PDA

View Full Version : Groundhog Day - Feb 2nd

Nyte
12-07-2007, 01:47 AM
I'd like to get some feedback on a project I've been considering:

We've got plenty of money bomb days, but what we really need is a day dedicated to raising awareness about the need for delegates and the need to be active in community projects and canvasing.

I recently registered the domain www.groundhogday08.com.

Here are some of the reasons why I think Feb 2nd would be a good Ron Paul day:

It's 3 days before Super Tuesday (Feb 5th).
It's a Saturday, and most people have more time to go canvasing.
Groundhog Day is easy to remember and easy to spell.
Almost everyone has seen the movie "Groundhog Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_yDWQsrajA)".
The movie has a positive message about trying to have one perfect day where you are selfless and work towards something greater than yourself.
The movie is funny and could help in the creation of some good viral advertising
If America doesn't wake up and get out from under the shadow of (the MSM / repressive government / something witty...) we'll be forced to live the same 4 years... over and over and over...

The site would prove links to state and county specific information on becoming a delegate. It would also links to Meetup groups and canvasing resources. It could also have links to website companies that offer RP signs and literature.

The site wouldn't ask for "money-bomb" donations, but obviously a link would be provided to ronpaul2008.com.

The site could collect email "pledges" of people dedicated to give one selfless day to doing everything they could in their community for that one critical day.

Periodic emails could go out highlighting new resources, and suggestions for successful canvasing strategies.

Please let me know what you think! I'd love to see what kind of support there is for a project like this.

If this is in the wrong place, let me know. Couldn't find a good spot for it over in the Grassroots Projects.

And, no, I'm not affiliated with Trevor. (Although I wouldn't mind the support ;) )

rajibo
12-07-2007, 01:50 AM
"Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?"

DirtMcGirt
12-07-2007, 02:00 AM
I like the community projects idea, I saw a video from Arkansas where a group of supporters were cleaning up the side of the highway with RP shirts on... got local media there

V-rod
12-07-2007, 03:40 AM
"Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High. I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing. Ned Ryerson, got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again. Ned Ryerson, I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple of times until you told me not to anymore? Well?"

I have missed you so much.

I don't know where you're headed, but can you call in sick? ;)

Nyte
12-07-2007, 11:38 AM
lol... ok, now how about some constructive replies. ;)

(not directed at you DirtMcGirt)

Nyte
12-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Still hoping to get some feedback on this.

Is this just something this community isn't interested in?

Jwaksman
12-08-2007, 11:32 PM
Money raised that late will be practically irrelevant. If you're going to donate money, donate it by the end of the quarter.

rory096
12-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Money raised that late will be practically irrelevant. If you're going to donate money, donate it by the end of the quarter.
He said it's not a moneybomb, it's a day to canvas and make a final push to convert people before Super Tuesday. I think it's a great idea.

Nyte
12-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Now that the big day is over, I'm going to bump this again and see if it sparks some additional discussion.

literatim
12-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Why do we need a specific day for this? Everyone should be doing this every single day. If people aren't canvasing every day you can, we will lose.

ronpaultag
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I think it's a good idea to have a single day for people to remember. Of course I think people should be spreading the message every single day but maybe on ground hog day go more out of your way to spread the word than you normally would.

Madison
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM
I actually think this would be the perfect day for the next money bomb.