PDA

View Full Version : New Here From the Daily Paul

Old No. 7
01-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Upon first glance this looks to be a well constructed and informative forum. Looks like I should've signed up here years ago. The DP/PL was great but sometimes the conspiracy theories were a bit too much for me, even though I do love a good conspiracy theory. I look forward to meeting more like minded people here.

Just looking for some advice as to the dos, don'ts, tips, and tricks for getting the most out of this place.

Kotin
01-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Welcome!! Check the forum guidelines for the basics but just be courteous and respectful even in disagreement and you are mostly golden.

jct74
01-11-2016, 06:21 AM
#1 tip is to use New Posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post) and Today's Posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?do=getdaily) to keep up with everything, instead of navigating to all the different forums. There are a lot of other cool features new to DP/PL users that you will pick up on by digging into the various settings/menus, but this is the most important thing. Welcome to the forums.

Ronin Truth
01-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Welcome. ;)

Enjoy! :)

Sola_Fide
01-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Welcome. We start our own conspiracy theories here too.

jllundqu
01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
#1 Tip for newbies...

Avoid the "Peace Thru Religion" sub like the plague... there is no peace to be found there.

heavenlyboy34
01-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Welcome, y'all. :) ~hugs~ RPFs has its share of kooky posters, but they're usually easy to avoid.

there is no peace to be found there.
Well, there is a little bit of peace. Once you know the un-peaceful characters who should be avoided, there are some interesting articles and convo to be found :)

jllundqu
01-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Upon first glance this looks to be a well constructed and informative forum. Looks like I should've signed up here years ago. The DP/PL was great but sometimes the conspiracy theories were a bit too much for me, even though I do love a good conspiracy theory. I look forward to meeting more like minded people here.

Just looking for some advice as to the dos, don'ts, tips, and tricks for getting the most out of this place.

Old #7 eh? I'm a Kentucky bourbon man, myself. Woodford Reserve and Maker's 46 are my first choice after a long hard Monday at work...

CaptUSA
01-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Old #7 eh? I'm a Kentucky bourbon man, myself. Woodford Reserve and Maker's 46 are my first choice after a long hard Monday at work...I'm a Buffalo Trace man, myself. Blanton's, Col. Taylor, Eagle Rare, and of course Elmer T. Lee if I can find it.

Welcome to the forums, #7!

RicheyG
01-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Welcome.. I'm also here from the DailyPaul...

after researching .. I've come to the conclusion that conspiracies are real. Just have to eat the meat and spit out the bones.

ChristianAnarchist
01-11-2016, 01:33 PM

Welcome. I've been on both for over 6 years. I'm sorry to see DP/PL go especially since I can't find any way to "extract" my posts from those sites for my own use other than click on each one (not gonna do it...).

What was your username there? Mine is the same here as there.

euphemia
01-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Welcome. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Old No. 7
01-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Welcome. I've been on both for over 6 years. I'm sorry to see DP/PL go especially since I can't find any way to "extract" my posts from those sites for my own use other than click on each one (not gonna do it...).

What was your username there? Mine is the same here as there.

I was Oldno7JDC originally but changed it to No.7.

Thanks for all the welcome messages. Glad to be here.

Old No. 7
01-11-2016, 07:16 PM
I keep a bottle of single barrel stashed away for occasions. I usually just drink a few Miller Lites and burn up an offering when I need to unwind.

My first and middle names are Jack Daniel and I'm from Tennessee so naturally Old No. 7 has always appealed to me as a cool user name.