PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Attack Ad

jasonoliver
12-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Ron Paul needs to take off the gloves.

I am sure you all have seen the old videos of Ron Paul from the 70's and 80's and I am sure you have noticed that his message is exactly the same (almost word for word).

Remember the Thompson flip-flop video of Huckabee & Romney?

Ron Paul needs a ad that showcases video recorded flip flops by Romney, Giuliani, Thompson, McCain, and Huckabee.........then show old RP clips and his current talking points.

rfbz
12-07-2007, 06:40 AM
I used to think the same, like he was being too weak and not attacking the other candidates enough - because that's what seems to make news, the bickering back and fourth. But it seems pretty apparent after seeing Ron Paul consistently not take the bait when opportunities to attack arise, that he's just not that type of person and it's not the type of image he's going to portray. I'm starting to think being above all the smear tactic stuff is probably the best way to be.

EvilEngineer
12-07-2007, 06:43 AM
Dr. Paul should keep doing what he is doing. If the gloves need to come off, that is our job to do. We are the attack hounds. I'd rather Dr. Paul stays in a position to deny any involvement with attack ads and the like. He is too pure and too kind to engage in that sort of rhetoric anyway.

jasonoliver
12-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Dr. Paul should keep doing what he is doing. If the gloves need to come off, that is our job to do. We are the attack hounds. I'd rather Dr. Paul stays in a position to deny any involvement with attack ads and the like. He is too pure and too kind to engage in that sort of rhetoric anyway.

So Ron Paul should speak softly, while we clobber them with the big stick? HEHE

FreeTraveler
12-07-2007, 06:50 AM

+1000

Bigboyen
12-07-2007, 06:58 AM
No - most people don't know Paul. He should use his money on getting name recognition - and don't think much about the other candidates.

And I'm sure we will see the other candidates start throwing mud at each other. So let's be the good guy for now.

rpfreedom08
12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
I used to think the same, like he was being too weak and not attacking the other candidates enough - because that's what seems to make news, the bickering back and fourth. But it seems pretty apparent after seeing Ron Paul consistently not take the bait when opportunities to attack arise, that he's just not that type of person and it's not the type of image he's going to portray. I'm starting to think being above all the smear tactic stuff is probably the best way to be.

^^^ agreed. After seeing what he said about mitt, faith, and record he looks like a god amungst men. That is a true American.

FreeTraveler
12-07-2007, 07:08 AM
When the candidate starts attacking, he opens himself up for attacks. Even though we know the good doctor is clean, no reason for HIM to open that door. They already hate his supporters, we can do the dirty work for him. (just be careful not to link those efforts directly to his support) :D

kutibah
12-07-2007, 07:29 AM
"If it's not broken don't fix it" :)

rpfreedom08
12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
"If it's not broken don't fix it" :)

haha nice!

AlexMerced
12-07-2007, 08:00 AM
yeah he get's less attention, it's the right attention, whene veryone else destrorys each other, he'll be the last left standing

LynnB
12-07-2007, 08:28 AM
You can't be in DC that long and not be aware of the repercussions of negativity on a campaign...We just need to get the msg out that he's never waffled on the issues, and he will be just as unwavering when people find out all the flip-flops and skeletons that the other candy asses have in their closets.