PDA

View Full Version : Militia. [POLL]

Areign
12-07-2007, 03:32 AM
Who here is apart of a Militia? Myself? Not yet. Though, I am saving up money to get myself the rest of the gear I need. Then I'm ready to roll baby.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-07-2007, 03:39 AM
Who here is apart of a Militia? Myself? Not yet. Though, I am saving up money to get myself the rest of the gear I need. Then I'm ready to roll baby.

Can I join? lol

Iwantbatteries
12-07-2007, 04:20 AM
like the national guard (the offical sucessor of the role of milita)? or do you mean some of those self sponsored groups that shoot tresspassers and scare the feds? (got no problem with them, just not my thing)

sharedvoice
12-07-2007, 06:49 AM
While posts like these demonstrate highly motivated Patriots in support of the cause of individual Liberty and Freedom. I would also like to remind everyone -- tread with caution when discussing such topics. Remember our Revolution is a Peaceful message. :p

pacelli
12-07-2007, 06:52 AM
While posts like these demonstrate highly motivated Patriots in support of the cause of individual Liberty and Freedom. I would also like to remind everyone -- tread with caution when discussing such topics. Remember our Revolution is a Peaceful message. :p

Well said. Ideas are bulletproof.

KingTheoden
12-07-2007, 06:52 AM
I voted yes. We are all part of the 'Militia.' Unfortunately since Oklahoma City, organized militias have become strictly verboten!

Areign
12-07-2007, 06:53 AM

I'm not trying to start anything. Just curious about who here was apart of civilian militias. Sorry if the message got crossed with another.

Can I join? lol

Sure if you want. =P

like the national guard (the offical sucessor of the role of milita)? or do you mean some of those self sponsored groups that shoot tresspassers and scare the feds? (got no problem with them, just not my thing)

Civilian. The National Guard is government controlled if I remember correctly.

Mark
12-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Can you be an army of one?

Mark
12-07-2007, 07:01 AM
our Revolution is a Peaceful message. :p

I see we're all in Agreemen t -:cool:

Real_CaGeD
12-07-2007, 07:01 AM
I would Join a real militia if they stood for the right things, and understood the fight against globalism.

The group would need to have a understanding of the big oil equals cia, Bush/Clinton cia collusion, and media cia as well.

Failure to adhere to the Monroe doctrine is the root of the peoples problems. "The New World is no longer open to colonization from the Old World." "Any attempt to influence the New World will be seen as a threat." International banking is the colonization fear realised.

The "no entangling alliance" doctrine is the secondary root of the peoples woes.

I propose the creation of a new party, the Monroe Adams conserve the New World party.

I voted No, because a militia today must be "silent".

pcosmar
12-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Who is the Militia?
You Are.

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

10 U.S.C § 311:
Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
Naval Militia.

pcosmar
12-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Some more Quotes by our esteemed Ancestors.

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights,
makes the most reliable soldier on earth."

Quote by:Thomas J. Jackson

"It is not the function of the government
to keep the citizen from falling into error;
it is the function of the citizen to keep
the government from falling into error."

Quote by:Justice Robert H. Jackson
(1892-1954), U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source:US Supreme Court, American Communications Association v. Douds, 339 U.S. 382, 442 (1950)

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined....
O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants,
it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Quote by:Patrick Henry
(1736-1799) US Founding Father

"The best we can hope for
concerning the people at large
is that they be properly armed."

Quote by:Alexander Hamilton
(1757-1804)
Source:The Federalist Papers at 184-188

GunnyFreedom
12-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Um. According to the US Constitution, all able-bodied males between the ages of 17 and 45 are members of the unorganized militia. I am not a member of any organized militia, but because I believe in, uphold and defend the US Constitution, then I would have to say that yes, I am a member of a militia. The unorganized United States militia anyway. 8-)

pcosmar
12-07-2007, 10:21 AM
For all those that voted NO.
What Country do you live in?

GunnyFreedom
12-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Yeah seriously. 8-)

johngr
12-07-2007, 12:44 PM
The Militia Act of 1903 created the modern National Guard and put the militias under federal and military rather than state and civilian control. It should be repealed.

A related question: Does the US need a standing army (never mind that the Constitution doesn't authorize and mentions only (as amended) a Militia and that as being necessary for the security of a free State?

I say no!

Standing armies was one of the grievances of the Declaration of Independence, a reason for the Revolutionary War. The US used to have armies (plural). They raised one for the War of 1812. They raised one for the War of Northern Aggression (enslaving conscripts in the process) .

The anti-federalists were to a man opposed to standing armies, as were James Madison, "The Father of the Constitution"

A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.

Of all the enemies to public liberty, war is perhaps the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.

Jefferson was against standing armies as well:

There are instruments so dangerous to the rights of the nation and which place them so totally at the mercy of their governors that those governors, whether legislative or executive, should be restrained from keeping such instruments on foot but in well-defined cases. Such an instrument is a standing army.

Were armies to be raised whenever a speck of war is visible in our horizon, we never should have been without them. Our resources would have been exhausted on dangers which have never happened, instead of being reserved for what is really to take place.

Nor is it conceived needful or safe that a standing army should be kept up in time of peace.

The dangers to liberties from tyrants and emperors (who invariably turn their armies on their own citizens) are far greater than those of foreign foes. When was the last time Switzerland was attacked? Anyone who tried to attack and occupy a US with a gun culture and 50 independent militias would have their asses handed to them. A standing army is only necessary for empire.

Bradley in DC
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
http://www.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/testimon.htm

The "state militias" or "select militias" are the National Guard, etc. Militia is another term for able-bodied men (though I suppose we could included the fairer sex too). We are part of the "unorganized militia."

VII. Relevant Statutes

A. Militia Act of 1792

Sec. 1. Be it enacted . . .  That each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of the respective states, resident therein, who is or shall be of the age of eighteen years, and under the age of forty-five years (except as is herein after excepted) shall severally and respectively be enrolled in the militia . . . . That every citizen so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch with a box therein to contain not less than twenty-four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball: or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder. . . .

Sec. 2. [Exempting the Vice President, federal judicial and executive officers, congressmen and congressional officers, custom-house officers and clerks, post-officers and postal stage drivers, ferrymen on post roads, export inspectors, pilots, merchant mariners, and people exempted under the laws of their states.] 50

B. The currently effective Militia Act

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and . . . under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are --

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia. 51

Madison
12-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not in one, but I should be. See the second quote in my signature.

head4thehills
01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
So,
This is for Madison. Are YOU in a militia? I haven't heard of very many females joining them. :p

MN Patriot
01-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Every able bodied male and female is in the UNORGANIZED militia.

The organized militia is the army, navy, national guard, etc.

So yes, everyone is in the militia, and each person has a right to keep and bear arms.

Young_Apprentice
01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Jesus Christ...

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 01:17 PM
My wife would kill me :(

pcosmar
01-16-2008, 01:31 PM
So,
This is for Madison. Are YOU in a militia? I haven't heard of very many females joining them. :p

It's not unheard of.

http://www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/2006/december_2006/ONRAPPEL.jpg

hvac ak47
01-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Im armed and able bodied!!:cool:

smartguy911
01-16-2008, 01:35 PM
this thread will sure get the attention of government. I am sure att already notified them about it.

pcosmar
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
this thread will sure get the attention of government. I am sure att already notified them about it.

I'm sure they already know me.

VoluntaryMan
01-16-2008, 01:38 PM
By definition, I am, although I'm a member of no organized militia group. The word is defined as all able bodied citizens (loosely).

Paulbot_9876
01-16-2008, 01:50 PM
if your not in a militia....i would serious advise people to get one started in your area or join one......but there are other ways you can help also......get a copy of "citizens rule book".....
it's a 60 page booklet that can be read and taken anywhere with you.....it tells you what your rights are as a juror..... you alone have more power than the president.....you can turn anyone free who has been screwed by the system for a crime of any kind....you do not have to obey the modern laws the judge tells you if you are a juror......you as one person can set anyone free if you are a juror.... i really do advise people to get this booklet.... you might be defending an rp supporter in the future..... i think we could do some damage to the court systems if we all support and stand as rp supporters......this is one way of getting even in the future.......turn all rp supporters loose from a crime that was unconstitutional arrested for..........

pcosmar
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I am amazed that so many voted NO.
Some people need to educate themselves.

GunnyFreedom
01-18-2008, 02:13 AM
92 people who do not understand what the US Constitution has to say on the matter, apparently. or, well, certainly fewer than 92, given the age, health, and sex restrictions listed in the Constitution. nevertheless.... :eek:

demolama
01-18-2008, 03:00 AM
the reason the Dick Act of 1903 was created was because militias are defensive tools and can not wage offensive wars. During the War of 1812 Madison wanted the militias to travel to Canada to wage war... "they said Canada hasn't attacked us why should we attack them?" Militias also refused to go to Mexico during the Mexican War. Militias were well known for their insubordination towards the federal authority.

Notice the creation of the National Guard was after America's attempt at colonialization during the Spanish American war where the militia once again refused to go into other countries. Can't conquer and have an empire without a big military!

Founding Fathers like Mason, Jefferson, and Madison were fearful of standing armies... but as the constant conflict with Indians and the War of 1812 showed the need for some well trained solders were required as long as their numbers were not huge (a couple hundred at most).

Still no country in their right mind would ever try to conquer a country in which every citizen was armed. This is why standing armies are dangerous... they are tools for tyranny, imperialism, and oppression.

axiomata
01-18-2008, 03:27 AM
According to the Illinois state Constitution:

"SECTION 1. MEMBERSHIP
The State militia consists of all able-bodied persons
residing in the State except those exempted by law."

So ya, I'm in the militia.

GunnyFreedom
01-18-2008, 04:24 AM
yesh. in 2 hours the "no" folk climbed from 92 to 99.

Um. Remedial reading of the US Constitution maybe? Who in the world are these guys??? Am I to seriously believe that 83% of us seriously do not know what the Constitution says?

inibo
01-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Who is the Militia?
You Are.

Thank you. I was going to post that, but you beat me to it.

tommyzDad
01-22-2008, 10:44 AM
One militia I would really want to avoid:

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/218/stupidmilitiapw1.jpg

pinkmandy
01-22-2008, 11:06 AM

One that recognizes males, not females, as members of the militia. ;) I'll be happy to lend moral support, though and would defend my home and family as needed. Almost every state has unorganized militia and they all don't look nuts, either.

asgardshill
01-22-2008, 11:10 AM

The one whose Constitution said that I was unceremoniously kicked out of the Unorganized Militia when I turned 46. (I can still shoot pretty straight for an old fart though - just don't ask me to hump an M60 20 miles through the boonies any more ...) ;)

pcosmar
01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
One that recognizes males, not females, as members of the militia. ;) I'll be happy to lend moral support, though and would defend my home and family as needed. Almost every state has unorganized militia and they all don't look nuts, either.

Hmm, point.
Maybe the regs should be updated.
Age and gender are not the issue they once were.

pcosmar
01-22-2008, 11:24 AM
The one whose Constitution said that I was unceremoniously kicked out of the Unorganized Militia when I turned 46. (I can still shoot pretty straight for an old fart though - just don't ask me to hump an M60 20 miles through the boonies any more ...) ;)

Yeah, I'm 50. but I still can (physically) , it's just those pesky (and unconstitutional ) convolution of laws.
I could still teach the youngin's a few things, should it be necessary.