PDA

View Full Version : Earn $0.05 per call you make/receive for the campaign

afmatt
12-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Howdy Guys,
Just put up a new web page that is DEFINITELY in it's infant stages at http://callbomb.com/ and would appreciate some feedback on what you guys think.

The basic deal is that you can get paid for calls you receive - so why not leverage our large amounts of people to earn some easy money for the campaign? :)

More info at http://callbomb.com/

Thanks!

Matt

gerryb
12-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Howdy Guys,
Just put up a new web page that is DEFINITELY in it's infant stages at http://callbomb.com/ and would appreciate some feedback on what you guys think.

The basic deal is that you can get paid for calls you receive - so why not leverage our large amounts of people to earn some easy money for the campaign? :)

More info at http://callbomb.com/

Thanks!

Matt

Your plan is a little bit unethical. The service is meant for people calling you to actually listen to the advertisement.

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Your plan is a little bit unethical. The service is meant for people calling you to actually listen to the advertisement.

Certainly - and we WILL listen to the ad - if you don't listen to the ad (IE you hang up) then you don't get paid for the call. Feel free to check out the TOS for BRRING at http://www.brring.com/tos.php

devil21
12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
Spam?

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Spam?

lol - spam? You're accusing me of spam? There is no spam here - just floating an idea, I could understand being accused of spam if I included an affiliate URL but I assure you I have not - not in this post and not on callbomb.com either.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 02:16 AM
So...

1. I set up an account with this company and they give me a new/additional phone number.

2. I give this number to people I know.

3. When they call this number to get a hold of me, they hear an 10 second or so ad.

4. After hearing the ad, the company calls me and connects us both.

5. I get 0.05 for every person who calls me.

is this right....I was reading the site and that is how I understand it.

So what you want to do is create a web site so we can post our numbers and call each other all day and listen to ads to raise money???

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:23 AM
So...

1. I set up an account with this company and they give me a new/additional phone number.

2. I give this number to people I know.

3. When they call this number to get a hold of me, they hear an 10 second or so ad.

4. After hearing the ad, the company calls me and connects us both.

5. I get 0.05 for every person who calls me.

is this right....I was reading the site and that is how I understand it.

So what you want to do is create a web site so we can post our numbers and call each other all day and listen to ads to raise money???

Thats the plan - the idea would be to have say 10-20 numbers live at once and once they are up for X amount of days or they let us know they have reached the amount of cash they need to max out we remove them and add someone from a waiting list. Seems like a great way for someone that has a cell phone but a lack of cash to donate to the campaign to use up some minutes to me :D

I'm off for the night guys - will answer any questions tomorrow sometime. Got to get SOME sleep before work. ;)

Matt

RonPaulCult
12-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Is this legal to use brrring like this?

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:29 AM
Is this legal to use brrring like this?

http://www.brring.com/tos.php

Look their TOS over if you like - I don't see what would be illegal about it.
Some of their TOS is below (bold added by me)

1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE AND LIMITATIONS
As part of the Beta Test: * Brring! will assign to You a new telephone number (the "Brring! Number"), at Brring!'s expense;
* You will associate the Brring! Number with an existing telephone number that already belongs to You (Your "Private Number"), the cost of which You will continue to pay;
* You will share Your Brring! Number with people who wish to telephone You;
* When people call You on Your Brring! Number, they will hear a short commercial message (typically less than 10 seconds) and then the ringback tone of Your choice while the call is connected;
* The call will be forwarded to Your Private Number and the communication shall proceed as if the caller had dialed Your Private Number directly (the "Service"). Your access to the Service is for developmental purposes only and is given to You, individually, and not any business or employer with which You're associated. You will be compensated for using the Service, only as described at www.brring.com/p_earn.php.
Alright - I swear I'm actually going to sleep this time...

devil21
12-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Im sure there's no personal incentive (commission) for you afmatt, right?

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Im sure there's no personal incentive (commission) for you afmatt, right?

None whatsoever - I HAVE an affiliate link that I could use to earn $$ off of this but I have abstained from using it ANYWHERE in this project as it may look like I'm just trying to make a buck off of this.

devil21
12-07-2007, 02:37 AM
How easy is it to redeem these .05 cent calls for real money to donate to Ron Paul's campaign? Ive signed up in the past a few "earn money doing XXXX" programs and found that redeeming is a whole lot harder than earning...

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 02:44 AM
I have read every word of that site......

...this is doable.

We would have to be able to lists time frames that we would be available to answer calls on the site so others would not just be calling random numbers.

I can see it now....I get home from work and get on the site and look for a number that is accepting calls at that time. I would call, listen to an ad and be connected with a Ron Paul supporter. I would say "Go Ron Paul" and hang up. That person would earn 0.05..just like that.

Of course, we would never be making calls whithin the time frame we posted to receive calls.

This is very doable. I could do this for 15-20 minutes a day.

The site would have to be very organized though.

WAIT.....
We would have people signing up that are not Ron Paul supporters trying to get people to call them so they would make money.

....we would have anyone who uses this service signing up on this site.

Now that I think about it....i think this will fail.

:(

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:46 AM
How easy is it to redeem these .05 cent calls for real money to donate to Ron Paul's campaign? Ive signed up in the past a few "earn money doing XXXX" programs and found that redeeming is a whole lot harder than earning...

you request a check, they mail it out - from the guy that told me about this it takes about a week to get paid. Of course we run the risk of them making a run but I know of at least 3 folks that have been paid by these guys (and not chump change)
What the heck - seems to me like the small risk of no return is worth the work of making a few phone calls a day.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 02:48 AM
We would have to trade numbers privately...through PM's or something.

...Partner up...spend 15-20 minutes calling each other back and forth...

afmatt
12-07-2007, 02:49 AM
I have read every word of that site......

...this is doable.

We would have to be able to lists time frames that we would be available to answer calls on the site so others would not just be calling random numbers.

I can see it now....I get home from work and get on the site and look for a number that is accepting calls at that time. I would call, listen to an ad and be connected with a Ron Paul supporter. I would say "Go Ron Paul" and hang up. That person would earn 0.05..just like that.

Of course, we would never be making calls whithin the time frame we posted to receive calls.

This is very doable. I could do this for 15-20 minutes a day.

The site would have to be very organized though.

WAIT.....
We would have people signing up that are not Ron Paul supporters trying to get people to call them so they would make money.

....we would have anyone who uses this service signing up on this site.

Now that I think about it....i think this will fail.

:(

Yep - you hit the hard thing on the head - leechers. I'm thinking that before adding someone to the site that I would have to put a restriction on who can signup. Possibly run a mini background check on folks with a meetup leader or have them sign\fax in a document pledging their $$ to ron paul. I'm open to suggestions on that point.

EDIT - WAIT! Invite only could work - hook up all the meetup leaders with invites and let it spread from there - whatcha think?

devil21
12-07-2007, 02:49 AM
you request a check, they mail it out - from the guy that told me about this it takes about a week to get paid. Of course we run the risk of them making a run but I know of at least 3 folks that have been paid by these guys (and not chump change)
What the heck - seems to me like the small risk of no return is worth the work of making a few phone calls a day.

Eh, whatever. Your plan sketches me out. I won't do it. To anyone else, YMMV and good luck with that.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Yep - you hit the hard thing on the head - leechers. I'm thinking that before adding someone to the site that I would have to put a restriction on who can signup. Possibly run a mini background check on folks with a meetup leader or have them sign\fax in a document pledging their $$ to ron paul. I'm open to suggestions on that point.

EDIT - WAIT! Invite only could work - hook up all the meetup leaders with invites and let it spread from there - whatcha think?

EDIT: --- Now the meet up group thing is a possibility..... I'll wait and see what other think tomorrow....sleep on it...:)

I use to do a lot of bounty advertising/ pyramid schemes when I was younger.

I know that this is not like that, but some dismiss things before reading the sites and it may be hard to get people interested.

Bounty advertising is where you and another person make a deal and you give them a link and they complete and offer(Video professor) for a small price($25). I would get a credit and pay then back there $25. After 15 credits i got paid $599 and for doing the offer..they got their own link to get other people to do offers so they could get credits..

...made about $5000 in two months....good times....it was all set up on forums....

This is not that different....we just are going to have trouble filtering out the non Paul supporters....

I have heard of this phone calls for money before and have read the site....I know that it is legit. In fact there are more companies of you look around that do this.

.....I don't know....People are not going to want to give any info up except to the phone company, so trying to filter out leeches will be impossible...

I'm going to have to vote this down buddy.....unless we make it private and buddy /pair up on this site via PM and trade numbers. We then can set times with our partner and call each other back and forth for 15-20min every day to raise each other money.

.....I think that is the only way I will do this.....

rfbz
12-07-2007, 04:38 AM
I'm skeptical. This brring.com website is being spammed ALL over various message boards just within the past 30 days. Not saying it's not legit though...

Looks like it was started by some students at Harvard

http://www.thecrimson.com/printerfriendly.aspx?ref=516877

Stefan
12-07-2007, 05:07 AM
If I understand this correctly:

I get home, go to my telephone, make calls for 30 minutes (might be able to do 30 calls in that time) and then I get paid 0,05$ per call?

So if I'm able to make one call every minute I'd make: 60 calls*0,05$=3$ per hour...

I'd say that there are more effective ways of making money...

rfbz
12-07-2007, 05:12 AM
From what I've read stefan, you give your number out to people, and then when they call you, they first hear a 10 second ad and you make 5 cents. I went searching around about this online and theres people posting their phone numbers on craigslist personal ads to get people to call them to make 5 cents. Pretty sad actually. I agree, better ways to make money.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 05:14 AM
...yes, after long thought...I'm passing on this...

troyd1
12-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Maybe a Ron Paul donation receipt.

troyd1
12-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Also, this may be great for college students.

afmatt
12-07-2007, 08:13 AM
If I understand this correctly:

I get home, go to my telephone, make calls for 30 minutes (might be able to do 30 calls in that time) and then I get paid 0,05$ per call?

So if I'm able to make one call every minute I'd make: 60 calls*0,05$=3$ per hour...

I'd say that there are more effective ways of making money...

More effective? Yes, the more effective way would be for everyone to go get a part time job and donate that cash to Ron Paul. But some of us can't do that - and if we get just 2,000 of folks making just 10-20 calls a day thats an extra $1,000-$2,000 going into the campaign every day.

afmatt
12-07-2007, 09:28 AM
///

afmatt
12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
afternoon bump - any other opinions?