PDA

View Full Version : EPA Responds to Accusations of Inaction in Flint Water Crisis

BarryDonegan
01-19-2016, 01:58 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/epa-responds-accusations-inaction-flint-water-crisis/

In the wake of allegations that the Environmental Protection Agency knew about the toxicity of Flint, Michigan's water supply but stayed silent, EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said, "EPA did its job but clearly the outcome was not what anyone would have wanted."

timosman
01-19-2016, 02:08 PM
Is she dumb as a rock?

phill4paul
01-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Is she dumb as a rock?

She's protected form of basalt. I don't know why she is given Federal protection being that there is so much of this rock form out there.

kpitcher
01-19-2016, 08:41 PM
There was an NPR story last week how the EPA expert on lead spoke up and was ordered to keep quiet. This story shows he was going out of his way to try to be helpful
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/01/15/flin-j15.html

When Del Toral was informed of the results, he drove back to Flint from his home in Chicago just in time to see the city replacing the service line to Walters’ home, which he personally confirmed had been pure lead....MDEQ officials Liane Shekter-Smith (Chief of the Office of Drinking Water and Municipal Assistance), Stephen Busch and Brad Wurfel. Like a mafioso, Shekter-Smith bragged that “Mr. Del Toral has been handled,” and that Flint residents would not be hearing from him again, adding that Del Toral’s interim memo on corrosion control “would never be finalized.”

In a recent interview, Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, the pediatrician who uncovered the spike in levels of lead in Flint children’s blood last September, said, “This experience has really shattered my trust in government. It’s not that I was naive to start with, but you’d expect that utilities, states, federal agencies would take their jobs seriously and try to protect people rather than deliberately mislead, lie and make up excuses not to protect public health.”