PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Campaign Message - March to a Million Iowa Calls! - This is How we Win!

Sentinelrv
01-18-2016, 01:36 AM
We need to help the campaign spread this if we want to win outright. We need as many people making calls as possible to reach this goal!

http://www.tiny.cc/randmarch

Edit: Email this guy if your phone from home is not calling Iowa, they can divert your calls to Iowa ASAP.
bgrant@randpaul2016.com

A message from the campaign:

We are poised to shock the world in Iowa. With 1,025 precinct captains (more than any other campaign), 99 county chairs and 525,000 phone calls made, we have an organization in Iowa that is ready to win.

We need 27,000 votes to win Iowa. That's why we have launched our "March to a Million Iowa Calls."

We have seven target phone universes and we want to deliver 3-5 messages to each target universe in the next two weeks.

Would you help us do that? We believe that 1,000,000 phone calls into Iowa will be our shock and awe campaign and help us reach 27,000 votes. We only have two weeks to get this all done.

Would you sign up to help at this link: http://www.tiny.cc/randmarch

Time is short. The challenge is great. Our goal is just. Your time is needed.

Steve Grubbs

Chief Iowa Strategist

P.S. Please don't delay. We have to succeed in our March to a Million calls!

r3volution 3.0
01-18-2016, 01:44 AM
bump

jmdrake
01-18-2016, 01:48 PM
I signed up. I HATE making phone calls but I signed up. If you don't at least to your small little bit to help Rand win Iowa...well you just suck.

Sentinelrv
01-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Even if you're afraid of making phone calls, at least help spread it on social media so we can reach other people who might want to call.

Brett85
01-18-2016, 04:47 PM
I signed up. I HATE making phone calls but I signed up. If you don't at least to your small little bit to help Rand win Iowa...well you just suck.

I hate making phone calls as well but will sign up and try to make a few. I hope I get mostly answering machines. :)

Kotin
01-18-2016, 04:49 PM

same. but this really could make a significant difference

Brett85
01-18-2016, 05:08 PM
After watching the video I don't like how it looks like you have to ask numerous questions. I'm not sure how many people will actually want to talk on the phone for 10 minutes and answer all of those questions. I wish it were as simple as "do you support Rand?" Answer: "Yes I do." Response: "Good, please remember to show up to the caucus two weeks from today."

Kotin
01-18-2016, 05:59 PM
After watching the video I don't like how it looks like you have to ask numerous questions. I'm not sure how many people will actually want to talk on the phone for 10 minutes and answer all of those questions. I wish it were as simple as "do you support Rand?" Answer: "Yes I do." Response: "Good, please remember to show up to the caucus two weeks from today."

I would talk to some of the phoning staff volunteers and ask if its okay to shorten it and maybe ask their experience... they may have reasons that I cant think of as I know little about phonebanking.. but I see your point

jmdrake
01-18-2016, 06:06 PM

I ain't watched the video but I will tonight. I'm assuming the additional questions are to try to see if you can ferret out some fence sitters who might not yet have decided to support Rand but could be persuaded to do so?

eleganz
01-18-2016, 06:25 PM

Its literally just like 4 or 5 questions, its easy. Some will participate and some won't. They're still surveying and not doing GOTV.

Who is making calls today? I'm on the lines now, planning to do it till the end of the day and everyday till IA.

Crashland
01-18-2016, 06:28 PM
It can look intimidating at first but once you do some of them its extremely easy. You just follow the script. You're never going to have to speak with these people ever again in your whole life. They don't know who you are either. Nothing to lose, if you have time in your day to do this, DO IT! It really helps the campaign and other volunteers reach more people.

Brett85
01-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Its literally just like 4 or 5 questions, its easy. Some will participate and some won't. They're still surveying and not doing GOTV.

Who is making calls today? I'm on the lines now, planning to do it till the end of the day and everyday till IA.

So when it gets to be two or three days before the caucus will it transition to a get out the vote effort rather than asking people questions?

eleganz
01-18-2016, 10:25 PM
So when it gets to be two or three days before the caucus will it transition to a get out the vote effort rather than asking people questions?

Bingo! Though Im not sure exactly when the GOTV starts but I highly recommend everyone wake up early to help with the effort!!

I've been stuck on Nevada call lists for a while so I'm not sure if I'll ever get to call Iowans, hopefully on Caucus day they'll transition the entire national effort into one place...HOPEFULLY.......

Come on guys, last two weeks, I love this thread so much I made a donation.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $25.00
Transaction date/time: 01/19/2016
Transaction ID: 2VR79316GP1449400

CPUd
01-19-2016, 01:30 AM

Yes.

jmdrake
01-21-2016, 10:53 AM
We need to help the campaign spread this if we want to win outright. We need as many people making calls as possible to reach this goal!

http://www.tiny.cc/randmarch

Mods, please sticky this thread until after the Iowa Caucus. It's the most important thread on this forum right now.

ErinM
01-21-2016, 09:16 PM
I would talk to some of the phoning staff volunteers and ask if its okay to shorten it and maybe ask their experience... they may have reasons that I cant think of as I know little about phonebanking.. but I see your point

I think I know why they do it this way (I was told something similar when I volunteered in '12): If you outright identify yourself as calling on behalf of Rand Paul, the people who HATE getting phone calls/being bothered, or are pissed off that they have been called thousands of times already (as the residents of early caucus states do), they will then have a negative association with Rand Paul, and might be less-inclined to vote for him. Approaching it from as neutral a standpoint as possible is usually the best way to get more information from people -- it's valuable to know if someone is undecided or leaning one way or another -- and you might not get that information if you say you're a representative of a certain candidate.

eleganz
01-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Can the OP please put this email in the OP.

Email this guy if your phone from home is not calling Iowa, they can divert your calls to Iowa ASAP.
bgrant@randpaul2016.com

Sentinelrv
01-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Can the OP please put this email in the OP.

Email this guy if your phone from home is not calling Iowa, they can divert your calls to Iowa ASAP.
bgrant@randpaul2016.com

Done

ErinM
02-01-2016, 12:00 PM
I can't believe there are still so many people undecided on election day!?! 3/4 of the people who answered my phone calls in the past hour were considering Rand along with others (Trump, Rubio, Cruz). Are we supposed to be pitching to these people and trying to convince them?