PDA

View Full Version : Wow, am I still asleep

rich34
01-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Fox news is actually covering Rand this morning and doing so positively?? Just making sure I'm not dreaming.

Fivezeroes
01-29-2016, 07:58 AM
Fox news is actually covering Rand this morning and doing so positively?? Just making sure I'm not dreaming.

Whaaaaa?

01-29-2016, 07:58 AM
Fox has been pumping Rubio this morning mostly... but Rand has gotten some good mentions.

Peace&Freedom
01-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Maybe mending fences with one of the two candidates who boycotted them? FOX has lost some perceived power due to their standing up to them.

RandFTW
01-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Is it happening?

euphemia
01-29-2016, 08:03 AM
Rand won the debate. They don't like him much, but they can't argue with his resounding success last night.

georgiaboy
01-29-2016, 08:03 AM
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Rand earned it. The writing is on the wall for his success in Iowa after last night, and the recent rise in some polls. It's a real surge. They gotta cover him.

It's forced media.

Oh, and Rand is awesome.

rich34
01-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Fox has been pumping Rubio this morning mostly... but Rand has gotten some good mentions.

This is true, but considering fox news normally is not allowed to mention his name Rand is doing pretty good.

georgiaboy
01-29-2016, 08:07 AM
btw, any mention of Cruz or the Old McDonald? Others?

01-29-2016, 08:08 AM
btw, any mention of Cruz or the Old McDonald? Others?
Lots of Cruz talk, but mostly centered around the back and forth on immigration between him and Rubio. Cruz is looking bad, imho.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2016, 08:36 AM
http://glenbradley.net/imghost/rpf/2016_01JAN/nrscdebatepoll.png

http://www.foxdebate.com/landing/winning-debate/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=TPII&utm_campaign=20160129_Fox%20Republican%20Debate%20 HQ-TPII&utm_content=body_txt_votenow

Anti-Neocon
01-29-2016, 08:39 AM
I feel like this is part of the "take away support from Cruz so that Rubio wins" because they don't have to acknowledge anything, but it is great indeed.

rg17
01-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Rand going to be on Varney and Co at 10:50 ET. (Charles Payne filling in)

rich34
01-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Lots of Cruz talk, but mostly centered around the back and forth on immigration between him and Rubio. Cruz is looking bad, imho.

Yep they even mentioned the headline in the biggest newspaper in Iowa is saying Cruz looked bad. I'm thinking Cruz may have surged prematurely lol.

The Juan guy and blond chick just said Rand did really well saying he looked much more comfortable/relaxed than he's ever looked and was very knowledgeable. I don't know if three more days will be enough for Rand to surge to the top but with Ron on his way it will be very very close.

rich34
01-29-2016, 08:46 AM
I feel like this is part of the "take away support from Cruz so that Rubio wins" because they don't have to acknowledge anything, but it is great indeed.

I agree but with so many in the race I think it will only serve to dilute the vote all the much more giving Rand an even better shot at pulling off an upset so long as he and Ron can turn out the vote.

euphemia
01-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Rand was firing on all cylinders. He looked very Presidential. Wardrobe and hair were perfect. He had concise points to make, and made them well. This is the guy we want as our President.

SilentBull
01-29-2016, 09:03 AM

For reals?? Maybe they just wanna hurt Cruz by splitting some of his support? Maybe they have no clue what to do anymore.

otherone
01-29-2016, 09:07 AM
Rand was firing on all cylinders. He looked very Presidential. Wardrobe and hair were perfect. He had concise points to make, and made them well. This is the guy we want as our President.

Rand single-handedly wiped out Trumps competition for him.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Rand single-handedly wiped out Trumps competition for him.

So Rand becomes the antitrump. Good news. Trump has a 38% ceiling. If Rand is the antitrump that gives him a 62% ceiling.

georgiaboy
01-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Black Swan event - Rand is excluded from FBN debate.

Tipping Point - Last night.

Occam's Banana
01-29-2016, 04:30 PM
So Rand becomes the antitrump. Good news. Trump has a 38% ceiling. If Rand is the antitrump that gives him a 62% ceiling. Actually, shouldn't it be Trump's floor that defines the anti-Trump ceiling?

puppetmaster
01-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Pump and dump? Maybe they have some dirt?.....just kidding. He did very well.

speciallyblend
01-29-2016, 04:48 PM
JUST WIN F'in IOWA, Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2537881. <span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 25.7143px; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: rgb(105, 182, 224);">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStIm0gNnUw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zStIm0gNnUw

speciallyblend
01-29-2016, 04:49 PM
not sure what happened with print above , but just f'in win iowa, donated 100 but when i copy and paste it shows white so you cant see it #2537881Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2537881.

Occam's Banana
01-29-2016, 05:10 PM
not sure what happened with print above , but just f'in win iowa, donated 100 but when i copy and paste it shows white so you cant see it #2537881Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2537881.

You cut and pasted the font and color codes along with the text, like so:

Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2537881.

Here's the text of your first message without the color and font tags:

JUST WIN F'in IOWA, Thank you for your $100.00 contribution to my campaign. Your transaction ID is 2537881.

ds21089
01-29-2016, 05:16 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12640348_1059155714126912_1782644688011645072_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

CaptUSA
01-29-2016, 07:21 PM
For reals?? Maybe they just wanna hurt Cruz by splitting some of his support? Maybe they have no clue what to do anymore.

Yep. Remember, these folks live by the polls. They not only use them to tell us who we should vote for, they actually believe the polls are 100% accurate. It's their business model, after all. They use polls to sell advertising.

So, yes. They want to make Rubio out to be the anti-Trump and they believe Rand can cut into Cruz's numbers in Iowa. Our only hope is to once and for all, totally discredit their polling by having Rand in the top 2.

They are in a full-court press to retain the establishment. Don't be fooled by their magnanimity. They're just playing their game.

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Actually, shouldn't it be Trump's floor that defines the anti-Trump ceiling?

Normally, yes, but Trump is an unusual case. His people would still love him if he clubbed baby seals in broad daylight on 5th Avenue. A Trumpaloompa is basically Trumpaloompa forever.

heavenlyboy34
01-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Rand won the debate. They don't like him much, but they can't argue with his resounding success last night.
Do polls reflect this? 2008 and 2012 prove that winning debates in the technical/debate club sort of way doesn't necessarily translate to winning from audience POV.

ds21089
01-29-2016, 07:29 PM
Yep. Remember, these folks live by the polls. They not only use them to tell us who we should vote for, they actually believe the polls are 100% accurate. It's their business model, after all. They use polls to sell advertising.

So, yes. They want to make Rubio out to be the anti-Trump and they believe Rand can cut into Cruz's numbers in Iowa. Our only hope is to once and for all, totally discredit their polling by having Rand in the top 2.

They are in a full-court press to retain the establishment. Don't be fooled by their magnanimity. They're just playing their game.

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing I was wondering about was why they bothered cornerning Rubio with the video instead of avoiding it? To seem like they arent showing favoritism?

lakerssuck92
01-29-2016, 08:11 PM

I suspect that this is a short-term strategy by Fox to get some of the Cruz vote to go to Rand so that Rubio can get 2nd and they can promote Rubio. I'm kind of a skeptic I feel like there is always some strategy behind whatever Fox is doing.

CPUd
01-29-2016, 08:25 PM
I suspect that this is a short-term strategy by Fox to get some of the Cruz vote to go to Rand so that Rubio can get 2nd and they can promote Rubio. I'm kind of a skeptic I feel like there is always some strategy behind whatever Fox is doing.

Yes, their strategy is to keep people tuned in to their channel.

Peace&Freedom
01-29-2016, 08:34 PM

Indeed, they've used the polling all three times to skew the coverage to the candidates they want, and away from Paul. Through 2007-8, the MSM sponsored polls that almost always left Ron Paul off the list of mentioned candidates, which resulted in him being stuck at 2% or so all primary season. Low numbers gave them cover to give him no attention. Was it a coincidence that all three networks, plus WP, NYT, AP---the entire 'A list' national media---sponsored polls that excluded Paul?

In 2011-2, during Paul suppression 2.0, they had to include Ron in the polls, as he was doing too well for them to get away with the soft blackout. But they talked up any other 'anti-Romney' except Paul, thus bringing up their visibility and poll numbers, in order to keep the coverage restricted to Mitt and his main number 2 rival of the moment. When Paul reached number 1 in the Iowa polls despite this, the discussions still focused on Romney, to keep from giving Paul any heavy attention. No attention, no momentum. Was it a coincidence that all three networks, plus WP, NYT, AP---the entire 'A list' national media---avoided giving Paul appropriate coverage?

We all know the Rand suppression 3.0 deal in 2016---Rand's main sources of support (younger voters, male voters, independents) have been consistently under-represented in the polls (example, in 2012, 15% of the Iowa vote turnout was younger voters, but the current polls usually include only 4% younger voters). With Rand's numbers kept low in this subtle fashion, gave them cover to give him no attention, again arresting Rand's momentum. Was it a coincidence that all three networks, plus WP, NYT, AP---the entire 'A list' national media---all sponsored polls that skewed the polling sample the same way?

Dianne
01-29-2016, 08:37 PM

That's exactly what I think. They always have a devious strategy. They have been pumping Jeb all day.

Sentinelrv
01-29-2016, 09:28 PM

What is Rubio's ground game like? At least Santorum had a major ground game when they started pumping him. Both together gave him the win. I doubt he would have won if he didn't have a good organization put together first. If Rubio doesn't have much of an organization, then I'm not sure how much good all this pumping is going to do.

CPUd
01-29-2016, 09:29 PM
What is Rubio's ground game like? At least Santorum had a major ground game when they started pumping him. If Rubio doesn't have much of an organization then I'm not sure how much good all this pumping is going to do.

In Iowa, about half the scale of Rand's. Santorum had what Cruz has now, from Steve King and Vander Plaats.

nikcers
01-29-2016, 09:50 PM
In Iowa, about half the scale of Rand's. Santorum had what Cruz has now, from Steve King and Vander Plaats.

ah so the establishments given us the ole santorum (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj7nYzF0NDKAhUC4iYKHZpJBUEQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.urbandictionary.com%2Fdefine. php%3Fterm%3Dsantorum%26defid%3D942955&usg=AFQjCNElTncJabyE6XEm-A_j0tT4pGjlUQ&sig2=dfTkw21diI5BHp_mLQs1kA&bvm=bv.113034660,d.eWE)( WARNING DO NOT CLICK )again huh?

Patrick Henry
01-29-2016, 09:54 PM

Which is better, Paul or Cruz?

nikcers
01-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Which is better, Paul or Cruz?
I think its pretty even, the trick is I think either Cruz could possible be running as some sort of strawman/devils advocate and is really standing with Rand. I only think this because he has made really poor decisions lately. Either way Rand has more of an opportunity to take votes from Cruz and Trump then the neocons and he is surging at the right time. Rand has probably a more efficient operation and better ran ground game, Ted Cruz fibs on everything he announces by stretching the truth he has a lot of paid staff but rand has people that work day and night as a passion. It's going to be a very close race but Rand will make top 3 easy.

it depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

BILL CLINTON CREATED ISIS CONFIRMED.

Sentinelrv
01-29-2016, 10:03 PM
I don't watch MSM, so is this favorable coverage still going on or has it already stopped? I saw in the debate that they asked Rand questions that would help them take down Cruz. As some of you are saying, giving Rand a mini pump like this would help them siphon off some Cruz voters to Rand, allowing them to pump Rubio so he achieves a 2nd place finish. Then Rubio becomes the anti-Trump, allowing them to ignore everyone else.

It seems to me though that they're underestimating Rand's support, as if they really believe the polls with him at 5%. They must think that they can siphon off just enough support from Cruz to raise Rand from 5% to 10-15%, but nowhere near being a threat to Rubio.

If this is really what their strategy is then they're playing a dangerous game. If the polls really are wrong and the youth vote turns out for him in massive numbers, this mini pump they're giving to Rand could drastically backfire on them and put him over the edge, possibly allowing him to take 1st place. I really hope the media miscalculates like this.

nikcers
01-29-2016, 10:25 PM
I don't watch MSM, so is this favorable coverage still going on or has it already stopped? I saw in the debate that they asked Rand questions that would help them take down Cruz. As some of you are saying, giving Rand a mini pump like this would help them siphon off some Cruz voters to Rand, allowing them to pump Rubio so he achieves a 2nd place finish. Then Rubio becomes the anti-Trump, allowing them to ignore everyone else.

It seems to me though that they're underestimating Rand's support, as if they really believe the polls with him at 5%. They must think that they can siphon off just enough support from Cruz to raise Rand from 5% to 10-15%, but nowhere near being a threat to Rubio.

If this is really what their strategy is then they're playing a dangerous game. If the polls really are wrong and the youth vote turns out for him in massive numbers, this mini pump they're giving to Rand could drastically backfire on them and put him over the edge to possibly take 1st place. I really hope the media miscalculates like this.

this is the tip of the iceberg, a top showing in Iowa from someone polling 3% will see a surge from people who were fence sitters due to the medias false narrative in NH, NC, NV, the maple syrup drinking falsechoise will go down soon and Rand will swallow the majority of his support even though the bastard will endorse Trump

CPUd
01-29-2016, 10:31 PM

If this is really what their strategy is then they're playing a dangerous game. If the polls really are wrong and the youth vote turns out for him in massive numbers, this mini pump they're giving to Rand could drastically backfire on them and put him over the edge to possibly take 1st place. I really hope the media miscalculates like this.

This is similar to Ron 2012; when Ron or his staffers were doing press and they kept asking him why won't he drop out cause his polling sucked, almost every time Ron told them exactly what he was going to do- fill the state conventions with Paul supporters and take delegate seats in the caucus states. Their problem in the press was that they didn't understand the delegate selection process enough to really get what he was telling them, and didn't want to do the homework on it. A few did, like Ben Swann, but most didn't start reporting on it until it actually happened and people started freaking out about getting their conventions taken over by those Ron Paul people.

devil21
01-29-2016, 11:21 PM
Yes, their strategy is to keep people tuned in to their channel.

I read earlier today that the debate Rand was left out of was the lowest ratings debate so far but viewership bounced back with last night's debate. That's substantial considering Trump was in the lowest ratings debate but absent last night. Does that mean Rand is the ratings driver, not Trump? I still don't think Trump's support is anywhere near as strong as the media (through their rigged polls) and the army of various online shill organizations (DNC, AIPAC, etc) is trying to make people believe. He's an act, not a candidate.

Sentinelrv
01-29-2016, 11:49 PM

If this is really what their strategy is then they're playing a dangerous game. If the polls really are wrong and the youth vote turns out for him in massive numbers, this mini pump they're giving to Rand could drastically backfire on them and put him over the edge, possibly allowing him to take 1st place. I really hope the media miscalculates like this.

This is similar to Ron 2012; when Ron or his staffers were doing press and they kept asking him why won't he drop out cause his polling sucked, almost every time Ron told them exactly what he was going to do- fill the state conventions with Paul supporters and take delegate seats in the caucus states. Their problem in the press was that they didn't understand the delegate selection process enough to really get what he was telling them, and didn't want to do the homework on it. A few did, like Ben Swann, but most didn't start reporting on it until it actually happened and people started freaking out about getting their conventions taken over by those Ron Paul people.

True, it is a similar situation. Rand has been telling the media his strategy for a while now just like Ron did, yet it seems as if they don't bother looking further into it because his poll numbers are so low. The only difference is that in 2012 when they finally figured out what was happening, they had time to put a stop to it without the public really knowing about what was happening behind the scenes at the state conventions.

If the media continues to underestimate Rand and his youth strategy ends up working, they won't have the time to stop it like they did with Ron's delegate strategy. Winning the popular vote when you're supposed to be polling at just 5% can't exactly be ignored. They can try and discount Iowa's significance, but I think at that point it will be too late for them to stop us. Let's just hope the media continues to underestimate Rand while giving him more positive coverage.

andy2044
01-30-2016, 12:18 AM
What is Rubio's ground game like? At least Santorum had a major ground game when they started pumping him. Both together gave him the win. I doubt he would have won if he didn't have a good organization put together first. If Rubio doesn't have much of an organization, then I'm not sure how much good all this pumping is going to do.

I do know that a friend of mine just flew into Iowa from Miami to caucus and volunteer for Rubio this weekend.

Lord Xar
01-30-2016, 12:55 AM
This is why....

They are pumping him for Iowa so that he draws away from Cruz and a little from Trump.
He will do well, in Iowa - probably won't win, what do they care. They will go back to ignoring him.

But, by drawing support away from Cruz/Trump, the establishment will then suggest "cruz" and "trump" are failing... and thus start pumping Rubio and Jeb for New Hampshire.....

It is a Pump and Dump, but not in the traditional way.. Pump Rand, then that will be the impetus to Dump Trump and Cruz..... leading the way for Rubio/Jeb and maybe that imbecile Kasich.

Peace&Freedom
01-30-2016, 05:30 AM
This is why....

They are pumping him for Iowa so that he draws away from Cruz and a little from Trump.
He will do well, in Iowa - probably won't win, what do they care. They will go back to ignoring him.

But, by drawing support away from Cruz/Trump, the establishment will then suggest "cruz" and "trump" are failing... and thus start pumping Rubio and Jeb for New Hampshire.....

It is a Pump and Dump, but not in the traditional way.. Pump Rand, then that will be the impetus to Dump Trump and Cruz..... leading the way for Rubio/Jeb and maybe that imbecile Kasich.

Only they'll still have to contend with Trump's 20 pt leads in NH and SC, his wallet, and most of all the anti-establishment vote that still doesn't want the likes of Jeb or Rubio. A likely scenario is that Rand finishes high enough in IA, such as second behind Trump, to damage Cruz (placing an embarrassing third), Rubio (fourth or lower), and Bush (fifth or lower). With Trump strengthened by the victory, and Rand becoming the anti-Trump from the outset, the insiders will be out of position to build up delegates in the early contests.

Foreigner
01-30-2016, 05:54 AM
I'd say that a few positive mentions after being the person that most people put in their two best performers for the debate doesn't constitute "pumping someone up". Major networks covering his campaign-stops and having multiple roundtable discussions about him would be "pumping him up".