PDA

View Full Version : What Rand Paul should say at the debates concerning Donald Trump

dude58677
01-27-2016, 07:27 PM
"Everyone should talk about the issues and just FUCKING ignore him! The media should forget about FUCKING ratings. I sick of this shit!"

01-27-2016, 07:28 PM
+rep

Indy Vidual
01-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Donald who?

01-27-2016, 07:31 PM
I think Rand should haul in a pumpkin with golden hair, set it on the center podium, and then proceed to smash it Gallagher style.

CPUd
01-27-2016, 07:39 PM
I'm hoping Fox gets this Trump shit out of their system today and black him out from tomorrow until Feb 1. They sorta did after the first debate for like a day or 2.

dude58677
01-27-2016, 07:42 PM
Moderator: Rand, why do you say fuck alot?

Rand: You can say fuck as in anger "Fuck you". You can say fuck as in surprised" Well I'll be fucked". You can say fuck as in not interested" Well fuck that". I don't think there is any more expressive word in the English language.

Southron
01-27-2016, 07:45 PM
I think he ought to make a joke of it and say something to the effect of "it worked for me".

ds21089
01-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Moderator: Rand, why do you say fuck alot?

Rand: You can say fuck as in anger "Fuck you". You can say fuck as in surprised" Well I'll be fucked". You can say fuck as in not interested" Well fuck that". I don't think there is any more expressive word in the English language.

http://i.imgur.com/bpW6Xkd.gif

satchelmcqueen
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
if asked paul should say "i challenge the donald to a debate one on one this saturday, i i PROMISE i wont invite megan kelly." i tweeted this to him lol

euphemia
01-27-2016, 09:34 PM
I have been commenting on every debate article I can find on FoxNews, using the most polite, pithy language I can muster. If Fox is smart, and they want to wash Trump right out of their hair, the way to do that is not to talk about him. Just stop.

Dianne
01-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Rand should keep his mouth shut about Trump. He already screwed himself over and over again by attacking Trump trying to become a GOP favorite (bad advice), as he did supporting Mitch McConnell, trying to be a GOP ball player (bad advice). If anything, he should attack Bush and Rubio.

dancjm
01-28-2016, 07:06 AM
Attacks are all well and good and maybe neccessary.

But I really like the fact that Rand continues to stay on point, and continues to stay true to the message. It can seem frustrating with all the stuff they try to pull, but in the end, I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes from Ron Paul.

"Speak up, speak often and don't worry about those that at this point cannot understand, as they can never un-hear what we tell them."

LawnWake
01-28-2016, 07:15 AM
He shouldn't mention him. Just ignore him. But when asked:

"I'm here to talk about fixing our country, not to advertise for or gossip about a reality TV star. First queston please"

There's no point in entertaining Trump's legitemacy.

CaptUSA
01-28-2016, 07:16 AM
"We are all conservatives in this room. Let's not allow the mainstream media to put a liberal at the top of BOTH tickets! Do you think now we can maybe discuss real conservative principles and policy issues?"

This works on many levels. Saying "we" brings people into the fold. Calling Trump a liberal will make it seem (to the low-info voter) that he's only afraid of FoxNews. Returning it to policy quickly shows that he wants to move beyond the distraction. Using the word, "conservative" is a Frank Luntz winner. Asking the moderators the question at the end makes it clear that they're not dealing in substance.

Foreigner
01-28-2016, 08:09 AM
He should say:

"I agree with Mr. Trump's supporters... It's not the same without him. I too have decided to boycott... watching The Apprentice. Thankfully he will be back there next season"

Then from there on refuse to either say his name, or to respond to a question about him.

dancjm
01-28-2016, 08:18 AM
"I'm just glad that we can now move away from focusing on personalities and start focusing on policies, here are mine."

SilentBull
01-28-2016, 08:38 AM
If Cruz talks about Trump not being a conservative, I hope Rand says: "I'm glad Cruz and I agree that Trump isn't a conservative, but I guess my question to Cruz is, why have you been kissing Trump's ass this whole time? I mean you even called him 'terrific' didn't you?"

adam220891
01-28-2016, 11:29 AM
I would not say anything regarding him.

Semi related but Cruz campaign manager was just on CNN questioning Trump's conservative credentials. Rand been saying this for half a year. Smh

gee_blee
01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
...at tonight's debate, instead of insulting Trump with surface-level stuff:

"I understand Trump's appeal. People are angry in general with politicians, and specifically with open borders and crony capitalism. He's tapped into that anger.

I get it. In fact, I agree with much of his message. I'm angry too.

I was angry five years ago when I decided, as an eye doctor in Kentucky who had never run for political office in my life, never worked in government, to run for the Senate. I decided to fight the establishment and stand up for the people. The establishment fought like crazy to keep me from the Senate, and they've been trying to silence me every day for the past five years. Why do you think they prevented me from the debate two weeks ago?

So I'm an outsider, too. Just like Trump. And I'm angry too, just like you. Angry with big government, high taxes, crazy regulations, dangerous debt and crony capitalism.

But being angry isn't enough, and Trump isn't the answer. He supported the bank bailout, did you? He supports a 'yuge' government role in health care, do you? Eminent domain to benefit corporations? The Obama stimulus? And Trump *is* crony capitalism.

Instead, stand with me. *Fight* with me."

Isaac Bickerstaff
01-28-2016, 11:34 AM
If asked directly, he should answer about Cruz. If guided back to Trump by the moderator, he should answer about Rubio, etc. Make the subtle suggestion that he IS talking about Trump by talking about the other jackasses since there really is not that much of a difference in policy.

01-28-2016, 11:36 AM
He should call Trump a fucking asshole on live TV. Nothing to lose at this point anyway.

derek4ever
01-28-2016, 11:38 AM
If asked directly, he should answer about Cruz. If guided back to Trump by the moderator, he should answer about Rubio, etc. Make the subtle suggestion that he IS talking about Trump by talking about the other jackasses since there really is not that much of a difference in policy.

THIS!! And hog the debate time! :)

CPUd
01-28-2016, 11:41 AM
He should call Trump a fucking asshole on live TV. Nothing to lose at this point anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/LhASiiD.gif

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2016, 11:42 AM
...at tonight's debate, instead of insulting Trump with surface-level stuff:

"I understand Trump's appeal. People are angry in general with politicians, and specifically with open borders and crony capitalism. He's tapped into that anger.

I get it. In fact, I agree with much of his message. I'm angry too.

I was angry five years ago when I decided, as an eye doctor in Kentucky who had never run for political office in my life, never worked in government, to run for the Senate. I decided to fight the establishment and stand up for the people. The establishment fought like crazy to keep me from the Senate, and they've been trying to silence me every day for the past five years. Why do you think they prevented me from the debate two weeks ago?

So I'm an outsider, too. Just like Trump. And I'm angry too, just like you. Angry with big government, high taxes, crazy regulations, dangerous debt and crony capitalism.

But being angry isn't enough, and Trump isn't the answer. He supported the bank bailout, did you? He supports a 'yuge' government role in health care, do you? Eminent domain to benefit corporations? The Obama stimulus? And Trump *is* crony capitalism.

Instead, stand with me. *Fight* with me."

Agree. Go after Trump supporters.

Valli6
01-28-2016, 12:38 PM
One thing Rand should NOT do, is pretend that he believes Fox is totally fair and unbiased!
I hope he keeps his words neutral in that regarde.

I am now seeing spin, that candidates attending the debate are pro-Fox news, and beholden to Fox news.

(By the way, I saw a headline saying that Fiorina is also asking Trump for a one on one debate. :rolleyes: )

ds21089
01-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Agree. Go after Trump supporters.

Pretty sure most are boycotting tonight's debate, but it certainly doesn't hurt to say that.

Cabal
01-28-2016, 01:29 PM
"Everyone should talk about the issues and just FUCKING ignore him! The media should forget about FUCKING ratings. I sick of this shit!"

What a terrible idea you've discovered. Thanks for sharing?

GunnyFreedom
01-28-2016, 02:00 PM
I think Rand should haul in a pumpkin with golden hair, set it on the center podium, and then proceed to smash it Gallagher style.

Hey F, can I call you "F?"

That right there is funny. :)

RonPaulMall
01-28-2016, 03:09 PM
"We are all conservatives in this room. Let's not allow the mainstream media to put a liberal at the top of BOTH tickets! Do you think now we can maybe discuss real conservative principles and policy issues?"

This works on many levels. Saying "we" brings people into the fold. Calling Trump a liberal will make it seem (to the low-info voter) that he's only afraid of FoxNews. Returning it to policy quickly shows that he wants to move beyond the distraction. Using the word, "conservative" is a Frank Luntz winner. Asking the moderators the question at the end makes it clear that they're not dealing in substance.

Horrible advice. Trump is dominating the polls precisely because voters do NOT think that the bulk of the people on that stage are "conservatives". Any use of the term "we" that puts Rand in the same boat as Jeb, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich is just making matters worse. Rand needs to shut the hell about Trump and focus on his own brand.

Voters are looking for an anti-Establishment Conservative. Voters currently do not view Rand as an anti-Establishment Conservative. Everything Rand does in the debate needs to be designed to change that perception.

hells_unicorn
01-28-2016, 03:11 PM
Horrible advice. Trump is dominating the polls precisely because voters do NOT think that the bulk of the people on that stage are "conservatives". Any use of the term "we" that puts Rand in the same boat as Jeb, Rubio, Christie, and Kasich is just making matters worse. Rand needs to shut the hell about Trump and focus on his own brand.

Voters are looking for an anti-Establishment Conservative. Voters currently do not view Rand as an anti-Establishment Conservative. Everything Rand does in the debate needs to be designed to change that perception.

Trump isn't a conservative by either establishment or so-called anti-establishment standards, so this is all pretty much a moot point. I would agree with you that Rand shouldn't be associating himself with moderate-leaning liberals like Bush, Kasich, Christie and Rubio, definitely not a good idea.

The Gold Standard
01-28-2016, 03:12 PM

Or just point out how Trump is as "establishment" as any of the others. I know that would hurt your boy, but that's tough shit.

georgiaboy
01-28-2016, 03:29 PM
he should clear up this whole "Rand is in the debate because Trump left a spot open" crapola.

Maltheus
01-28-2016, 03:30 PM
He's not going to win over many (if any) Trump supporters by attacking their god. Nor will the establishment see the light and flock to him. He needs to make one last plea for the Constitutional conservatives to rally around him. He needs to demonstrate that he has the best track record, in the defense of the Constitution. And he needs to have fun a little bit. He's too dour to appeal to most mainstream Americans.

derek4ever
01-28-2016, 03:54 PM
He's not going to win over many (if any) Trump supporters by attacking their god. Nor will the establishment see the light and flock to him. He needs to make one last plea for the Constitutional conservatives to rally around him. He needs to demonstrate that he has the best track record, in the defense of the Constitution. And he needs to have fun a little bit. He's too dour to appeal to most mainstream Americans.

Agreed! If he should mention trump, he should say he did a great thing with the vets event and then give reasons why they should vote for rand! Could be a win win! ;)

ARealConservative
01-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Rand should keep his mouth shut about Trump. He already screwed himself over and over again by attacking Trump trying to become a GOP favorite (bad advice), as he did supporting Mitch McConnell, trying to be a GOP ball player (bad advice). If anything, he should attack Bush and Rubio.

you are a trump supporter

r3volution 3.0
01-28-2016, 05:02 PM

Pointing out his own positions isn't enough, he has to contrast himself with the others, including Trump.

Otherwise people think:

"Well that Rand guy has good ideas, but Trump has similar ideas [people project their own beliefs onto their candidate w/out any research], but he's tougher..."

He shouldn't bring up Trump out of the blue, but if asked, he should mercilessly slaughter him on the issues.

If he points out, for instance, that Trump supported the bank bailouts, matter-of-fact-like, I don't see how there could be a backlash.

....same with socialized medicine, the Obama stimulus, eminent domain, partial birth abortion, etc.

nikcers
01-28-2016, 05:14 PM
He should say what he's been saying, he is a shill for Clinton ect ect. but end it with if he we nominate him he will make sure that justice will be served for lawbreakers like Clinton, no one will be above the law.

CPUd
01-28-2016, 05:20 PM
It will likely be a Trump-free zone tonight, unless the panel brings him up. In that case, everyone should just strongly imply he has dropped out, then pivot to their own talking points. There's probably a good 10% or so who will think he dropped out anyway, just from not seeing him on the stage.

mello
01-28-2016, 07:02 PM
Just started watching a little bit of the undercard debate.
I have no idea who that guy on the far right side of the stage is.

01-28-2016, 07:03 PM
Just started watching a little bit of the undercard debate.
I have no idea who that guy on the far right side of the stage is.
That's Gim Jilmore.

derek4ever
01-28-2016, 07:14 PM
It will likely be a Trump-free zone tonight, unless the panel brings him up. In that case, everyone should just strongly imply he has dropped out, then pivot to their own talking points. There's probably a good 10% or so who will think he dropped out anyway, just from not seeing him on the stage.

Hope you're right! And that 10% can propel Rand to an excellent performance on Monday!! :cool:

Theocrat
01-28-2016, 07:27 PM
"I'm glad that Donald Trump is not in this debate tonight. He's not a true conservative, and his answers are filled with empty rhetoric, which shows his lack of intelligence about issues that are important to Americans, like our increasing debt which is bankrupting our next generation as well as our foreign interventions that make ISIS more powerful.

"In all honesty, Trump's absence is the best move that his campaign has made yet because it allows real substance to be debated tonight without listening to his narcissism and ignorance in front of millions of voters. I'm the only candidate on stage who has proven by his voting record to be truly conservative, especially on fiscal issues. That's what we need to talk about tonight. We care about Iowans being here, not about why Trump isn't here."

Thor
01-28-2016, 07:47 PM
"It is a little colder in here tonight than I remember. I think that is because there is a lot less hot air filling the room."