PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Stand Up For Ron Paul!

belian78
12-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post this here in case we have some other RP supporters in the Central IL area that would like to attend. We're having a night at the local comedy club, and all proceeds go to the RP campaign! Also, I've been talking to some other comics that have the idea to have a 'Ron Paul Comedy Tour', so if you know of other comics across the country that would be willing to do something like this let me know.

When:
Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 7:00 PM 2007
Where:
JukeBox Comedy Club
3527 Farmington Rd.
Peoria, IL 61604

Description:
We're meeting at the Jukebox Comedy Club on Wednesday, December 19th for the Ron Paul Comedy Benefit. The club holds 240 people, and we're hoping to get folks from all the area Meetup groups to attend. Let's pack that place! You'll have a great time, and 100% of the proceeds go to Ron Paul. Bring your friends and family (but you may want to leave the kids at home with a babysitter, unless you don't mind them attending an R-rated performance).

Event fee:
USD10.00 per person

Nate K
12-07-2007, 08:42 AM
cool man. are you a comic?

that's one of my dream jobs.

belian78
12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm not a comic, my meetup is promoting it with the help of another meetup in the next big town near us.

coboman
12-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Awesome

belian78
12-07-2007, 11:46 AM
bump...

could we pull off a 'ron paul comedy tour'? anyone have comedy clubs in their areas that could host them?

Revolution9
12-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post this here in case we have some other RP supporters in the Central IL area that would like to attend. We're having a night at the local comedy club, and all proceeds go to the RP campaign! Also, I've been talking to some other comics that have the idea to have a 'Ron Paul Comedy Tour', so if you know of other comics across the country that would be willing to do something like this let me know.

When:
Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 7:00 PM 2007
Where:
JukeBox Comedy Club
3527 Farmington Rd.
Peoria, IL 61604

Description:
We're meeting at the Jukebox Comedy Club on Wednesday, December 19th for the Ron Paul Comedy Benefit. The club holds 240 people, and we're hoping to get folks from all the area Meetup groups to attend. Let's pack that place! You'll have a great time, and 100% of the proceeds go to Ron Paul. Bring your friends and family (but you may want to leave the kids at home with a babysitter, unless you don't mind them attending an R-rated performance).

Event fee:
USD10.00 per person

Make them stick on topic. I had six comedians at an RP fest here in Atlanta. Thought they would have enough sense to do political humor. Well..one talked about her long legs and her nipples on her knees..and her husband..bombed..then another talked about how his mom thought he was funny...bombed.. Another talked politics and he was funny but bombed trying to sling a mudball at RP.. I don't know who these "clowns" and i use that word loosely..heh.. thought they were playing to.. I felt bad for them but they just were not funny.

Best
Radsy