PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher has seen the light

dagnytaggart
05-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Anyone else watching "Realtime" tonight on HBO?
Bill Maher, who we recall had Ron Paul on his show in March and asked him inane questions about the Civil War and said RP was "out there", has had an epiphany.
He proclaimed on his show tonight: "Ron Paul is my new hero!"
He has now decided that Ron is the only candidate who speaks the truth (of course, adding that it is because he has no chance of winning :mad: ) and wants him back on his show.

I'm thrilled that Ron has been vindicated, but since my respect for Maher completely flew out the window after Dr. Paul's last appearance on Realtime, I have mixed feelings about him returning to the show.

Thoughts?

cujothekitten
05-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Bill Maher, who we recall had Ron Paul on his show in March and asked him inane questions about the Civil War and said RP was "out there", has had an epiphany.
He has now decided that Ron is the only candidate who speaks the truth (of course, adding that it is because he has no chance of winning :mad: ) and wants him back on his show.

I'm thrilled that Ron has been vindicated, but since my respect for Maher completely flew out the window after Dr. Paul's last appearance on Realtime, I have mixed feelings about him returning to the show.

Thoughts?

Yes! It was awesome :D

I don't think he'll be asking any more questions about the civil war so I say Ron goes for it.

MsDoodahs
05-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Didn't see either of those.

How does that quote go?

First they ignore you.

Then they laugh at you.

Then they fight you.

Then you win.

:)

JoshLowry
05-18-2007, 10:25 PM
We need a youtube link!

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 10:42 PM
great publicity for liberty.

but as for my thoughts on bill maher...

he's often disrespectful, often rude, but is talented and quite a quick individual

Captain Shays
05-19-2007, 04:51 AM
I forget who said it but someone was running for office and his contraversial friend told him;
"I can support you, or oppose you, whatever you think is best"

We RP supporters don't need to be so hungry for votes or support that we scrape the bottom of the tank. Rosie O-Donnell last week while supporting what RP said in the debate against Rude Rudy then said that we are the terrorists.

I ain't no neocon, but I can tell you right now alaigning with people who call the USA a bunch of terrorists won't get us or RP far in into the race.

People are funny though. Bill M is a hard core athiest and anti christian. While we should be courting the more rational thinking Christians to vote for RP we don't want to alienate them.
But since people are funny, if Charles Mansion comes out strongly against child molesters, there are some people who would say they are for child molesters just so they won't be on the same "team" as Mansion if you know what I mean.
Labeling in our society really confuses people. Libertarians are not all pro abortion. Democrats are not all pro-environment. Liberals are not pro-choice especially relative to being pro-choice to say what you want even if its offensive, or for adults smoking pot or driving without your seatbelt. Pro-lifers are not pro-life when it comes to bombing the crap out of little girls in foreign countries to save their country, or for toxins spilled into our air and water that might cause birth defcts, cancer and miscarriages.

The hope here is that by giving Ron Paul the loud voice of HBO on the Bill Mahr show, he will speek truth to power in his own words and might just break through all the lies and propaganda perpetuated through the divide and conquer of labeling.

joshdvm
05-19-2007, 06:16 AM
"I'm thrilled that Ron has been vindicated, but since my respect for Maher completely flew out the window after Dr. Paul's last appearance on Realtime, I have mixed feelings about him returning to the show."

I agree. My take is, if Maher owns up to his mistake, and dares not act like he wasn't ungracious or that he recognized Paul's position all along, he'll be in my good graces. (Like Maher could give a rat's *ss, anyway. :) )

jon_perez
05-19-2007, 06:17 AM

Thoughts?Even during the first interview, I never felt that Bill Maher was being derogatory on Ron Paul.

I believe if people could read between the lines they'd have realized that Bill Maher understood Ron's arguments and he was just goofing off with his reactions, trying to be entertaining.

jon_perez
05-19-2007, 06:25 AM
... and of course Bill Maher's questions about the civil war were actually very very important and revealing. They showed just how deeply principled Ron Paul was that he could unblinkingly take the incredibly controversial stance that the Civil War should not have been fought.

When I heard Ron Paul's explanation of why he held that stance, it just blew me away and it further bolstered my belief in how astute, original and far-sighted a thinker he is!! I have had some very minor reservations about Paul before this, but by this time, I was truly bowled over with how remarkable a candidate he was.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Much like Imus, Stewart, and Colbert, Maher is an entertainer that cleverly mixes his personal beliefs into his show and attracts guests with interesting views that keep the viewers coming back, especially those that otherwise might not be interested in current events or be turned off by the staid MSM.

orenbus
05-19-2007, 08:42 AM
here's a link to the parts in the show where ron paul is mentioned;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OeeevXtlDY