PDA

View Full Version : Don't let the DMR poll bother you at all. Here is something that we learned today...

kbs021
01-30-2016, 09:17 PM
First of all this is the same DMR poll that only polled 5 percent of people that voted for Ron. (31 percent for Romney, 14 percent for Rick Santorum)... They DID NOT include this question in the recent one (wonder why). Don't panic, we are good. This same poll in 2012 was off on Rick Santorum by 10 points.... He went from distant third all the way to first. Obviously we aren't at 15 percent in this poll, however, there are many more dynamics in this race. They are predicting another record turnout which could be wrong. They are also not taking into account Rand's college ground game. Ron DID NOT have this... This could be ground breaking. WE do have over 10k students pledged to caucus for us..many of which will be registering at the caucus. This alone puts us well over 5 percent.This poll was also taken most BEFORE the debate. This means that the race has changed since this poll was taken! Things will also happen before Monday (Cruz intimidating voters) Keep fighting, keep calling...

Why do I say keep calling???... I have been informed that we have identified over 2k new Rand supporters AFTER the debate on Thursday.. Yes, in two days we have identified over 2 thousand supporters. That's a 3rd of what this poll is predicting us to have lol This is freaking huge news. We have more volunteers in the head quarters right now than the Cruz and Trump campaign combined. The work being done right now is ENORMOUS.. Steve Grubbs said that he isn't aware of any campaign making 1 million calls before in Iowa.. We have 2 more days too... CAV pac have identified close to 40k potential Rand supporters.. They just witnessed Rand having his best debate yet. CAV pac is sending all of these supporters post cards that let them know their caucus location and instructions (included are instructions on independents needing to switch parties JUST to caucus that night).

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!!! We don't have time for that... Do me a favor and hang in until Monday! If nothing else, give Rand's team your effort until votes are taken!

squirl22
01-30-2016, 09:25 PM
Yes, I heard 2000 new voters since the debate also. I was wondering when this poll was taken; figured it was before the debate. I know Cruz has support, but Trump is a complete unknown as far as I am concerned since he has no ground game and and seems to think rally attendees are all going to caucus..ha ha. I think Rubio is not doing that well but he does have establishment support. But it seems to me he will be splitting that somewhat with Bush. I really will be surprised if Carson does well at all....I still think Rand has a good chance to do better than Carson and Rubio and maybe even Trump....

CPUd
01-30-2016, 09:34 PM
In contrast, some dude on /r/randpaul was looking into the claim that Cruz has 1500 precinct captains, it's so easy to become one that he went to his site and signed up:
https://www.tedcruz.org/volunteer/precinct-captain/

lly4now
01-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Interesting... You can't actually get to that page on his website, so a random site visitor can't sign up to be a precinct captain. They probably sent that page via email to a core group of supporters.

That said, if form-ups count toward 1500, then that's pathetic for their campaign!

Peace&Freedom
01-30-2016, 09:48 PM
Or is the fix in? The purpose of polling as the MSM does it, as these last three primary races have shown, is to provide cover for the entire media to emphasize those leading in the polls, and discount discussing the rest. The coverage of those frontrunners lead to those candidates getting more consideration by the voters, thus more votes, making their higher totals a self-fulfilling prophecy. Otherwise, the MSM uses polling to justify blacking out and burying candidates like Rand.

Note the non-stop mentions of Rubio's potential surge this weekend, compared to no discussions of a possible surge for Rand, despite his ground game being better staffed and organized. Do these 'reporters' even report that Rand is better organized to have a surge? And if they're going to remind us of Santorum's surge from single digits to popular vote victor in IA last time, why won't they fairly discuss all the single-digit candidates' potential to surge, not just Rubio's?

nikcers
01-30-2016, 10:00 PM
You have to assume that the RNC has perpetuated a weekly flavor candidate as a two pronged approach and to put each candidate in the spotlight, so they can be fully vetted by the media industrial complex. To beta test platforms to see which one meshes the best in the general election. Part of the reason why the RNC thinks that they lost is because of us. We spent millions putting out ads making republicans in general look bad, because Ron had such a consistent message the nominee had to deal with extra scrutiny for changing positions. Assuming that this is their process because it would seem like it reaches the logical conclusion.

That being said Rand has been middling the entire year, he doesn't get booed on liberal TV, and has a record of reaching out to non traditional republican constituencies. We have to assume that Rand is a top choice for the RNC, just not their preferred choice. They need our votes so they can't give Rand the finger, and keep him out of the debates forever, they don't want to push us out of the party. So they have a bunch of false choices running that siphon off our supporters and then they try to downplay Rand's support. The Rand Paul surge will not be televised. He is the only one who doesn't get booed in liberal audiences, and that is still ignored.

Jonderdonk
01-30-2016, 10:11 PM
You have to assume that the RNC has perpetuated a weekly flavor candidate as a two pronged approach and to put each candidate in the spotlight, so they can be fully vetted by the media industrial complex. To beta test platforms to see which one meshes the best in the general election. Part of the reason why the RNC thinks that they lost is because of us. We spent millions putting out ads making republicans in general look bad, because Ron had such a consistent message the nominee had to deal with extra scrutiny for changing positions. Assuming that this is their process because it would seem like it reaches the logical conclusion.

That being said Rand has been middling the entire year, he doesn't get booed on liberal TV, and has a record of reaching out to non traditional republican constituencies. We have to assume that Rand is a top choice for the RNC, just not their preferred choice. They need our votes so they can't give Rand the finger, and keep him out of the debates forever, they don't want to push us out of the party. So they have a bunch of false choices running that siphon off our supporters and then they try to downplay Rand's support. The Rand Paul surge will not be televised. He is the only one who doesn't get booed in liberal audiences, and that is still ignored.

It's true. Rand would win overwhelmingly in the general election. The Sanders supporters like Rand better than they like Hillary.

francisco
01-30-2016, 10:18 PM
First of all this is the same DMR poll that only polled 5 percent of people that voted for Ron. (31 percent for Romney, 14 percent for Rick Santorum)... They DID NOT include this question in the recent one (wonder why). Don't panic, we are good. This same poll in 2012 was off on Rick Santorum by 10 points.... He went from distant third all the way to first. Obviously we aren't at 15 percent in this poll, however, there are many more dynamics in this race. They are predicting another record turnout which could be wrong. They are also not taking into account Rand's college ground game. Ron DID NOT have this... This could be ground breaking. WE do have over 10k students pledged to caucus for us..many of which will be registering at the caucus. This alone puts us well over 5 percent.This poll was also taken most BEFORE the debate. This means that the race has changed since this poll was taken! Things will also happen before Monday (Cruz intimidating voters) Keep fighting, keep calling...

Why do I say keep calling???... I have been informed that we have identified over 2k new Rand supporters AFTER the debate on Thursday.. Yes, in two days we have identified over 2 thousand supporters. That's a 3rd of what this poll is predicting us to have lol This is freaking huge news. We have more volunteers in the head quarters right now than the Cruz and Trump campaign combined. The work being done right now is ENORMOUS.. Steve Grubbs said that he isn't aware of any campaign making 1 million calls before in Iowa.. We have 2 more days too... CAV pac have identified close to 40k potential Rand supporters.. They just witnessed Rand having his best debate yet. CAV pac is sending all of these supporters post cards that let them know their caucus location and instructions (included are instructions on independents needing to switch parties JUST to caucus that night).

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!!! We don't have time for that... Do me a favor and hang in until Monday! If nothing else, give Rand's team your effort until votes are taken!

Truly excellent post, +rep; I'd give extra reps if I could

Dianne
01-30-2016, 10:20 PM
The poll doesn't have me down, at all !!! Rand kicked the establishment republicans like Jebbie, Christie, Kasich ass. The only establishment republican he didn't beat was Rubio, who will self destruct once his "Bill Clinton" type sexual encounters are exposed. So, doing pretty well in my view.

nikcers
01-30-2016, 10:22 PM
It's true. Rand would win overwhelmingly in the general election. The Sanders supporters like Rand better than they like Hillary.

That's why the other candidates are going after Rand and his supporters so much, that's why you have so many astro turfers coming in here. They wanna force Rand off of the block to get the nomination and have us all firmly set on a second choice. They want us to vote team Red, they can't afford to have us vote against them so it's better for them if we don't vote or if we have a second choice candidate we throw our support behind. They are vacuuming Rand's single issues voters up with a bunch of "non-establishment" candidates. This is the same media that sold us the intelligence for the Iraq war, that media is selling us the "Donald". I bet you dollars to donuts that if there was a real threat from Trump then his controllers would either kill him or he would be spending more on his campaign. The fact that he has spent zero on his campaign tells me he doesn't care about it. If you wanna tell me what's important to you show me your budget.

eleganz
01-31-2016, 02:30 AM
Ugh leave it to the weak kneed BI POLAR Rand "supporters" sitting on the fence, happy when the news is good and scared as shit when the news is bad.

Grow some balls, we have one day left to the caucuses, who ISN'T calling Sunday? Not f'ing me!

RabbitMan
01-31-2016, 03:12 AM
Best of luck gents, I'm goin on hiatus until Monday with work and such.

Thanks to all who are giving their time to call on here on Sunday.

If you give me your address I'll buy you a pizza. Because we all know...[quote sig] :)

unknown
01-31-2016, 03:47 AM
OP, I hope you are correct and I am optimistic about the results.

With regards to the "surges", at-least the Santorum "surge", IMHO, it was 100% media generated and manufactured.

In the few days leading up to Iowa, they blasted his name CONSTANTLY. It was by design in hopes to take votes from Ron and it worked.

rich34
01-31-2016, 06:11 AM
OP, I hope you are correct and I am optimistic about the results.

With regards to the "surges", at-least the Santorum "surge", IMHO, it was 100% media generated and manufactured.

In the few days leading up to Iowa, they blasted his name CONSTANTLY. It was by design in hopes to take votes from Ron and it worked.

All no doubt. Also maybe it's just me but there seemed to be a helluva lot more polling going on in 2012 compared to this time around. I guess it doesn't matter just wonder why.

But I hope you're right. I'm hoping the rally with Ron today is big enough to grab the headlines in the Iowa newspapers tomorrow and is the top story on the local news. Hopefully he'll be able to bring any of his past supporters that might be supporting other candidates back into the fold.