PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul call from home troubleshooting

jmdrake
01-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Okay. So I watched the video and tried to sign in last night. (I know. I'm a procrastinator. I suck. But if you haven't tried to sign in yet you suck worse.) Following the link in the email for "change your password" (that's the only link that was in there) I kept getting a server error. I emailed the helpdesk but I haven't gotten a response back. So I tried to fix the problem myself. (I am a computer guy first and foremost afterall). I just went to the root URL and bam! I'm in! It's starting off as a super busy day so I haven't made any actual calls yet. I'll log the calls I make here at RPF. Maybe we can do a contest or something? I just want to let anyone else know who might be having trouble signing in that the site does Just go to the root URL. I don't care about changing my password from the random one they set up. I'm only going to be using this for little over a week now anyways.

Lastly, if you aren't making phone calls or doing something to actually help the campaign, then what are you waiting for? I here this crap talk about "Rand should be Donald Trump's running mate cause he can't win." Screw that to hell! Instead of pontificating on what Rand should do if he can't win, why don't you do your part so that he can win? The campaign says they can win Iowa if they get less than 500,000 more phone calls made. So....lets make the calls. If we make the calls and Rand still has a poor showing then pontificate, naysay, do whatever you want to do. I don't care. Through the years I have seen Ron Paul supporters show up by the hundreds or even the thousands to attend rallies, sign wave, march through downtown on New Years Eve (December 31, 2007 in Nashville TN we were a site to behold, rivaling the crowds from the Music City Bowl) and do all sorts of "fun things." But ask those same people to show up to door knock, phone bank or collect signatures for ballot access? You know, actual campaigning? The numbers dropped to dozens (and I'm being generous here.) That was true in 2007/8 and 2011/2. So who's ready to do some actual real work this time?

Brett85
01-21-2016, 08:33 AM
"Let it not be said we did nothing"

Ron Paul

FriedChicken
01-21-2016, 09:10 AM
Awesome! It is really difficult for me to make calls but if you guys start getting me all motivated with threads like these I might have to sign in tomorrow and help out!

If you make calls report back here and tell us!

erowe1
01-21-2016, 09:14 AM
I do want to do this. Right now I hardly have a voice though because of this cough I've had for a month now.

limequat
01-21-2016, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the motiviation JMdrake. I did calls for Ron, but have been putting it off for Rand.

Now I feel Iowa is in reach and we can make it happen. I just signed up and awaiting the next step.

To everybody else who hasn't signed up, go sign up. It takes 2 seconds. You can't make calls without signing up. But you can always not make calls after signing up.

65fastback2+2
01-21-2016, 09:35 AM
I forget, wheres the link to sign up and the instructions?

FriedChicken
01-21-2016, 09:43 AM
I do want to do this. Right now I hardly have a voice though because of this cough I've had for a month now.

This is a great remedy for lost voices:
1 lemon wedge or table spoon of lemon juice.
1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar.
1 Mug of boiled water.
1 table spoon of honey.
A dash of cayenne pepper.

Stir till honey dissolves and drink while hot.

I'm a DJ on the weekends and I use this anytime my voice is rough.
A fellow DJ lost his voice for a week and had it back the next day with this remedy.

It's good stuff!

Kotin
01-21-2016, 10:00 AM
BUMP !!!!!

Thanks JM!!!

jmdrake
01-21-2016, 10:54 AM
I forget, wheres the link to sign up and the instructions?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?488508-URGENT-Campaign-Message-March-to-a-Million-Iowa-Calls!-This-is-How-we-Win!

laurak
01-21-2016, 11:02 AM
Okay. So I watched the video and tried to sign in last night. (I know. I'm a procrastinator. I suck. But if you haven't tried to sign in yet you suck worse.) Following the link in the email for "change your password" (that's the only link that was in there) I kept getting a server error. I emailed the helpdesk but I haven't gotten a response back. So I tried to fix the problem myself. (I am a computer guy first and foremost afterall). I just went to the root URL and bam! I'm in! It's starting off as a super busy day so I haven't made any actual calls yet. I'll log the calls I make here at RPF. Maybe we can do a contest or something? I just want to let anyone else know who might be having trouble signing in that the site does Just go to the root URL. I don't care about changing my password from the random one they set up. I'm only going to be using this for little over a week now anyways.

Lastly, if you aren't making phone calls or doing something to actually help the campaign, then what are you waiting for? I here this crap talk about "Rand should be Donald Trump's running mate cause he can't win." Screw that to hell! Instead of pontificating on what Rand should do if he can't win, why don't you do your part so that he can win? The campaign says they can win Iowa if they get less than 500,000 more phone calls made. So....lets make the calls. If we make the calls and Rand still has a poor showing then pontificate, naysay, do whatever you want to do. I don't care. Through the years I have seen Ron Paul supporters show up by the hundreds or even the thousands to attend rallies, sign wave, march through downtown on New Years Eve (December 31, 2007 in Nashville TN we were a site to behold, rivaling the crowds from the Music City Bowl) and do all sorts of "fun things." But ask those same people to show up to door knock, phone bank or collect signatures for ballot access? You know, actual campaigning? The numbers dropped to dozens (and I'm being generous here.) That was true in 2007/8 and 2011/2. So who's ready to do some actual real work this time?

Signed up, waiting for the credentials...

squirl22
01-21-2016, 11:15 AM
I am phone calling. I registered through the link posted here and emailed Justin in Iowa. He immediately responded and I watched the training video. The training video made it sound like you had to use a cellphone or your computer to call; I live in mountains and reliable signal is through landline. I emailed Justin and he assured me I could use landline, which I am doing.

I still get a lot of answering machines and hang ups. But more people are starting to respond. The survey does not entail trying to convince anyone of anything; it is designed to locate supporters or potential supporters, ie, undecided, favorable opinion of Rand, attending or maybe attending caucuses. I have had some not so nice people; you don't have to listen to them, just click refused call or do not call to shut it down. I am finding that you can almost tell right away who will answer the survey...hate to say it as I am older, but the 40'ish and under crowd are more eager to respond and have favorable opinions of Rand.

Once you start calling it kind of rolls and is somewhat addictive. So, go to it; still lots of undecided, but it is starting to move...we need you help!