PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul asks Fox Business to include new poll and let him into Thursday debate

libertyplz
01-13-2016, 11:06 AM
Rand spoke to Dave Weigel.

Yet Paul, who has been on a media tear since announcing he would boycott anything but the main-stage debate, told MSNBC this morning that the network and the Republican National Committee "should be counting the Des Moines Register poll." In his later interview with The Washington Post, Paul said the discussions had already begun.

"The Republican Party is the most important link here," he said. "The party has worked for six months to push people off the stage. If the Republican Party wants to expand its appeal, it's going to need to attract libertarian-ish leaning voters. If it tries to push liberty voters out, by being disenfranchised or by limiting the debates, there are big risks in doing that. There are a lot of close races around the country where we're going to need those voters."

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/13/rand-paul-asks-fox-business-to-include-new-poll-and-let-him-into-thursday-debate/

CPUd
01-13-2016, 11:07 AM
I doubt they are going to budge on it, and it works in his favor for them not to.

timosman
01-13-2016, 11:11 AM
I doubt they are going to budge on it, and it works in his favor for them not to.

That's why they will budge and declare Paul a prima donna.

libertyplz
01-13-2016, 11:14 AM

Yea, I have mixed thoughts on it. On one hand I would like to see him there, but on another Rand has gotten more attention out of this than almost anything else he has done through this campaign cycle. It also seemed to fire many people up.

timosman
01-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Yea, I have mixed thoughts on it. On one hand I would like to see him there, but on another Rand has gotten more attention out of this than almost anything else he has done through this campaign cycle. It also seemed to fire many people up.

I think Paul got as much as he could out of this debacle. There is no downside to him being included now. The cat is out of the bag.

kbs021
01-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Either way we are doing VERY well right now.. Media exposure is high, fundraising is good, the base is pissed! No matter what happens, the momentum is on our side!

SilentBull
01-13-2016, 11:28 AM
I think Paul got as much as he could out of this debacle. There is no downside to him being included now. The cat is out of the bag.

I agree. The best thing that can happen now is that they let him in. Anyone who claims they let him in only because he whined can be very easily corrected. This poll was conducted and finished before the cutoff. You don't try to destroy a candidate's campaign because someone decided to sit on the poll for a couple of days.

01-13-2016, 11:29 AM
IMO they will cave and let him on the stage.

65fastback2+2
01-13-2016, 11:32 AM
I think they cave too

timosman
01-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Do not forget to call and thank them for including Rand. In fact you can start doing it now. FBN and GOP.

libertyplz
01-13-2016, 11:35 AM
IMO they will cave and let him on the stage.

We will see! Rand has been all over the place, tv and radio, blasting the media and party. Also seeing lots of supporters and those sympathizing with Rand making their voices heard online. At the very least it has fired many people up

Crashland
01-13-2016, 11:43 AM
If Rand gets on the stage he had better take some time to blast the hell out of the polling gameshow, and the media.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2016, 12:06 PM

Valli6
01-13-2016, 12:16 PM
I saw Rand's interview with Scarborough this morning and he didn't "ask" for anything.
He simply stated the facts regarding the poll(s), said they needed to re-evaluate the information and said they'd been in contact.

By the way, Scarborough agreed with Rand and asked him whose fault he thought it was - the media or the RNC?
Rand answered it was the RNC, so this all just comes off as more evidence of who the real outsider is.

Sandemanian
01-13-2016, 12:19 PM
They won't cave. They don't want to look like CNN which caved on Fiorina.

jllundqu
01-13-2016, 12:21 PM
Rand should make as much hay out of this as press allows. Whether he makes it into the debate after this is largely moot. Getting the 'blackout' press is as good as gold for an 'insurgent' campaign

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Rand should make as much hay out of this as press allows. Whether he makes it into the debate after this is largely moot. Getting the 'blackout' press is as good as gold for an 'insurgent' campaign

yeah one interview on a major network is going to be more time than he gets in the debates anyway. but can play out two ways, people think he's being a brat, or people think he's right and the media suck

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 12:25 PM
I'm actually hoping that they cave and let Rand into the debate, but my gut tells me that they won't just to poke Rand and all of us in the eyes. I could be wrong about this, but I am literally starting to think that Fox Business and the RNC are dumb enough to continue kicking this hornet's nest. I'm actually not sure what would be better, us being in the debates or not, this debacle has definitely taken care of a number of fence-sitter issues we've been having this cycle.

EBounding
01-13-2016, 12:30 PM
Even if they let Rand into the debate, the "damage" is done. Rand will be portrayed as the only candidate who can't compete with the others, which is exactly what the RNC wants.

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-13-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm actually hoping that they cave and let Rand into the debate, but my gut tells me that they won't just to poke Rand and all of us in the eyes. I could be wrong about this, but I am literally starting to think that Fox Business and the RNC are dumb enough to continue kicking this hornet's nest. I'm actually not sure what would be better, us being in the debates or not, this debacle has definitely taken care of a number of fence-sitter issues we've been having this cycle.
if they care about republicans winning which I'm not sure if they do they would include Rand.

LifeLibertyPursuit
01-13-2016, 12:33 PM
I see win win proposition for Rand. Smart move. Either way, the establishment will piss off liberty lovers further by denial whi h builds further support or Rand is allowed and he goes unchained at the debate as he goes off on media and the establishment which grows his support.

mit26chell
01-13-2016, 12:35 PM
Does anyone else think it's better if Rand is not there? Can you imagine what his first question would be if they have to buckle? Would he even get a question?

SilentBull
01-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Even if they let Rand into the debate, the "damage" is done. Rand will be portrayed as the only candidate who can't compete with the others, which is exactly what the RNC wants.

No, because the polls are off. Rand will surge in the polls very soon if the pollsters don't want to be embarrassed.

JJ2
01-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Rand and Bush are exactly tied for 5th at 4.2% in the 5 Iowa polls released in January (throwing out PPP which FBN probably does not use anyway).

All of those poll were conducted by January 10.

Thus, he meets their own criteria.

francisco
01-13-2016, 01:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8RCQDDsMpU

Kotin
01-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Daily Show appearance tonight is well-timed.. let's bring this to a fever pitch.

limequat
01-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Daily Show appearance tonight is well-timed.. let's bring this to a fever pitch.

Ted no vote on Audit the Fed
Audit the Fed shut down by Dems (fucking hypocrite Warren)
Fox debate rigging

People are pissed.

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 01:40 PM
if they care about republicans winning which I'm not sure if they do they would include Rand.

Fox couldn't care less who controls the government, they hedge their bets with both parties, hence all the money they've sent to Hillary Clinton's campaign. The people who run Fox and Fox Business are exactly like Donald Trump, they can't be bought because they are the ones doing all the buying. The RNC probably wants Republicans to win, but they are willing to lose and keep democrats in power if they have to put up liberty candidates. The RNC absolutely despises the liberty movement, and I don't see that changing as long as Reince Priebus is in charge.

If we don't pull this out and despite putting up a good fight Rand doesn't get the nomination, the fall back plan should definitely be to get Reince Priebus out of power and to clean out all of the vermin in the GOP's national committee, way too many warmongers and big government corporate fascists there.

bierdegarde
01-13-2016, 01:41 PM
How many times has Trump complained about being treated unfairly? And his numbers rise.

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 02:01 PM
How many times has Trump complained about being treated unfairly? And his numbers rise.

He's never been treated unfairly, and the amount of media coverage he gets is why his numbers rise. The people being polled are moronic zombies who believe everything they see on televised news, and one of the biggest whoppers that they've swallowed is the notion that Donald Trump is something other than a Democratic plant doing a favor for the Clintons.

Being treated unfairly is not being mentioned hardly ever by the media and when being mentioned, always in a dismissive manner. Rand is the one being treated unfairly, Trump is simply a stage performer with a very helpful producer.

Bruehound
01-13-2016, 02:29 PM
If we really want to teach the RNC a lesson we should have the LP run Ron Paul. Imagine how huge that would be.

LibertyEagle
01-13-2016, 02:43 PM
If we really want to teach the RNC a lesson we should have the LP run Ron Paul. Imagine how huge that would be.

Huge how?

r3volution 3.0
01-13-2016, 03:08 PM
It's a win-win.

They let him in, he gets the press associated with the debate, and he's rightly perceived as having fought the media/party and won.

They don't, the base gets even more righteously pissed and energized.

I'm actually not sure which I prefer.

...selfishly, I suppose I hope they don't let him in, as then I won't have the watching the stupid fucking thing. :)

Kotin
01-13-2016, 03:09 PM
https://www.gop.com/contact-us/

https://twitter.com/Reince

contact the GOP and tweet at Reince Priebus to LET RAND DEBATE!!!!!!

r3volution 3.0
01-13-2016, 03:10 PM

That would be a good way to ensure that Rand doesn't win the nomination and that the Paul name is blackballed forever in GOP circles..

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 03:26 PM
That would be a good way to ensure that Rand doesn't win the nomination and that the Paul name is blackballed forever in GOP circles..

True, plus the fact that it'll never happen. Ron Paul is in retirement, he's not coming out, and I'm glad for him, he's done enough for the movement already and he's still doing a lot via independent media.

jbauer
01-13-2016, 07:16 PM

Talk him into it. I'm sooooooooo game!!!

jbauer
01-13-2016, 07:18 PM

Cuz it's not already?

hells_unicorn
01-13-2016, 07:20 PM
Cuz it's not already?

Nobody has even voted yet. Save this stuff for after Rand declaring his candidacy over and the GOP nominating someone else.