PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan announces Nikki Haley to Deliver Republican Address Following State of the Union

randomname
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
BREAKING NEWS → Governor Nikki Haley of South Carolina will deliver the Republican Address to the nation following next week’s State of the Union.
Posted by Speaker Paul Ryan on Tuesday, January 5, 2016

WASHINGTON – House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) today announced that Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) will deliver the Republican Address to the Nation following the State of the Union on Tuesday, January 12, 2016.

“Nikki Haley has led an economic turnaround and set a bold agenda for her state, getting things done and becoming one of the most popular governors in America,” Speaker Ryan said. “In a year when the country is crying out for a positive vision and alternative to the status quo, Governor Haley is the exact right choice to deliver the Republican Address to the Nation.”

“Nikki Haley is a proven leader and committed reformer who believes deeply in the promise of the country we all share,” Sen. McConnell said. “Not only has Governor Haley fought to bring opportunity and prosperity to the people of her state, but she’s also demonstrated how bringing people together can bring real results. Governor Haley knows the American Dream and wants to see every American share in it, and we’re pleased that she will be delivering this year’s Republican Address‎."

“I was honored to be asked by Speaker Ryan and Senator McConnell to deliver the Republican address to the nation,” Gov. Haley said. “This is a time of great challenges for our country, but also of great opportunities. I intend to speak about both.”

About Gov. Haley. Governor Nikki Haley, the 116th Governor of South Carolina, is the first female and the first minority governor in South Carolina history and currently the youngest governor in the country. She was reelected to a second term in November 2014.

Nikki Haley has delivered results to the people of South Carolina. Under her leadership, South Carolina’s jobless rate hit record lows, the state announced more than 73,000 jobs in 45 of 46 counties, more than 25,000 South Carolinians moved from welfare to work, and the state made its largest infrastructure investment in a generation without raising taxes. Governor Haley brought together leaders of both political parties, educators and the business community to pass landmark education reforms. She has also increased transparency and accountability to state government, and delivered tax relief for small businesses, pension reform, and Medicaid reform.

Born in Bamberg, the daughter of Indian immigrants, Governor Haley’s first job was keeping the books for her family’s clothing store – at the age of 13. She went on to graduate from Clemson University with a B.S. degree in accounting. Governor Haley and her husband Michael, a Captain in the Army National Guard and combat veteran who was deployed to Afghanistan’s Helmand Province, attend Mt. Horeb United Methodist Church in Lexington. The Haleys have two children, Rena, 17, and Nalin, 14. Learn more by visiting her official website or by following her on Facebook and Twitter.

NOTE: The Republican Address to the Nation will be live streamed at http://gop.gov/SOTU.

BREAKING → Gov. @nikkihaley will deliver the #GOP Address to the nation following #SOTU https://t.co/i0eWeGfZc4 pic.twitter.com/HCyXHmAlNw
— Paul Ryan (@SpeakerRyan) January 5, 2016

sparebulb
01-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Stikki and Ryan are Republicans?

Could have fooled me.

TheNewYorker
01-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Nikki is pretty good looking, maybe instead of grabbing water like Rubio did in his address, she can lick some ice cream to help the dry mouth from speaking

Audit_The_Fed
01-13-2016, 12:30 AM
Nikki Haley ... not a fan

AmericanSpartan
01-13-2016, 12:43 AM
Nikki "I am for mass immigration and giving into the left" Hayley...What a mistake.

timosman
01-13-2016, 01:02 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/haley-faces-conservative-backlash-after-gop-response-obama-n495466

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley impressed some Democrats and moderate Republicans with her Republican response to the State of the Union Tuesday night - but there's already backlash brewing on the conservative right.

"Trump should deport Nikki Haley," conservative commentator Ann Coulter tweeted part way through Haley's speech. She later added: "Nikki Haley says 'welcoming properly vetted legal immigrants, regardless of religion.' Translation: let in all the Muslims."

Radio host Laura Ingraham also tweeted about Haley's speech, writing, "[Former Obama official] Van Jones just praised Nikki Haley speech. Enough said."
The lines in the speech getting particular notice are those that seem to allude to Donald Trump -- particularly when Haley said, "there's a tendency to falsely equate noise with results."

The quickly evolving sentiments underscore the deepening divide in the Republican Party - one that has many so-called "establishment" Republicans increasingly convinced that Trump is on his way to winning the nomination. It's a reality, many believe, that will fundamentally reshape the GOP as it's now known.

Haley's speech won praise from Republicans who've opposed Trump.

"Proud of my friend @nikkihaley for delivering a positive & uplifting response to Pres. Obama's #SOTU. Clear vision for a brighter future," Jeb Bush wrote on Twitter.

Other conservative pundits took to Twitter to defend the Palmetto State governor:
Democrats, too, praised Haley's address. "Really effective speech by @nikkihaley. Avoided the Response to SOTU curse," former Obama adviser David Axelrod wrote on Twitter.

Mach
01-13-2016, 02:09 AM
Nikki "I am for mass immigration and giving into the left" Hayley...What a mistake.

She may be biased.....

http://www.thestate.com/latest-news/fm4u73/picture13631588/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/UTdqw.So.74.jpeg

timosman
01-13-2016, 02:15 AM
Yeah, that picture does a real good job convincing me that Governor Nimrata Randhawa Haley is proud of her heritage.

http://cfile9.uf.tistory.com/image/23540C3652F198AE01E1DA

randomname
01-13-2016, 02:32 AM
She's getting lots and lots of praise for this speech. Possible VP contender?

Southron
01-13-2016, 03:18 AM
I don't really care what Nimrata Randhawa has to say.

timosman
01-13-2016, 05:31 AM

that looks like a combination of nerves and serious, serious overcoaching. They must’ve had her run through it, got some focus group to tell her to “smile more” and now she’s so self-conscious that she looks like the Joker just sprayed her with something.

SOTU response is the Waterloo of the “Rising GOP Star”. Somehow, every one of them comes out looking like an utter Muppet.

AmericanSpartan
01-13-2016, 08:00 AM
She may be biased.....

http://www.thestate.com/latest-news/fm4u73/picture13631588/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/UTdqw.So.74.jpeg

You do not say! You mean an child of immigrants is pro mass immigration? Shocking.

http://cfile9.uf.tistory.com/image/23540C3652F198AE01E1DA

Some one chase her away with a whopper.

She's getting lots and lots of praise for this speech. Possible VP contender?

From the Establishment which is dying by the day.

I don't really care what Nimrata Randhawa has to say.

It proved that she is the last gasp of cucksertives, that and Graham..South thing must be in the water in that state.