PDA

View Full Version : Henry Kravis makes $51,369 PER HOUR. You pay more taxes.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 01:16 AM
This bothered me so much I had to post it ....in the other section of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8RsFwsODzE

It is just so wrong....

rodent
12-07-2007, 05:03 AM
This bothered me so much I had to post it ....in the other section of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8RsFwsODzE

It is just so wrong....

This doesn't bother me that much. Kravis created the infrastructure and has skills those lower-class workers don't have. The correct solution is to not tax any of them, including Kravis.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 05:09 AM
This doesn't bother me that much. Kravis created the infrastructure and has skills those lower-class workers don't have. The correct solution is to not tax any of them, including Kravis.

That is what I was hoping this board would get out of it.

The focus for me is the tax issue in that video, not his wealth.

The taxes should be cut across the board, not just some who lobby to keep loopholes specifically tailored to them.

rodent
12-07-2007, 05:16 AM
That is what I was hoping this board would get out of it.

The focus for me is the tax issue in that video, not his wealth.

The taxes should be cut across the board, not just some who lobby to keep loopholes specifically tailored to them.

There's probably some spin in there. Kravis might take a company that is a little overweight, lighten it up, overcome the cost of interest, and make the company leaner and more efficient.

The video makes it sound like the guy just goes in, lays people off, and sells the company. I don't think he could turn around and sell those companies unless other funds on the markets didn't see some return on them. If he has to employ 500k people, he alone has created several jobs.

xexkxex
12-07-2007, 05:18 AM
There's probably some spin in there. Kravis might take a company that is a little overweight, lighten it up, overcome the cost of interest, and make the company leaner and more efficient.

The video makes it sound like the guy just goes in, lays people off, and sells the company. I don't think he could turn around and sell those companies unless other funds on the markets didn't see some return on them. If he has to employ 500k people, he alone has created several jobs.

Very true. Spin is used by all sides.

Either way...did you see those houses!!! Figggin' sweeeet!!!:D:)

rodent
12-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Very true. Spin is used by all sides.

Either way...did you see those houses!!! Figggin' sweeeet!!!:D:)

Yeah, that kind of stuff gives me hope. My only concern is that the markets might not be so fair and not let me have access to the same sorts of deals Kravis has access to.