PDA

View Full Version : Mike Rothfeld out at C4L?

NewRightLibertarian
01-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Here is the supposed scoop from Target Liberty. URL is here: hxxp://www.targetliberty.com/2016/01/attention-all-libertarians-your-inboxes.html

Just days before Rand Paul learned that he would not make the primary stage for the FOX Business News presidential debate this Thursday, Target Liberty has learned that he fired the Machiavellian pro-war email maestro Mike Rothfeld.

Rothfeld is probably single handily responsible for Rand and Ron supporters being deluged with spam contribution email solicitation requests at the rate of one every five minutes.

He will not be missed by the hardcore, principled anti-war libertarians, nor by those Paul supporters that were required to upgrade to larger email storage capacity because of Rothfeld spam.

Here's a bit of Rothfeld political philosophy that dhe shared in an email to insiders some time ago:
So tough shit for poor RP sheeple that can get it through their heads that Ron does NOT command a majority of virtually any demographic.
And I don't believe in electing people of "integrity."
I believe in forcing integrity by having overwhelming numbers.
Sorry for tone, but I am a bit tired of the cwazy wabbits.

Rothfeld got paid big bucks for providing this type of advice to the Pauls. During the 2012 presidential race alone, Ron Paul's campaign paid Rothfeld more than $7.6 million.

I haven't been able to find anything else confirming this. Robert Wenzel is a notorious critic of Rothfeld, C4L and Rand Paul so I don't know if he can trusted with his mysterious sources. Just wondering if Collins or someone else who is somewhat 'in the know' can confirm or deny this report. If it's true, I have mixed feelings about it.

Matt Collins
01-13-2016, 09:03 PM
This is actually old news... of several months...

I think the departure was mutual though. Rothfeld didn't feel like Rand was pulling his weight, and Rothfeld was butting heads with some of Rand's team (Vincent and the other ex-Rauiner guys). There is more to the story but I won't go into it.

On the other points in the above piece....

The amount he made off of the campaign was gross, not net. Assuming a 10% net, that would only be $760,000... and he has a lot of overhead with staff, office etc. Also keep in mind that he raised money more than what carried his own weight.

Regarding the lawsuit, he is correct, Ron simply didn't have the amount of votes necessary to win.

And finally, his point about integrity needs to be translated from Rothfeld speak for those who know him and understand what he was really saying.... he doesn't care if politicians have integrity or not, he cares that he can make them do the right thing or face the consequences. Politicians at their core are Pavlovian dogs who will do whatever is best for themselves.

Matt Collins
01-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Oh and yes Wenzel is a psychotic asshole.

Badger Paul
01-13-2016, 10:55 PM
"Just days before Rand Paul learned that he would not make the primary stage for the FOX Business News presidential debate this Thursday, Target Liberty has learned that he fired the Machiavellian pro-war email maestro Mike Rothfeld."

Good-bye and good riddance.! The guy was a parasite on all of us. At least I can donate to the campaign and know I'm not paying for his f'ing yacht.

NewRightLibertarian
01-13-2016, 11:21 PM
I don't know about Rothfeld's email fund-raising techniques. I didn't like them and have heard countless complaints about them. But his political tactics and training sessions were on point for the most part. I do hope that Rand surrounds himself with more liberty-orientated guys in the future though.

aclove
01-14-2016, 05:25 AM
This article sounds like he's no longer running direct mail and fundraising for Rand Paul 2016, but I see no evidence here suggesting he's no longer working for C4L. Can anyone clarify?

NewRightLibertarian
01-14-2016, 01:08 PM
This article sounds like he's no longer running direct mail and fundraising for Rand Paul 2016, but I see no evidence here suggesting he's no longer working for C4L. Can anyone clarify?

I would like a clarification on this as well.

devil21
01-21-2016, 05:21 AM
I hope this is true. That guy has been robbing liberty supporters for entirely too long already.