA

View Full Version : Jones sees debt as national threat

jct74
01-30-2016, 10:02 PM
Jones sees debt as national threat

By Wes Wolfe
Jan. 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM

By any measure, $18.8 trillion is a lot of cash.

That was the level of the national debt subject to statutory limit according to the U.S. Department of the Treasury at the end of 2015.

U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones said in a brief visit to Snow Hill on Thursday that the debt — its size and its growth — presents a significant threat to the American economy.

“Here we are, 15 years later, and the debt is almost $19 trillion,” Jones said. “It will not be long before it becomes a chaotic country, because people will stop buying our debt, like China, Japan and these other countries. So, I, along with other Republicans, as well as a few Democrats, are very concerned about where this debt will be taking this country.”

When looking at how to tackle the challenge, Jones said he’d like to see the folks at the top leading that fight.

“Well, you’ve got to have the leadership at the very top,” Jones said. “I was very disappointed in Paul Ryan — did not support him for speaker of the House — very disappointed that he agreed to allow the omnibus (budget) bill to be passed with very little debate. The budget, the omnibus bill was $1.1 trillion. It just added more and more to the debt. That’s one reason I’m very much opposed to staying in Afghanistan.”

read more:
http://www.kinston.com/news/20160129/jones-sees-debt-as-national-threat

Dianne
01-30-2016, 10:24 PM
No shit. We're worried about ISIS, as we fund them, arm them, support them. But the bigger distraction is the focus on our debt. The World Bank already owns a large portion of this country through the illegal foreclosures that stole millions, upon millions of homes in this country. Even the Obama admin. had to say, sorry the banks illegally foreclosed upon your home. The U.S. government going to make it up to you. Here's a check for $500. for your inconvenience.