PDA

View Full Version : DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz Opposes Legal Cannabis, Cites Heroin Epidemic

BarryDonegan
01-07-2016, 01:15 PM
http://truthinmedia.com/dnc-chair-wasserman-schultz-opposes-legal-pot/

Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, for whom alcohol companies are a top-five political donor, said that she opposes marijuana legalization because she feels it might lead more people down the road to heroin abuse.

Dr.3D
01-07-2016, 01:37 PM
If she thinks marijuana is heroin, she's pretty ignorant and should get herself an education. It's more like she is listening to those who are lobbying against legalization so they can sell more of their own medicine.

I'm damned tired of hearing about what might happen and would be more interested in hearing what did happen. With her kind of thinking, it's best not to get up in the morning because you might break a law you didn't know about.

Spikender
01-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Wonder if she's trying to shill for those alcohol companies. Thing is, a lot of people who smoke weed drink plenty too so I don't see why it would matter to them.

And sure, smoke a few joints one day, overdose on heroin the next. Common sense slippery slop notafallacy logic.

Occam's Banana
01-07-2016, 02:14 PM
With her kind of thinking, it's best not to get up in the morning because you might break a law you didn't know about.

There ain't no "might" about it.

And it's the job of Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the Democrats (and Reince Priebus and the Republicans) to make damn sure it stays that way ...

luctor-et-emergo
01-07-2016, 02:21 PM
http://img.fark.net/images/cache/850/H/Hq/fark_Hq9hdLR2NZaxgw3fReUXHE4f2Ho.jpg?t=NJn7Vsjx_KP SwX1Hj9nXuA&f=1452488400

Dr.3D
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Well, as my dad used to say, "I'm darned tired of being protected from myself."

Occam's Banana
01-07-2016, 02:55 PM
http://reho.st/https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYzD29DIMAEupIA.jpg

ZENemy
01-07-2016, 03:31 PM

:eek:

ZENemy
01-07-2016, 03:32 PM
perhaps we should stop allowing our soldiers to protect the poppy fields first?

thoughtomator
01-07-2016, 03:37 PM
DWS looks like the "after" pictures on those "don't do meth" ads.

Brian4Liberty
01-07-2016, 03:54 PM
"I’m driven by the idea that safety is really a core function of government,” she said. “I don’t think we should just let things happen to people and let them be stupid and the victims of the consequences of their actions."

Joseph Stalin couldn't have said it better. Big Mother will keep you safe.

bunklocoempire
01-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Debbie has gazed into her crystal ball and has seen YOUR future... sorry toddlers, deal with your life threatening seizures some other way, it's for your own good you potential slaves to the hobby-Horse.

I wonder why she's still working with being able to see the future and all...

otherone
01-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Prescription pain killers are the gateway to heroin abuse.

specsaregood
01-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Debbie has gazed into her crystal ball and has seen YOUR future... sorry toddlers, deal with your life threatening seizures some other way, it's for your own good you potential slaves to the hobby-Horse.

I wonder why she's still working with being able to see the future and all...

Naw, she just thinks you should have a post-birth abortion of any such defective toddlers.

Occam's Banana
01-07-2016, 06:15 PM
"I’m driven by the idea that safety is really a core function of government,” she said. “I don’t think we should just let things happen to people and let them be stupid and the victims of the consequences of their actions."
Joseph Stalin couldn't have said it better. Big Mother will keep you safe.

... Mother, should I run for president?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Ooooh aah, is it just a waste of time?

Hush now, baby, baby, don't you cry
Mama's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you
Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing
She won't let you fly but she might let you sing
Mama's gonna keep baby cosy and warm

Ooooh, babe, ooooh, babe, ooooh, babe
Of course Mama's gonna help build the wall ...

... Mama's gonna wait up till you get in
Mama will always find out where you've been
Mamma's gonna keep baby healthy and clean

Ooooh, babe, ooooh, babe, ooooh, babe
You'll always be a baby to me ...

Occam's Banana
01-07-2016, 06:26 PM
perhaps we should stop allowing our soldiers to protect the poppy fields first?

Ixnay! Ixnay! Prohibition is only for mundanes.

The spice must flow ... (after all, that prison-industrial complex ain't gonna fill itself ...)