PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Realistically, Trump Could Be The Nominee

randomname
01-20-2016, 05:24 PM
Former presidential candidate Ron Paul, and the father of presidential contender Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
93%
(R-TX), said Wednesday that Donald Trump will likely be the Republican presidential nominee.

“Well, at this point, it certainly is realistic,” Paul said on Newmsmax’s Steve Malzberg Show. “If I had a limited sum of money [to bet]… I probably wouldn’t invest a whole lot,” Paul added.

When asked about his son’s chance, Paul said that he may do better than people expect. “I think he may well surprise everybody because he has good organization and caucus states are different. That’s where we always did well.”

Paul also discussed his 2012 presidential bid and how difficult it was for his campaign to get coverage in the media. “Remember, the coverage was tough to get,” Paul said.

“The system isn’t really that fair. Actually when we got to the convention, they changed the rules. And the rules they changed, now looks like it can help Trump. They’re in a tizzy now, the Republican Party, because they got to change the rules again because ‘We certainly don’t want to help Trump.'”

Paul also dumped on polling, says it can be rigged.

ht tp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/20/ron-paul/

William Tell
01-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Look at the BS Breitbart headline
Ron Paul: Realistically, Trump Will Be The Nominee

Ron said Trump has a realistic shot, not that he will be the nominee.

Kotin
01-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Look at the BS Breitbart headline

Ron said Trump has a realistic shot, not that he will be the nominee.

Changed title to reflect that even though it's a breitbart title

Breitbart is such a piece of shit newsite with that bullshit title and drooling just to attribute this to Ron Paul

Breitbart is trump central and Andrew would be mortified at what has become of his organization

cajuncocoa
01-20-2016, 05:35 PM
Actually when we got to the convention, they changed the rules. And the rules they changed, now looks like it can help Trump. They’re in a tizzy now, the Republican Party, because they got to change the rules again because ‘We certainly don’t want to help Trump.'”

Once again, I must add a disclaimer: I am not a Trump supporter.

But....why even bother to go through the whole spectacle of debates, primaries, and caucuses then? The GOP is just going to keep changing the rules every 4 years so they can get the nominee they want up to the top. They already have someone in mind, obviously. Why bother to have debates, primaries and caucuses?

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2016, 05:57 PM
Changed title to reflect that even though it's a breitbart title

Breitbart is such a piece of shit newsite with that bullshit title and drooling just to attribute this to Ron Paul

Breitbart is trump central and Andrew would be mortified at what has become of his organization

Actually, there are a couple of people over there who have been very fair in covering Ron and Rand in the past few years. The author of the OP article is one of them.

Here's some of her articles from today and yesterday:

Rand Paul Calls Donald Trump ‘Gollum’ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/20/rand-paul-calls-donald-trump-gollum/)
EXCLUSIVE– Rand Paul: Ted Cruz Is ‘Not Authentic’ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/19/exclusive-rand-paul-ted-cruz-not-authentic/)

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2016, 06:10 PM

But....why even bother to go through the whole spectacle of debates, primaries, and caucuses then? The GOP is just going to keep changing the rules every 4 years so they can get the nominee they want up to the top. They already have someone in mind, obviously. Why bother to have debates, primaries and caucuses?
The election cycle functions as a shiny distraction/circus to keep Boobus ​entertained and happily enslaved.

enhanced_deficit
01-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Besides Rand and Jeb, no one had a real shot at stopping Trump mania sweeping the fiercely anti-Obama GOP... but both Rand and Jeb seem to be following a puzzling campaign strategy that is not working. So yea, Ron is right and Trumpster could very well be the new face of GOP soon.

presence
01-20-2016, 06:51 PM

http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/illusion-free-choice.jpg

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2016, 07:27 PM
http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/illusion-free-choice.jpg
+rep

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2016, 09:14 PM

fr33
01-20-2016, 09:22 PM
I certainly didn't think Trump would still be this high in the polls at this point. It still remains to be seen if morons who like reality tv actually vote.

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2016, 09:44 PM
He certainly has a realistic chance. People are by and large imbeciles.

nikcers
01-20-2016, 09:53 PM
He basically said I wouldn't bet on it unless you got money to burn, instead though because of the way he worded it and people are so desperate they are saying OMG THERE IS Actually is a chance OMG A CHANCE!!

fml

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2016, 09:55 PM
He basically said I wouldn't bet on it unless you got money to burn, instead though because of the way he worded it and people are so desperate they are saying OMG THERE IS Actually is a chance CHANCE!!

fml

Worse, Breitbart claims that Ron Paul said definitively that Trump WILL be the nominee.

AngryCanadian
01-20-2016, 09:55 PM
The imbeciles whom are stuck in the 50/60s, dont know how they are going to or Mexico is going to pay for the fantasy wall, that will never happen. Trump wont win in the general.

But who cares? they wont listen to reason.

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2016, 09:57 PM
Found this clip, but it is suspiciously edited as he is elaborating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZWkhW8Z0o

GunnyFreedom
01-20-2016, 09:57 PM
The imbeciles whom are stuck in the 50/60s, dont know how they are going to or Mexico is going to pay for the fantasy wall, that will never happen. Trump wont win in the general.

But who cares? they wont listen to reason.

I don't think so either, but I do try and refrain from underestimating the stupidity of people in large groups.

nikcers
01-20-2016, 10:01 PM
I don't think so either, but I do try and refrain from underestimating the stupidity of people in large groups.

The bigger the crowd the more people think less for themselves and get into this crowd mentality. Donald Trumb capitalized on this well.

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2016, 10:18 PM
The bigger the crowd the more people think less for themselves and get into this crowd mentality. Donald Trumb capitalized on this well.
Excellent point. Google "The Madness Of Crowds" and "Crowd Theory". Interesting stuff, indeed. :cool:

01-20-2016, 10:25 PM
I don't think Trump has a chance. The media presents an illusion of inevitability, but Trump's negatives and would never supports are way too high and over 50%. Eventually as candidates drop, that support is going to coalesce around somebody. If it doesn't and this carries on long enough, it could go to convention with no candidate having enough delegates to secure a nomination. I'm not saying Rand is going to win. I don't think he will. I'm saying Trump can not. Even if he takes some of the winner take alls, he will still come up short.

ChristianAnarchist
01-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Found this clip, but it is suspiciously edited as he is elaborating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZWkhW8Z0o

That editing is very obvious. There's something in there that didn't fit their narative that they wanted to make sure doesn't get widespread coverage. Anyone have an unedited clip??

TheTexan
01-20-2016, 10:44 PM
I don't think Trump has a chance. The media presents an illusion of inevitability, but Trump's negatives and would never supports are way too high and over 50%. Eventually as candidates drop, that support is going to coalesce around somebody. If it doesn't and this carries on long enough, it could go to convention with no candidate having enough delegates to secure a nomination. I'm not saying Rand is going to win. I don't think he will. I'm saying Trump can not. Even if he takes some of the winner take alls, he will still come up short.

People also said a black man couldnt ever win.

And Trump winning, is gonna be even bigger than that.

It's gonna be huge

Danke
01-20-2016, 11:06 PM

It's gonna be huge

A black man won?

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2016, 11:17 PM
A black man won?
Black enough for teh MSM to believe him to be black.

01-20-2016, 11:30 PM

It's gonna be huge

How exactly? With negatives above 50 there are not enough votes for him to win.

TheTexan
01-20-2016, 11:41 PM
A black man won?

Would he have been a slave, or a slave-owner?

nikcers
01-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Black enough for teh MSM to believe him to be black.

Trump will do for racists what Obama did for the black community. He is pandering to their votes and wont do anything to help their "cause". Even Trump feeds into their talking point, Trump likes to brag (in so many words) that black people won't even vote in any more elections because Obama did nothing for them.

ssunlimited
01-20-2016, 11:49 PM
Trump will do for racists what Obama did for the black community. He is pandering to their votes and wont do anything to help their "cause". Even Trump feeds into their talking point, Trump likes to brag (in so many words) that black people won't even vote in any more elections because Obama did nothing for them.

Pres. Obama actually did nothing for the black folks?

nikcers
01-21-2016, 12:04 AM

Trumps talking point is he did a bad job and that is why there will never be another black president again. I am pretty sure this is what Trump is insinuating.

TheTexan
01-21-2016, 12:08 AM

Not true. The free phone program, as I understand, was a very popular initiative among the black community.

nikcers
01-21-2016, 12:19 AM
The tough pill to swallow for the left is the MSM is now putting out headlines that Bernie Sanders is surging, and he will have a solid national lead soon, and he destroys Trump in the general election with millennials support he gets. You don't think people will turn out to vote for free healthcare when they came out to vote in mass for free health insurance?

CPUd
01-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Former congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul tells Newsmax that he thinks Donald Trump is going to win the Republican nomination for president. As the Independent Journal tweeted: "Ron Paul: I think Trump will win the GOP nomination."

That account is based on the Breitbart clip headlined "Ron Paul: Realistically, Trump Will Be Nominee."

Er, not exactly.

Newsmax: Realistically, is Trump going to be the nominee at this point?

Ron Paul: At this point, it certainly is realistic. If I had a limited amount of money to bet, I probably wouldn't invest a whole lot....All this talk for this last year and a half—there hasn't even been a vote cast. It's all been done by polling which, for the most part, is generally rigged.

That comes after some chat about whether it's realistic to think Trump could be the nominee, especially after leading polls for so long. Not quite the same thing as "Trump will be nominee," is it?

When asked about son Rand Paul's chances, Paul pere says, "I think he may well surprise everybody because he has a good organization and caucus states are different, it's where we always did well." He also notes that Rand Paul has a "different position" on foreign policy and the war on drugs and suggests (without evidence) that Fox News thus kept Rand from appearing in the most recent GOP debate. While there's a strong case to be made that the Kentucky senator should have appeared, it was well within Fox Business's previously stated criteria to exclude him (even if it did make for a lousier debate).

http://reason.com/blog/2016/01/20/did-ron-paul-really-say-donald-trump-wil

Origanalist
01-21-2016, 04:40 AM

Pretty much. I would be open to anyone proving that wrong.

Tywysog Cymru
01-21-2016, 10:39 AM
The tough pill to swallow for the left is the MSM is now putting out headlines that Bernie Sanders is surging, and he will have a solid national lead soon, and he destroys Trump in the general election with millennials support he gets. You don't think people will turn out to vote for free healthcare when they came out to vote in mass for free health insurance?

To be fair, Trump wants that too.

Valli6
01-21-2016, 11:27 AM
An update to a DaillyCaller story with a similarly misleading headline - "Ron Paul: Trump’s Probably Going To Win The Nomination"

As usual the media can’t get anything right. I responded to a poorly worded
question , agreeing that it was ‘realistic’ at this point that Trump could win,
not that he will win. In fact, I then proceeded to say not one vote has been
cast and this has all been trumped up by the media and rigged polls for
entertainment. Rand is going to surprise everybody because freedom is
popular and when it matters voters won’t cast their lot with an authoritarian
like Trump.” – Ron Paul
http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/20/ron-paul-trumps-probably-going-to-win-the-nomination/

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2016, 12:44 PM
NewsmaxTV seems to be the source of the mysteriously edited video interview:

A response to the Daily Caller:

A response to Michelle Fields:

A response to the Editor at Independent Journal:

rg17
01-21-2016, 01:29 PM
Did any of you see the new Jeb Bush ad?

GunnyFreedom
01-21-2016, 04:40 PM
And then there's this Breitbartian Trumpaloompa:

http://i.imgur.com/GkvSyit.png

rg17
01-21-2016, 07:18 PM
And then there's this Breitbartian Trumpaloompa:

http://i.imgur.com/GkvSyit.png

What a dumbass!

GunnyFreedom
01-21-2016, 07:52 PM
What a dumbass!

He thought he was going to impress me by using the Greek alphabet for "eschaton." Too bad for him the entire reason I went to a Seminary was to learn Hebrew and Greek. :D It's been a pretty long discussion. He actually tried to claim that Trump never claimed to be righteous or good, and that my quoting Trump saying he's never asked God for forgiveness was 'putting words in his mouth.' Classic signs of delusional mentation and a clear attempt to keep cognitive dissonance at bay.

presence
01-22-2016, 09:44 AM
+rep

I mostly give cajuncocoa credit for that :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OZIlr1dXd0

brandon
01-22-2016, 10:28 AM
It probably will be Trump. After a couple people drop out the mainstream GOP can converge on one candidate, probably Rubio or Bush, and they may have a chance, but it doesn't look very promising.

Honestly I don't really think I care who wins. Out of both parties Rand was the only guy I could even consider voting for. Some of the lesser Dem candidate seemed slightly palatable (Lincoln Chaffee etc) but are gone now.

CPUd
01-22-2016, 01:08 PM
If Bush drops out, Trump's support would evaporate overnight.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2016, 02:59 AM
Actually, there are a couple of people over there who have been very fair in covering Ron and Rand in the past few years. The author of the OP article is one of them.

Here's some of her articles from today and yesterday:

Rand Paul Calls Donald Trump ‘Gollum’ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/20/rand-paul-calls-donald-trump-gollum/)
EXCLUSIVE– Rand Paul: Ted Cruz Is ‘Not Authentic’ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/19/exclusive-rand-paul-ted-cruz-not-authentic/)

Can't be all that fair, considering her lying clickbait headline still hasn't been corrected.

Origanalist
01-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Lying liars gonna lie.

brandon
01-23-2016, 11:07 AM

You say a lot of things as if they are fact. Such as "Rand will be in the debate". Confidence is good but also should be aware of the uncertainty of the future.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2016, 02:06 PM

Yes, they are.

My question is: just how, and where, and why, and who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give them so much control over my day to day life?

Anti Federalist
01-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Rand is going to surprise everybody because freedom is
popular and when it matters voters won’t cast their lot with an authoritarian
like Trump.” – Ron Paul

As much as I respect this man, he is wrong about this.

Freedom is not popular.

Not as we understand it anyway.

Boobus may be in favor of whatever little vice blows his skirt up, but broad based, across the board freedom?

Hah, not a chance in hell.

GunnyFreedom
01-23-2016, 04:26 PM
Yes, they are.

My question is: just how, and where, and why, and who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give them so much control over my day to day life?
I don't think anyone did. I think it just creeped up inch by inch by inch. While people were too busy earning a days wage and keeping themselves alive, they stole a sixteenth of an inch here, an eighth of an inch there, and nobody thought to challenge an institution that so far as they know has been exactly in place since before they were born.

fr33
01-23-2016, 04:59 PM
What's your reasoning on this?