PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron go Primetime?

ronpaulyourmom
12-07-2007, 05:13 AM
1. A thirty second spot on primetime network television costs about $250-300k
2. Ron Paul could purchase an 8 minute slice for approximately $4-5 million.
3. There's a writers strike, so one of the networks might actually go for this.
4. It would generate its own headlines, much like how Romney's speech did today.
5. In the age of Tivo, we'd reach that many more people if there was a lot of press beforehand.
6. We'd probably be able to get back a million in fresh donations in the days that followed.

I feel this would need to be done before Iowa... say between Christmas and New Years... that would be tough to pull off I know...

Thoughts?

rfbz
12-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Maybe he should first try a stunt like Romney did? Issue a press release that he'll be giving a major speech in 5 days. make it a big event and let all the press know about it.

Going on the Glenn Beck show for 2 hours would be nice too.

newbitech
12-07-2007, 05:22 AM
Romney didn't pay for his spot with donations from average everyday citizens like you and I, if he paid at all. I voted no because 4-5 million is a ridiculous amount of money for something that people probably would switch off.

Super Bowl ad, maybe worth it because by then we will know if he has the support he needs to win the Repub nomination.

DarkLaw
12-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Yup. Just go on Glenn Beck and let him pick up the tab.

I'm confident that ROn Paul can outwit and out-think Mr. Beck
and get some solid information to the masses.

For FREE.

rodent
12-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Maybe he should first try a stunt like Romney did? Issue a press release that he'll be giving a major speech in 5 days. make it a big event and let all the press know about it.

I think this idea would fail. I really think the media would cover something like Natalee Holloway or some obscure gay rights rally and totally ignore RP's speech instead.

The revolution generally will not be televised.

saahmed
12-07-2007, 05:32 AM
He does not need to spend money on nationwide commercials at this point. He is not airing enough TV ads in Iowa. I'm in Eastern Iowa and I have seen more Huckabee and Tancredo ads than Paul ads. Huckabee is getting a ton in now, I have seen Tancredo's ridiculous ad (which will, if anything, lose him votes IMO) twice. And I only caught the end of one Paul ad. Romney is flooding TV here. On the radio, its once again all Romney. Some Giuliani and Thompson. Paul has a fair amount of radio time, but I think he should bump it up.

rfbz
12-07-2007, 05:34 AM
I think this idea would fail. I really think the media would cover something like Natalee Holloway or some obscure gay rights rally and totally ignore RP's speech instead.

The revolution generally will not be televised.

possibly..still think it's worth a try though. At the very least it would be filmed and youtubed, but I think at least some media would be interested in it if given enough notice

jrich4rpaul
12-07-2007, 05:50 AM
I'd say go on Beck for free before paying 4 mil for 8 minutes.

JustAnotherV
12-07-2007, 07:06 AM
He needs to just go for half-hours in the key states. It would cost less money for more time and get more traction in early states which would translate to better media feedback, etc. This is especially true if he can break past 10% in NH, SC, NV, or Iowa.

5 million is too much money for this, and it is more of a general election strategy. He needs to do a few things to make news. There was a chance or two before that were botched, but the 16th is another chance to get headlines again, and I hope the campaign can capitalize on that and anything else that comes up, including potential sparks from these upcoming debates this next week.

troyd1
12-07-2007, 07:44 AM

He should anounce the he will be giving a detailed speech on his views the night of the tea party or the next day after the millions just rolled in when the media is at it's most intereted.

CelestialRender
12-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Not until he's gone on Glenn Beck for free.

rightobeleftalone
12-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Is there any reason he is avoiding the free air time offered by glenn beck?