PDA

View Full Version : Romney alienates 17% of Americans with Speech

jasonoliver
12-07-2007, 05:48 AM
According to the AP/Ipsos poll on Dec 6, 2007, this is how America lines up.....

Protestant 47
Catholic 25
Mormon 2
Jewish 1
Muslim 1
Some other religion 4
None 17
(DK/NS) 3

Romney says "Freedom requires faith". He just gave the middle finger to 1/5 of the US population without religion.

rodent
12-07-2007, 05:52 AM
According to the AP/Ipsos poll on Dec 6, 2007, this is how America lines up.....

Protestant 47
Catholic 25
Mormon 2
Jewish 1
Muslim 1
Some other religion 4
None 17
(DK/NS) 3

Romney says "Freedom requires faith". He just gave the middle finger to 1/5 of the US population without religion.

It's more than 17%. Some of us are tired of Christian tyranny in local and national politics.

Don't get offended Christians. You know who I am talking about -- that scared hypocritical Christian who doesn't live by the Lord's word but believes everyone without the Lord's word is automatically out there doing deeds for the devil. We're talking about that guy (who's probably divorced and cheated on his wife) who believes the law is the only way to enforce morality.

There's only so much one can take being told they won't be saved by a "loving God" if they don't subscribe -- yeah, and I won't get great discounts if I don't sign up for a Ralph's Club Card. Get over it.

noztnac
12-07-2007, 06:15 AM
I am a Christian and I was extremely put off by a politician trying to use religion to further his political career. I find it an insult to our political establishment and an insult to Romney's purported faith.

entropy
12-07-2007, 07:34 AM
I am a Christian and the religious right movement makes me sick.

kry0nik
12-07-2007, 09:49 AM

Any religious push whether it be for Christianity, collective humanism, or push to have none bothers me.

Look at how athiests and religious founding fathers used to handle that situation. Quite honestly there used to be a lot more mutual charity between those who had a faith and those who chose not to. It would be nice to get back to allowing traditional nativity scenes on public grounds, without the obligatory athiest frivolous lawsuit, and the conservatives feeling the need to add God everywhere. There is a balance and we have sadly lost our common sense.

Our constitution begins with the rights enumerated by our creator. We would NEVER get that kind of language accepted today because God forbid, your creator and mine might not be the same.

Badger Paul
12-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Romney wants things both ways. He wants to show he's a person of faith but he wants no one to question what that faith is or how it will impact his decision. Would he feel the same way if a Muslim or a securalist were a front runner? Of course not.

At least Kennedy answered questions by Baptist ministers in Houston. Romney gives his standard stump speech and people thinks he's solved the "religious question."

allyinoh
12-07-2007, 09:56 AM

Me too, however the people who are trying to shut out Christianity bother me as well.

Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas? No nativity scenes? No Christmas parties?

It's bullshit.

goronpaul1
12-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I don't think Romney has a chance, his poll numbers will continue to drop as we near the caucuses.