PDA

View Full Version : DHS: Illegal ‘Overstay’ Visitors on Visas are 'LOST' & will 'Almost Never' be Deported

goldenequity
01-21-2016, 04:25 AM
DHS squirms under questioning: Only 3,000 'investigated' of a current 6 Million. (a half percent :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLTqHV15wNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geEXm3h80Jk&feature=youtu.be

Origanalist
01-21-2016, 04:45 AM
This whole immigration thing is a joke. The government orchestrated the whole invasion, anyone past the age of 40 or 45 is lying if they say they didn't see it happen.

puppetmaster
01-21-2016, 05:33 AM
This whole immigration thing is a joke. The government orchestrated the whole invasion, anyone past the age of 40 or 45 is lying if they say they didn't see it happen. yes it is a plan, a very bad plan.

timosman
01-21-2016, 05:34 AM
This whole immigration thing is a joke. The government orchestrated the whole invasion, anyone past the age of 40 or 45 is lying if they say they didn't see it happen.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_lgGVzaWBpM/U1fNU52b3fI/AAAAAAAAEkY/OLwgMO-0-i8/s1600/Star_Wars_Capitol_Hill_Washington_DC_You_will_neve r_find_a_more_wretched_hive_of_scum_and_villany_me me.jpg

asurfaholic
01-21-2016, 05:59 AM
Here's my big problem. I don't mind those who came here on work visas then never left. My company has hired a couple of them. They are great workers and contribute to society. They don't leech off of others and are a shining example of a community that helps each other out willingly. Most are better examples of human beings than large swaths of Americans.

But like them or not, they came here and settled. Many had families and have grown roots. So here's the deal. I have a helper who did just that, he came for work, had kids while here and now they are in school. If we are not going to seriously talk about kicking them out of the country, why can my helper not get a legal drivers license? That is the one and only thing he is lacking. You are telling me that he can put his kids in school, he pays his taxes, he follows all the rules, has insurance on his cars, pays for his trailer. And he can't have a license because he over stayed his visa? It's hypocritical and sad. It makes Americans look really stupid. what gives?

Weston White
01-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Here's my big problem. I don't mind those who came here on work visas then never left. My company has hired a couple of them. They are great workers and contribute to society. They don't leech off of others and are a shining example of a community that helps each other out willingly. Most are better examples of human beings than large swaths of Americans.

But like them or not, they came here and settled. Many had families and have grown roots. So here's the deal. I have a helper who did just that, he came for work, had kids while here and now they are in school. If we are not going to seriously talk about kicking them out of the country, why can my helper not get a legal drivers license? That is the one and only thing he is lacking. You are telling me that he can put his kids in school, he pays his taxes, he follows all the rules, has insurance on his cars, pays for his trailer. And he can't have a license because he over stayed his visa? It's hypocritical and sad. It makes Americans look really stupid. what gives?

Namely, they only need a valid license from their own nation.

Foreign Nationals Driving in the United States

People who drive in the United States must have a valid driver's license.

To rent a vehicle in the U.S., check with the rental company and find out about documents and other requirements, like how old you have to be. These requirements vary from state to state.

If you are a visitor from outside the United States and Canada who plans to drive in the U.S., check with the motor vehicle department of each state you will drive in for its requirements. Some of the states will require an International Driving Permit (IDP) in addition to a valid license from your own country.

Short-Term Visitors

If you intend on getting an IDP, you must do so in advance of your travel:

The United States does not issue IDPs to foreign visitors. To get an IDP, contact the authorities of the country that issued your driver's license or its motoring association.
If you want to rent a car, you may need both your license and an IDP; find out the rental company's policies in advance.
Beware of international driver's license scams.

https://www.usa.gov/visitors-driving

n order to drive legally in North Carolina, you must have a valid drivers license. North Carolina will accept a “valid drivers license issued to [the driver] in his home state or country.” (G.S. §20-8.3)

North Carolina does not recognize the International Driving License although if your home country license is not written in English, it is best to have an International Driving License in addition to your home country license.

http://studentlegalservices.web.unc.edu/legal-resources/legal-topics-index-2/driving-legally-in-nc/

Out-of-State or Out-of-Country Drivers
Residents from other states or countries may operate vehicles in North Carolina using their drivers licenses. The same restrictions or limitations as imposed by their home states or countries apply in North Carolina.

A learners permit from another state is valid in North Carolina, but only if the driver is age sixteen or older.

The International Drivers License is NOT recognized in North Carolina and cannot be used as a drivers license.

A person who moves to North Carolina and establishes residency has sixty (60) days to obtain a North Carolina drivers license.

https://www.nccrimecontrol.org/Index2.cfm?a=000003,000014,000766,000774

brushfire
01-21-2016, 07:56 AM
And who will be held accountable for dereliction of duty?

timosman
01-21-2016, 10:28 AM

It all would be OK for this person if not for the many copycats. Pretty much everyone on this planet knows how lax the law enforcement regarding immigration in the US is. Combine this with the policy of turning the rest of the world into a shithole and add generous benefits, including an instant citizenship, for people born on US owned land. This is how we arrive at the present day - 2016' USA

erowe1
01-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Of course. How could they be? All these anti-immigration people go crazy over it and have no idea about how to accomplish what they want.

erowe1
01-21-2016, 10:44 AM
It all would be OK for this person if not for the many copycats. Pretty much everyone on this planet knows how lax the law enforcement regarding immigration in the US is.

If it's OK for this person, then why is it not OK for the copycats?

"Oh no! Somebody did something good! Now other people might see that it worked for him and then copy him and do more good things!"

specsaregood
01-21-2016, 10:47 AM

He follows all the rules? You mean, except the one about not overstaying the work visa? Did they not agree to leave when the visa expired when they applied? If so, does that not make them an untrustworthy liar? If they were not doing that job, are you certain an American wouldn't be filling the position instead?

timosman
01-21-2016, 10:59 AM
If it's OK for this person, then why is it not OK for the copycats?

You really see no difference between an act performed by a single person and the same act performed by 100,000,000 people?

erowe1
01-21-2016, 11:12 AM
You really see no difference between an act performed by a single person and the same act performed by 100,000,000 people?

I do see the difference. When 100,000,000 people do it, it's 100,000,000 times as good.

erowe1
01-21-2016, 11:14 AM
If so, does that not make them an untrustworthy liar?

No, of course it doesn't. They had to agree to that in order to get the visa. Nobody has any right to force them to get a visa in order to be in the country to begin with. These immigrants never owed their loyalty or anything else to the people who made them get these papers in order to enter the country. Visas shouldn't even exist.

timosman
01-21-2016, 11:26 AM
No, of course it doesn't. They had agree to that in order to get the visa. Nobody has any right to force them to get a visa in order to be in the country to begin with. These immigrants never owed their loyalty or anything else to the people who made them get these papers in order to enter the country. Visas shouldn't even exist.

This is really some impeccable logic. :confused:

erowe1
01-21-2016, 11:36 AM
This is really some impeccable logic. :confused:

Of course it is.

It's amazing that some people don't see it. The reason, I think, is because they're statists, and they take for granted that what would be wrong if any of us as individuals did it is not wrong when the state does it.

If Specsaregood and I mutually agreed that I would mow his lawn and he would pay me $20, and then you came along and started butting in and insisting that we can't make that agreement until I sign some paper of yours saying I'll leave the country in a year, then we would have a few reasonable courses of action. One reasonable course of action would be to tell you to leave us alone and mind your own business. But supposing you had the means of making our lives miserable if we did that, we might choose another course, one of me just signing your illegitimate piece of paper so you'll go away, and resting assured that it placed no genuine moral obligation on either of us. In order for something to be the sin of lying, it must first be the case that the victim of the deceit has a legitimate claim to deserving to know the truth. Signing your paper and not really meaning it to get you off our backs is morally no different than putting a timer on your lights at home to make would be burglars think you're there when you're actually on vacation.

Now, since you brought up logic, if you have some refutation of this that you actually think is logical, as opposed to emotion driven running off at the mouth, please share it. I'm always happy to learn more about logic.

specsaregood
01-21-2016, 12:03 PM
No, of course it doesn't. They had agree to that in order to get the visa. Nobody has any right to force them to get a visa in order to be in the country to begin with. These immigrants never owed their loyalty or anything else to the people who made them get these papers in order to enter the country. Visas shouldn't even exist.

Of course it does. Even if they had to lie to get the visa, they still lied and are therefore untrustworthy. You can justify it all you want or disagree with the force used; they are still liars.

erowe1
01-21-2016, 12:19 PM
Of course it does. Even if they had to lie to get the visa, they still lied and are therefore untrustworthy. You can justify it all you want or disagree with the force used; they are still liars.

If I put a timer on my lights to make would be burglars think I'm home when I'm really on vacation, does that make me an untrustworthy liar?

By saying these people are untrustworthy, you are saying that you do agree with the use of force against them. You can't just set that off to the side. If that use of force is illegitimate, then they owe the government no information or promise at all. It's no more binding than a contract signed under duress.

Origanalist
01-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Ha ha ha ha

Origanalist
01-21-2016, 12:21 PM
If I put a timer on my lights to make would be burglars think I'm home when I'm really on vacation, does that make me an untrustworthy liar?

Yes. (happy?)

Origanalist
01-21-2016, 12:21 PM
And scarecrows, don't forget scarecrows.

erowe1
01-21-2016, 12:29 PM
And scarecrows, don't forget scarecrows.

And fake passes in basketball, and toupees, and so on.

specsaregood
01-21-2016, 12:32 PM

By saying these people are untrustworthy, you are saying that you do agree with the use of force against them. You can't just set that off to the side. If that use of force is illegitimate, then they owe the government no information or promise at all. It's no more binding than a contract signed under duress.

absurd.

erowe1
01-21-2016, 12:40 PM
absurd.

I retract all the parts of what I said that you have proven wrong.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Rand talked about this today on the radio. He calls for a 100% entry and exit system and more scrutiny for visitors from all countries. No more visa waiver nations. Long ago Rand Paul called for more scrutiny on students and immigrants during the Gang of Eight process, but Rubio and friends blocked Rand's amendments.

farreri
01-21-2016, 01:19 PM
For anyone wanting all the millions of illegals to go back, do you know how much money that will cost trying to round them all up and deport them?! But maybe Trump will get Mexico to pay for that too lol!

erowe1
01-21-2016, 01:28 PM

Zippyjuan
01-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Of course. How could they be? All these anti-immigration people go crazy over it and have no idea about how to accomplish what they want.

We need a bigger government so we can track every person in the country at every minute of the day so we know the second somebody does not belong and we can kick them out of the country then those overstaying their welcome can be separated out. Papers please!

Zippyjuan
01-21-2016, 01:45 PM
For anyone wanting all the millions of illegals to go back, do you know how much money that will cost trying to round them all up and deport them?! But maybe Trump will get Mexico to pay for that too lol!

Donald promised to be very nice to them. They will be happy to leave and thank him.

Ron Paul said we cannot and should not be rounding up and deporting those who have been here. https://mises.org/blog/ron-paul-sums-his-anti-wall-anti-mass-deportation-views-immigration

Ron Paul Sums Up His anti-Wall, anti-Mass Deportation Views on Immigration

AUGUST 21, 2015Ryan McMaken
Not surprisingly, during the 2012 election, Ron Paul was the only laissez-faire candidate when it came to immigration. The Democratic candidates, naturally, wanted more subsidies for immigrants (in the form of welfare and citizenship benefits) while most of the other GOP candidates called for a variety of taxpayer funded, authoritarian schemes such as national ID cards, border walls, more police, and regulations on employers and entrepreneurs.

Ron Paul took a more humane and consistent approach and refused to support more government surveillance or more wall building. At the same time, of course, he also advocated for reducing or ending subsidies for immigrants, since, as with products and services, and laborers of all types: if you subsidize it, you'll get more of it.

In this video, Paul and Daniel McAdams discuss Paul's views on immigration in light of the current debate over immigration.

On Trump's plan to round up and deport 15 million people:

Ron Paul: How practical do you think this would be to round up 15 million people without any consideration for due process?

McAdams: You’d essentially need a police state because you’d practically have to be going to go door to door almost, because they don’t keep track of these people.

Ron Paul: I think it’s impossible.
On building a wall and controlling labor:

Daniel McAdams: When we worked on immigration in your office, you were generally friendly with people who wanted some controls on the border. But we ran into terrible troubles with the extreme on [the conservative] side which wanted an authoritarian state here. They wanted "E-Verify" which means every American would have to prove he has a right to work in his own country. And then there's the wall they want.

Ron Paul: You’ll need a really efficient wall and a coast guard that goes up and down the coast blowing boats out of the water…The idea of building walls around the country, I think it’s a joke. I could never take a position that we need more barbed wire to solve this problem.

Paul then proceeds to attack numerous economic arguments made against immigration and free trade. In particular he mocks Donald Trump’s claim that it’s a bad thing that immigrants make money and “send it home.” "Economically, who cares?", Paul asks. "They use that money to buy American goods." And he goes on with McAdams to recount entrepreneurs and small business owners they worked with in Congress who relied on immigrant labor, and who should continue to be allowed to access labor, as in any reasonably free economy.

Philhelm
01-21-2016, 07:46 PM
I think that open borders would be okay if we could reinstate slavery. I don't like to clean toilets.

RonPaulMall
01-22-2016, 10:17 AM

Wouldn't involve any added expense at all. We already have the department and infrastructure in place. The only change you'd need to make is instructing people to enforce the law rather than subvert it.

erowe1
01-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't involve any added expense at all. We already have the department and infrastructure in place. The only change you'd need to make is instructing people to enforce the law rather than subvert it.

Of course it would involve added expense. Enormous added expense. We have the laws and departments, but they're not being funded to do this kind of thing. It would be impossible. And even to attempt it would require a huge erosion of liberty for each and every individual in America, citizen or not.

erowe1
01-22-2016, 10:41 AM
I think that open borders would be okay if we could reinstate slavery. I don't like to clean toilets.

So, violating my rights is ok, if it means you won't need to clean toilets?

asurfaholic
01-22-2016, 01:11 PM
He follows all the rules? You mean, except the one about not overstaying the work visa? Did they not agree to leave when the visa expired when they applied? If so, does that not make them an untrustworthy liar? If they were not doing that job, are you certain an American wouldn't be filling the position instead?

Yea, so he stayed put when his kids were given the opportunity to get their education in U.S. schools. Do you blame him?

He follows all the basic rules of society other than the fact he is still here and has to drive without a license. And most Americans are too lazy to even compete with him for the job. Very few would beat him out in terms of selfless worth ethic and production.

Brian4Liberty
01-22-2016, 01:28 PM
We need a bigger government so we can track every person in the country at every minute of the day so we know the second somebody does not belong and we can kick them out of the country then those overstaying their welcome can be separated out. Papers please!

No need for you guys to respond to each other on the forum. Can't you just talk over the cubicle wall? Or do you have closed offices in your department? More waste of taxpayer money. Cubicles should be enough.