PDA

View Full Version : FOX used polls from BEFORE Dec. debate to exclude Rand

JJ2
01-13-2016, 09:15 PM
Fox used two polls (6 total, since the oldest two were from the same period) from before the previous (December 15th) debate to exclude Rand! They were conducted December 7-10, 2015. See the Fox memo here: https://fnn.box.com/s/0cbkq4sqxeqbnq81d308p49flht47kct

One of the two was the Des Moines Register poll from December, which they are simply refusing to replace with the new January poll from the Des Moines Register.

Utterly corrupt.

This memo also proves, based on the list of polls they used, that Rand would have been in the debate if the Des Moines Register poll had been released on time!

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 09:30 PM
This pool just keeps getting dirtier and dirtier. I'm seriously ready to unleash Armageddon on the whole media and GOP establishment right now.

Joeinmo
01-13-2016, 09:33 PM
What does this mean? " Recency was determined by actual interview dates (not release date)."

Joeinmo
01-13-2016, 09:45 PM
So basically they are using old polling from before the last debate - I thought they had to be debate to debate

can anybody get the RNC rules on this

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 09:49 PM
So basically they are using old polling from before the last debate - I thought they had to be debate to debate

can anybody get the RNC rules on this

When has the RNC ever cared about its own rules? I've seen nothing to indicate this, particularly in the past 8 years.

Dianne
01-13-2016, 10:03 PM
I hope Rand leaves the Republicrats. We really need to refocus our energy to getting two parties to simply destroy the one party system we have now.

Joeinmo
01-13-2016, 10:03 PM
According to election law and this quote is from The Hill

"The RNC did not comment on thatcontention. But officials have noted during past controversies that election law mandates decisions about debate criteria rest solely with the networks."

what is the election law on debates?

accordimg to the US code

(b) Debate structure. The structure of debates staged in accordance with this section and 11 CFR 114.4(f) (https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/11/114.4#f) is left to the discretion of the staging organizations(s), provided that:
(1) Such debates include at least two candidates; and
(2) The staging organization(s) does not structure the debates to promote or advance one candidate over another.

Staging organizations aka networks cannot promote or advance one candidate over another and when reading I see where that includes pre- caucus, primary debates. What does that mean?

CPUd
01-13-2016, 10:08 PM
What does this mean? " Recency was determined by actual interview dates (not release date)."

Means the date range when the polls were conducted. They are what you see in the 'Date' column here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 10:08 PM
I hope Rand leaves the Republicrats. We really need to refocus our energy to getting two parties to simply destroy the one party system we have now.

He won't, at least not while he's still in the Senate. Frankly, I don't think that we need to even leave the Republican party in order to destroy the 2 party system, we just simply need to not settle for what is given to us when actually voting.

Joeinmo
01-13-2016, 10:20 PM

Joeinmo
01-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Means the date range when the polls were conducted. They are what you see in the 'Date' column here:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

So that basically means anything conducted and concluded by 1/10 should count like the Des Moines Register poll

CPUd
01-13-2016, 10:22 PM
Technically, they had to be conducted, concluded, released by 1/11 at 6PM.

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 11:28 PM
Technically, they had to be conducted, concluded, released by 1/11 at 6PM.

Yes, it's all about those peripheral technicalities that allows slimy people to ooze through the cracks.

CPUd
01-13-2016, 11:50 PM
I didn't look enough to know if it matters, but per their press release about the debate placement, FBN were also counting selective demographics from some of the polls for the average, not necessarily the "top line" numbers. Republicans, RV, Indys leaning Repub.

Liberty74
01-14-2016, 04:18 AM

What I have been saying for YEARS.

Run Indy Rand. Screw the establishments.

KEEF
01-14-2016, 05:15 AM
I didn't look enough to know if it matters, but per their press release about the debate placement, FBN were also counting selective demographics from some of the polls for the average, not necessarily the "top line" numbers. Republicans, RV, Indys leaning Repub.
i.e. Only include the demographic of people polled who still give W a 100% approval rating, think a terrorist is hiding underneath every American's bed, and want to see every bit of sand (with the exception of Isreal) glow.

moraha
01-14-2016, 08:39 AM
Has anybody broken down the math on the polls they used? And were there really only 5 polls released for Iowa since the last debate?

rg17
01-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Rand should run third party!