PDA

View Full Version : To Help Afghanistan, U.S. Blows Millions on Rare Blond Italian Goats That May Have Been Eaten

Suzanimal
01-21-2016, 10:45 PM
I get it guys, that’s a weird headline, but every word of it is absolutely true. Let me explain.

As part of the expansive reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan, the United States has blown spent a ton of money, by some estimates as much as 725 billion dollars all things considered in the region. However, today the BBC is reporting on a truly strange endeavor, paid for by the United States, in the hopes of expanding and growing the local cashmere industry.

$4.2 million was spent to import a rare breed of blond Italian goats to the region, largely in the hopes of stimulating local job growth. The only problem?

According to Special Inspector General for Afghan Reconstruction John Sopko, the goats may have been eaten.

Listen, don’t ever let the government in this country tell you that your tax dollars aren’t hard at work. According to the BBC:

Mr. Sopko had “not been able to find credible evidence showing [the task force’s] activities in Afghanistan produced the intended economic growth or stabilization outcomes that justified its creation… On the contrary, [its] legacy in Afghanistan is marred by unfinished, poorly planned, and ill-conceived projects.”

The idea in question — the one about the tasty blond goats from Italy — was part of the Task Force for Business and Stability Operations for the region. Projects designed to increase local infrastructure in Afghanistan totaled $800 million, but reports of negligence, mismanagement, and poor execution has deemed much of that money a waste.

Will Sopko be forced to testify for eleven hours on national television about the whereabouts of the protein-rich blond goats from Italy? Unlikely. But, we will update this article with the latest developments out of the GoatGhazi scandal nonetheless.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/to-help-afghanistan-u-s-blows-millions-on-rare-blond-italian-goats-that-may-have-been-eaten/

VIDEODROME
01-21-2016, 10:47 PM
And these same people call Snowden a traitor.

bunklocoempire
01-22-2016, 02:34 AM
"To Help Afghanistan" lol

Ron Paul: "On foreign aid, that should be the easiest thing to cut. It's not authorized in the Constitution that we can take money from you and give it to particular countries around the world. To me, foreign aid is taking money from poor people in this country and giving it to rich people in poor countries."

idiom
01-22-2016, 03:53 AM
Nothing against blowing blond Italians...

*reads headline again*

luctor-et-emergo
01-22-2016, 05:07 AM
"To Help Afghanistan, U.S. Blows Millions of Rare Blond Italian Goats That May Have Been Eaten."

I read that and thought... Oh well, that doesn't amaze me either. :rolleyes:

RJB
01-22-2016, 06:37 AM
I heard that Afghans preferred blonds even if they are goats.

Henry Rogue
01-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Central planners gonna plan. ��

kpitcher
01-23-2016, 12:41 AM
The moral of the story is to get into the blonde goat raising business?