PDA

View Full Version : After prisoner swap in Iran, I am Seeing Great Comments For Rand Paul.

AngryCanadian
01-16-2016, 09:10 PM
And a tip of the hat to Rand Paul for honesty: "“The other people onstage want to react strongly against anything Obama does, without considering the consequences of what they are saying.” (http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/266160-gop-candidates-hammer-obama-for-prisoner-swap)

erowe1
01-16-2016, 09:13 PM
Here's a rhetorical move I'd love to see Rand make.

Call the neocons who rail against opening up diplomacy with Iran "isolationists."

derek4ever
01-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Here's a rhetorical move I'd love to see Rand make.

Call the neocons who rail against opening up diplomacy with Iran "isolationists."

YUP! And also for those that oppose opening up diplomacy with other countries like Cuba! cough cough Rubio cough cough :D

Jonderdonk
01-16-2016, 09:32 PM
YUP! And also for those that oppose opening up diplomacy with other countries like Cuba! cough cough Rubio cough cough :D

THANK YOU! I've been saying for a while now that he needs to flip the isolationist label right back on Rubio, and "educate" him (and the American people) on the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism.

Feeding the Abscess
01-16-2016, 09:54 PM
THANK YOU! I've been saying for a while now that he needs to flip the isolationist label right back on Rubio, and "educate" him (and the American people) on the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism.

Rand rejects the non-interventionist label as well. He's used the isolationist line of attack a number of times, including in debates. Ron did, too.

CPUd
01-16-2016, 11:03 PM
Yes, he called Carly an isolationist in the CNN debate for not wanting to talk with Putin.

01-17-2016, 08:58 AM
So Iran is no longer the boogeyman and now IS is. Nothing really changed.

Rad
01-17-2016, 10:49 AM
That is a shrewd move. It is a good call to point out the ridiculousness of the scripted comments by his opponents. If he takes the truth of the situation in the Middle East and runs with it he can turn the tables on his scripted opponents. They are trying to sale wars for their bosses and are one dimensional because of that. They don't care about nuances and rely on people being ignorant so their chest thumping rhetoric appeals can get these lambs to support the wolves at the military industrial complex. His opponents have framed it so the US is allied with the Sunni terrorist sponsors.

luctor-et-emergo
01-17-2016, 11:09 AM

It's the "Reagan doctrine". That's how Rand categorizes his foreign policy.