PDA

View Full Version : John Birch Society

Esor
12-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I don't hear much talk about these guys! I'm giving them a round of applause.
http://www.jbs.org

Also check out their magazine:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/

They are true supporters of the message!

Derek Johnson
12-07-2007, 12:20 AM
JBS rocks!

NewEnd
12-07-2007, 12:20 AM
I was a member... long long time ago.... msotly because I was sent to a JBS day camp when I was 13.

akovacs
12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Unfortunately they are given the "kook" label now

NewEnd
12-07-2007, 12:22 AM

Once they were very mainstream too.

xd9fan
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM

You mean "kook" as in todays limited Govt types;)

JosephTheLibertarian
12-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I don't see what is wrong with JBS

Henry
12-07-2007, 12:37 AM
You mean "kook" as in todays limited Govt types;)

Or reinforcing the pillars of the constitutional.

paulitics
12-07-2007, 12:51 AM

In other words they gave up on trying to infiltrate them, and when that doesn't work just call them kooks.

NoxTwilight
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Over half our meetup members are members of the JBS and they are very involved in constitutional activism and trying to keep our freedoms and national sovereignty intact. They are a natural match with Ron Paul and I think most of them will vote for him.

noztnac
12-07-2007, 01:12 AM
If they are kooks I'm a kook I guess.

shane2
12-07-2007, 02:05 AM
When I was a goofy teenage sophomore back in the very early 70's, everybody was 'into' some 'cause' or another, especially if you wanted to have something to brag to girls about, other than 'your sign'. So, I was kinda trolling around checking out the anti-war movement, civil rights movement, and the whole new 'earth day' environmental movement, ect., though nothing had really struck my fancy.

Anyways, right at that crucial time, at the NY State Fair of all places, I stumbled across a booth there where guys were actually giving out free books to anybody that visited with them a bit, liked that right away being a voracious reader, and it turned out to be the JBS, which I'd never heard of.

Went home that day with a copy of 'None Dare Call It Conspiracy' and have been cured ever since of the liberal media BS and 'stinkin thinkin' so many others, less fortunate, are forever mired in and blinded by.

Thank God for the JBS pointing me in the right direction early on!

- Shane

TheNewYorker
12-07-2007, 02:19 AM
There's this die hard liberal I've been arguing about Ron Paul with. He keeps saying Ron Paul is racist because he's backed by the JBS, who is also racist. Well according to him.

Stupid liberals.

Oh yeah, this same liberal is white, and says it's okay for blacks to commit hate crimes vs whites because they deserve payback. This guy is the biggest bleeding heart liberal I've ever seen. Not surprising he would call Ron Paul racist.

LibertyEagle
12-07-2007, 02:21 AM
There's this die hard liberal I've been arguing about Ron Paul with. He keeps saying Ron Paul is racist because he's backed by the JBS, who is also racist. Well according to him.

That's interesting, he probably ought to tell the African-American JBS members. :rolleyes:

Chester Copperpot
12-07-2007, 02:31 AM
I don't see what is wrong with JBS

I dont have a real problem with them either though when I have attended some meetups with them present they seem to be focused on improving their own membership....Theyre not bad, but I still say the most loyal outside group to RP is Restore the Republic/Aaron Russo...

The only thing I can say about their kook thing is back in the 50s their leader accused Dwight Eisenhower of being a communist or something like that and I think ever since that theyve gotten perhaps an undeserved reputation...

shane2
12-07-2007, 02:36 AM
This guy is the biggest bleeding heart liberal I've ever seen.It's hard give up on some folks, the challenge of it and all, but sometimes it's just better to forget those hard cases as the same time/money/energy expended elsewhere might could enlighten a dozen others more open-minded instead.

- Shane

NewEnd
12-07-2007, 03:10 AM
I kind of quit the JBS thing, becaus ethey thought everythign was a communist conspiracy...

..rock music, homosexuality... well, at least some of the counselors who gave classes did.

FuriousGe0rge
12-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I kind of quit the JBS thing, becaus ethey thought everythign was a communist conspiracy...

..rock music, homosexuality... well, at least some of the counselors who gave classes did.

There's a few conspiracies that actually employ reason and in some cases, strong evidence, but a lot of JBS members have the right idea.

RPFTW!
12-07-2007, 07:39 PM
JBS looks awesome. I plan to join one of these days.