PDA

View Full Version : Obama set to use executive power to enact gun control measures

Anti Federalist
12-31-2015, 01:45 PM
By his Kingly Decree, let it be so.

Shutting down private sales is the most troubling to me, as that is where I've bought everything for the past 30 years.

Obama to announce new executive action on guns

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/31/politics/obama-to-announce-new-executive-action-on-guns/

By Jim Acosta and Kevin Liptak, CNN

Updated 12:38 PM ET, Thu December 31, 2015

(CNN)—President Barack Obama is expected to announce in the coming days a new executive action with the goal of expanding background checks on gun sales, people familiar with White House planning said.

Described as "imminent," the set of executive actions would fulfill a promise by the President to take further unilateral steps the White House says could help curb gun deaths.

Plans for the action are not yet complete, and those familiar with the process warn that unforeseen circumstances could delay an announcement. But gun control advocates are expecting the new actions to be revealed next week, ahead of Obama's annual State of the Union address, set for January 12.

The White House wouldn't comment directly on the exact timing or content of Obama's executive orders. White House spokesman Eric Schultz said that the President expected a set of recommendations on unilateral action to arrive at the beginning of the year.

He said Obama was "expressing urgency" for a list of steps he can take on his own after high-profile incidents of gun violence at the end of this year.

"It is complicated. That's why it's taken some time for our policy folks, our lawyers, and our expects to work through this and see what's possible," Schultz said.

A spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association said the group had no comment The group previously told CNN that Obama's "gun control agenda was rejected by Congress. Now, he is doing what he always does when he doesn't get his way, defying the will of the people and using executive action."

The group said at the time that Obama had his "wish list of gun control," in California but "it didn't prevent the San Bernardino attack."

"The fact is, the President's gun control agenda will only make it harder for law-abiding citizens to exercise their right to self-defense," NRA spokeswoman Jennifer Baker.

Gun control advocates and White House officials say the focus remains on the so-called "gun show loophole," which allows certain sellers of guns -- at gun shows and elsewhere -- to avoid conducting background checks before making sales.

Months after the Newtown, Connecticut elementary school massacre that claimed 26 victims, the then-Democratic majority Senate rejected a similar proposal.

Congress would still need to act in order to make background checks fully universal. But advocates and administration lawyers have struck upon a provision in the law that could allow for Obama to expand the background check requirement to additional sellers.

Federal law currently requires all individuals "engaged in the business" of selling guns to obtain a license and conduct background checks on buyers. But others who only make occasional sales or are selling firearms from a personal collection are exempted from the background check requirement.

Gun control advocates say Obama could take action himself by issuing a regulation that provides expanded guidance on who falls under the "in the business" standard.

One group, the Michael Bloomberg-helmed Everytown for Gun Safety, has provided recommendations to the White House that include creating a test for assessing who must become licensed to continue selling guns. Factors would include volume and speed of sales, and whether or not the seller relies on advertising to sell guns.

The group also recommended Obama define a gun in a "personal collection" as having been in the seller's possession for at least a year.

Before leaving for his winter vacation in Hawaii, Obama met with Bloomberg at the White House to discuss gun control.

Aside from the background check provision, people familiar with Obama's plans say his new gun control announcement will include new funding for government agencies to better enforce existing gun laws.

timosman
12-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Why don't they just repel the Second Amendment? There is already a process for that and I am sure it would go well with the general public given the amount of support the POTUS has on this issue.:rolleyes:

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2015, 02:29 PM
thank goodess obamas executive action can only apply to subordinates in govt

Spikender
12-31-2015, 02:32 PM
Unenforceable garbage.

Yet more punishment from down on high on innocent people.

Anti Federalist
01-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Obama to announce expanded background checks as he aims to limit gun deaths

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85484240/

By Christi Parsons

January 4, 2016, 6:17 p.m.

President Obama will announce Tuesday that he’ll act on his own authority to expand background checks for would-be gun buyers and increase enforcement of existing laws, a culmination of his effort to curb gun violence.

Obama is going around Congress yet again to make progress on a policy priority, but he is limited in what he can legally do without proposing a legislative change. His executive actions stop short of closing the so-called gun-show loophole or requiring universal background checks, two possibilities he had directed aides to explore amid a spate of mass shootings in the fall.

Obama plans to clarify federal law that allows for private gun sales without checking the backgrounds of the buyers, senior advisors said. Anyone who makes a living from selling guns online or at gun shows, two locations where sellers are often considered collectors or hobbyists and freed from the requirement that they conduct background checks, will be required to be federally licensed.

DFF
01-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Gun control isn't about guns.

It's about control.

^ saw that on a bumpersticker today and I couldn't agree more

LatinsforPaul
01-04-2016, 07:59 PM
EXCLUSIVE–Rand Paul: ‘I Will Fight Obama Tooth and Nail’ on Executive Gun Control (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/04/exclusive-rand-paul-will-fight-obama-tooth-nail-executive-gun-control/)

Paul pointed out his concern that Obama’s method of attacking gun rights ends up isolating the Second Amendment, making it seem like the protections on the right to keep and bear arms are really outside of normal constitutional protections.

Paul countered this view by saying, “The Second Amendment is part of the Bill of Rights and it is as important as the rest of the Bill of Rights. It is not some odd duckling out there. And the media, I don’t think, would be reporting Obama’s actions the same way if, by executive order, he was going to make journalists register.”

Paul added:

In fact, if Obama was planning infringement of the First Amendment, the media would be going crazy. But we should never let any president abbreviate any part of the Bill of Rights. No matter what amendment it is, we should never allow it to be abbreviated by executive order.

Regarding the executive gun control which Obama will announce January 5, Paul said, “I’m going to fight him tooth and nail.” Paul said he will push within his caucus to get a vote on the legislation he proposed in December – legislation which would reduce executive gun control to “advisory only.”

seapilot
01-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Gun control isn't about guns.

It's about control.

^ saw that on a bumpersticker today and I couldn't agree more

Its all about power. Guns represent power. The peasants have arms they have power. Not many rulers have over run an armed peasantry, but armed peasants have overthrown their rulers.

DFF
01-04-2016, 08:28 PM
The peasants have arms they have power. Not many rulers have over run an armed peasantry

Precisely why the first thing the Bolsheviks did when coming into power was to outlaw guns. As Lenin astutely pointed out "One man with a gun can control a hundred without."

TheNewYorker
01-05-2016, 01:36 AM
Finally, mentally sick people won't be able to buy guns

Doctors can report some mentally ill patients to FBI under new gun control rule
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/obama-gun-control-rule-mental-illness-217340
Delivering on its promise to deliver "common sense" gun control, the Obama administration on Monday finalized a rule that enables health care providers to report the names of mentally ill patients to an FBI firearms background check system.

The action was one of a series of steps that President Barack Obama had called for in January 2013 in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings to curb gun violence, but the rule was not published until today.

While the 1993 Brady law prohibits gun ownership by individuals who have been involuntarily committed, found incompetent to stand trial or otherwise deemed by a court to be a danger to themselves or others, federal health care privacy rules prohibited doctors and other providers from sharing information without the consent of their patients.

XNavyNuke
01-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Finally, mentally sick people won't be able to buy guns

Thanks goodness we can now get the guns out of women. All those emergency room visits that lead to commitment of women for postpartum depression/psychosis spectrum. Thanks to electronic records, this will follow women for the remainder of their lives. No more gun-toting Grannies. We should all be grateful to the Glorious Leader.

XNN

rg17
01-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Impeach Obama! Arrest the war criminal!

TommyJeff
01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Impeach Obama! Arrest the war criminal!

he's a peacemaker, remember?
They don't give Nobel prizes without justification......do they? :confused:

TommyJeff
01-05-2016, 11:05 AM
When will we hear about the executive action changing the term president, in the constitution, to the title KING?
we need time to have a gold crown made so hopefully he gets this taken care of sooner rather than later.

01-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Obama was crying fake tears and carrying on. His quoted statistic was that 30,000 die each year from guns. We live in a nation of 300 million. That gives you a .01% chance of being killed by a gun. The democrats can not justify taking away people's constitutional right to defend themselves over a .01% chance of death. That is absolute crap. Then you have to ask, how many of those killings would have been done anyway with another tool if guns were banned? Probably most right?

seapilot
01-05-2016, 12:14 PM
he's a peacemaker, remember?
They don't give Nobel prizes without justification......do they? :confused:

Yes he is a Piece maker.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2015/02/02/almost-2500-killed-covert-us-drone-strikes-obama-inauguration/

Uriel999
01-05-2016, 12:23 PM
Obama was crying fake tears and carrying on. His quoted statistic was that 30,000 die each year from guns. We live in a nation of 300 million. That gives you a .01% chance of being killed by a gun. The democrats can not justify taking away people's constitutional right to defend themselves over a .01% chance of death. That is absolute crap. Then you have to ask, how many of those killings would have been done anyway with another tool if guns were banned? Probably most right?

That number includes suicide (20k a year), and justified shootings.

Uriel999
01-05-2016, 12:24 PM
I love how he cares about children now:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/00/e5/32/00e532611dba06fff9de66a4463fd1fb.jpg

kcchiefs6465
01-05-2016, 12:37 PM
He makes jokes and laughs about murdering children on national television with the press right there laughing along.

Lucille
01-05-2016, 12:39 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sy/nn/fp/rsz/010516/images/smush/Obamafp4_635x250_1452014742.jpg

Oh GMAFB. That fascist bitch has killed more innocent people than all the lone nuts hopped up on psychotropics ever will.

puppetmaster
01-05-2016, 12:44 PM
That number includes suicide (20k a year), and justified shootings. obama is a fucking liar.

Lucille
01-05-2016, 12:58 PM
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/obama-lets-gun-confiscation-cat-bag/

During his speech on creeping gun prohibition/confiscation today, Obama announced that “this isn’t going to happen overnight. The liberation of African-Americans didn’t happen overnight.”

By comparing his agenda to the abolition of slavery (which was protected under the U.S. flag, not the Confederate flag, from the 1770s to 1866), he is admitting that this is NOT just about tweaking gun registration regulation at gun shows. That CAN happen “overnight.” The “this” that he says will not happen overnight is his communistic/fascistic dream of gun confiscation. It’s all a part of his “transformation of American society.”

How ironic he'd mention slaves as he attempts to further enslave us all, since gun control first began to keep weapons out of the hands of slaves and later freed slaves. I'm going to start calling all gun control measures "Slave Codes."

http://www.weaponstickers.com/images/full/5x3_slavesaredisarmed.png

KingNothing
01-05-2016, 01:04 PM
Obama's such a sissy. He can't leave office soon enough. Shame that unless a non-Trump Republican wins, things will actually be worse.

Dianne
01-05-2016, 01:06 PM

I had to turn the tv off since I was so close to barfing. The man is so full of chit his eyes are brown, his skin too. Crocodile tears over Sandy Hook, that never happened. How come he never cries over young minorities being killed in Chicago on a nightly basis?

Obama To Hit Hollywood After Presidency Los Angeles| Obama is ‘extremely’ likely to feature in an upcoming movie after the presidency, admitted George Clooney on ABC’s Good Morning America this morning.Barack Hussein Obama who has taken acting classes in his college years has not acknowledged publicly yet his interest in hitting the Hollywood big screen after his second mandate, but celebrity blogger Perez Hilton has been calling it for quite a while. “I have insider sources very close to the President and his family that concur about his interest in a Hollywood post-career” explained the famous video blogger in a recent video on his Youtube channel. http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/obama-to-hit-hollywood-after-presidency/

KingNothing
01-05-2016, 01:07 PM

Take suicides out of the equation, and account for the fact that most of us do not live in the small amount of very violent cities in the country that account for a disproportionate amount of murders, and that we are not in gangs and don't sell drugs, and the odds of any of us being killed by a gun -EVER- fall to about as close to 0 as you can possibly get. We are at no danger whatsoever from guns. Applying strict gun laws to everyone in a huge country response to suicides and gang violence in cities is absurd.

Dianne
01-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Obama's such a sissy. He can't leave office soon enough. Shame that unless a non-Trump Republican wins, things will actually be worse.

Now is a great time for Obama to execute all his dastardly plans for the slaves. After all, he has a 95% Democratic Congress led by Reid and Paul Ryan, why shouldn't he go for it?

Danke
01-05-2016, 01:18 PM
I had to turn the tv off since I was so close to barfing. The man is so full of chit his eyes are brown, his skin too. Crocodile tears over Sandy Hook, that never happened. How come he never cries over young minorities being killed in Chicago on a nightly basis?

Obama To Hit Hollywood After Presidency Los Angeles| Obama is ‘extremely’ likely to feature in an upcoming movie after the presidency, admitted George Clooney on ABC’s Good Morning America this morning.Barack Hussein Obama who has taken acting classes in his college years has not acknowledged publicly yet his interest in hitting the Hollywood big screen after his second mandate, but celebrity blogger Perez Hilton has been calling it for quite a while. “I have insider sources very close to the President and his family that concur about his interest in a Hollywood post-career” explained the famous video blogger in a recent video on his Youtube channel. http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/obama-to-hit-hollywood-after-presidency/

That is a satire site.

Dianne
01-05-2016, 01:22 PM
That is a satire site.

LOL, lets use this one then: http://www.infowars.com/mancow-muller-obama-is-an-actor-trained-by-harry-lennix/

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
November 15, 2013

During an appearance on the Alex Jones Show, Chicago radio host Eric ‘Mancow’ Muller revealed that actor Harry Lennix told him he was hired to train Obama how to look presidential by mimicking the actor’s demeanor and body language. Lennix, who was born and grew up in Chicago, gave frequent lectures before he became an actor, while also teaching music and civics in the Chicago Public School system. Lennix is best known for his role in the recent Superman Man of Steel movie and his part as White House Chief of Staff in the ABC television series Commander in Chief.

Muller, who knew Obama in Chicago before he became president, said Lennix told him that, “He was the actor hired to teach Obama to be Harry Lennix – watch The Blacklist and you can see Obama – this is an actor that we hired in our president.”

“He’s leaving our studio and sees a cut-out of Obama and says ‘he’s a rat bastard’ – oh because I’m black I have to like Obama,” said Muller.

“He says, Mancow do I remind you of him?….Barack Obama is me, you’ve seen me on TV, you’ve seen me on movies, he is me.”

Mancow says Lennix told him, “He mimicked me, he followed me for years, and they wanted me to train him and teach him how to act….like a an educated south side African-American,” adding that Lennix thought Obama was “very stupid” and had “been taught to act like this.”

Mancow’s producer, who also witnessed the conversation, confirmed its veracity and added that Lennix said the only person who knows Obama better than him is Michelle Obama.

Mancow expressed the hope that he wouldn’t get Lennix in trouble for revealing the conversation, fearing that the actor could now face an audit. He also revealed that Lennix said he knew Obama would be president from at least 1998 if not earlier.

Anyone familiar with Lennix’s body language and general behavior will notice the remarkable resemblance between his demeanor and that of Barack Obama. As this photo illustrates, the two met when Obama was a Senator-elect back in 2005.

Given that one of the few things Obama has received widespread plaudits for since he came to office is his slick adeptness at reading a teleprompter, the claim doesn’t seem that outrageous.

Indeed, there has been a sustained call for Harry Lennix to play Obama in a movie biopic given their striking similarities.

Later in the interview, which can be viewed above, Muller also reveals how he was offered over $9 million dollars by a major corporation for a three year radio deal to “lean towards and promote Obama,” but flatly refused the proposal.

https://youtu.be/DQZQWfsGEEA?t=20

Anti Federalist
01-05-2016, 01:42 PM
That number includes suicide (20k a year), and justified shootings.

Of the suicides, gun control will not stop any of them, as there is no shortage of poisons, high places or carbon monoxide.

liveandletlive
01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sy/nn/fp/rsz/010516/images/smush/Obamafp4_635x250_1452014742.jpg

Oh GMAFB. That fascist bitch has killed more innocent people than all the lone nuts hopped up on psychotropics ever will.

i commend his acting abilities. :rolleyes:

seapilot
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
i commend his acting abilities. :rolleyes:

Yeah, how many hot peppers did he eat right before? Nice VP down frown too:(

http://www.wikihow.com/Fake-Cry

jllundqu
01-05-2016, 02:21 PM
I don't see how any of the proposed EO's change a damn thing. Pretty big let-down actually... I was hoping he would propose the No Fly List thing and we could make it a constitutional campaign issue pointing out his error... this is just lame and doesn't affect me or anyone I know.

BV2
01-05-2016, 03:25 PM
"4. THE AIM IS TO DISARM THE ENEMY
We have already said that the aim of all action in War is to disarm the enemy, and we shall now show that this, theoretically at least, is indispensable.

If our opponent is to be made to comply with our will, we must place him in a situation which is more oppressive to him than the sacrifice which we demand; but the disadvantages of this position must naturally not be of a transitory nature, at least in appearance, otherwise the enemy, instead of yielding, will hold out, in the prospect of a change for the better.

Every change in this position which is produced by a continuation of the War should therefore be a change for the worse. The worst condition in which a belligerent can be placed is that of being completely disarmed. If, therefore, the enemy is to be reduced to submission by and act of War, he must either be positively disarmed or placed in such a position that he is threatened with it. From this follows that the disarming or overthrow of the enemy, whichever we call it, must always be the aim of Warfare..." (5-6, On War, Carl Von Clausewitz)

Acts of war are not necessarily violent in and of themselves, just concerned with violence. A political act that renders future violence less risky may well be considered an act of war.

bunklocoempire
01-05-2016, 03:57 PM
He's a constitutional scholar ya know.

puppetmaster
01-05-2016, 04:09 PM
I don't see how any of the proposed EO's change a damn thing. Pretty big let-down actually... I was hoping he would propose the No Fly List thing and we could make it a constitutional campaign issue pointing out his error... this is just lame and doesn't affect me or anyone I know. private sales does not affect you? Lame. No way

Brian4Liberty
01-05-2016, 04:13 PM
The biggest gun control lie Obama is selling (http://rare.us/story/the-biggest-gun-control-lie-obama-is-selling/)
By Mike Morrison, Rare Contributor | Posted on January 5, 2016

The president likes to play it fast and loose with the facts on gun control, but this statement is easily his most blatant lie on the topic.

"A violent felon can buy the exact same weapon over the internet with no background check, no questions asked." —@POTUS #StopGunViolence

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) January 5, 2016

Let’s break this down in all the many places this is totally wrong.

First and foremost, Obama’s suggestion that felons (violent or otherwise) can purchase a firearm is untrue. It is illegal for a felon to buy or own a gun. Full stop. Even more, there are legal consequences for anyone who sells or gives guns to a felon or any prohibited person.

You’d think the president and his cadre of policy makers would be aware of this most basic gun law, but somehow they’ve completely ignored it. We’re not off to a good start.

Next, buying a gun on the Internet is not like shopping at Amazon or Ebay. When you purchase a firearm from a dealer, it is not shipped to your door with a ribbon on top. Rather, you must ship it to a federally licensed dealer and go through the normal background check.

The gun, magazines, and any other accessories must be legal in your state. There is no loophole. It is a lie to say otherwise.
More: http://rare.us/story/the-biggest-gun-control-lie-obama-is-selling/

Original_Intent
01-05-2016, 08:10 PM
New grey and black markets.
Nullification by ignore.

Aside from that, Molon Labe, impeach and try the SOB for treason, along with Hillary for good measure.

Anti Federalist
01-05-2016, 08:12 PM
This asshole has been the best gun salesman the country has ever seen.

LOL @ unintended consequences.

Smith & Wesson Gun Sales Soar as Obama Announces Gun Rules

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-05/smith-wesson-jumps-to-highest-since-1999-as-gun-sales-soar

Sales at distributors has been stronger than originally anticipated, resulting in reduced inventories, Smith & Wesson said in a statement on Monday after the market closed.

In December, adjusted background checks showed a 38 percent increase from a year earlier, Krueger said. FBI background checks are the best proxy for gun sales because there are about 200 manufacturers, most of whom are closely held.

Obama unveiled executive actions that will extend background checks, including tougher rules for purchases at gun shows and on the Internet.

The expanded checks likely won’t affect the average gun buyer who purchases a weapon at a store, Krueger said. The concern that such measures are only a first step to more regulation, coupled with heightened gun-control discussion during an election year, probably will drive sales higher throughout 2016, he said.

Uriel999
01-05-2016, 08:54 PM

Of the suicides, gun control will not stop any of them, as there is no shortage of poisons, high places or carbon monoxide.

This asshole has been the best gun salesman the country has ever seen.

LOL @ unintended consequences.

Smith & Wesson Gun Sales Soar as Obama Announces Gun Rules

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-05/smith-wesson-jumps-to-highest-since-1999-as-gun-sales-soar

Sales at distributors has been stronger than originally anticipated, resulting in reduced inventories, Smith & Wesson said in a statement on Monday after the market closed.

In December, adjusted background checks showed a 38 percent increase from a year earlier, Krueger said. FBI background checks are the best proxy for gun sales because there are about 200 manufacturers, most of whom are closely held.

Obama unveiled executive actions that will extend background checks, including tougher rules for purchases at gun shows and on the Internet.

The expanded checks likely won’t affect the average gun buyer who purchases a weapon at a store, Krueger said. The concern that such measures are only a first step to more regulation, coupled with heightened gun-control discussion during an election year, probably will drive sales higher throughout 2016, he said.

On another forum a poster said his Ruger stock was up 4.16 dollors per share. LOL

KingNothing
01-06-2016, 09:23 PM

I don't know if you can say that.

Sometimes people attempt suicide and call for help after downing pills or are found while hanging, suffocating, etc. A gun shot to the skull is a bit hard to come back from, should one rethink one's thoughts on the merits of living after pulling a trigger.

But that isn't the point. There are far better ways to prevent suicides than by trampling on gun rights.

Dianne
01-06-2016, 09:26 PM

Sometimes people attempt suicide and call for help after downing pills or are found while hanging, suffocating, etc. A gun shot to the skull is a bit hard to come back from, should one rethink one's thoughts on the merits of living after pulling a trigger.

But that isn't the point. There are far better ways to prevent suicides than by trampling on gun rights.

Well it's not our issue to police suicide. If someone wants to go, let them go for goodness sake. Look at Europe... they are now allowing minors to opt for medically assisted suicides. It's not your business; nor mine, nor Obozo's to tell someone they have to live in torture if they wish to pass beyond this world.

KingNothing
01-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Well it's not our issue to police suicide. If someone wants to go, let them go for goodness sake. Look at Europe... they are now allowing minors to opt for medically assisted suicides. It's not your business; nor mine, nor Obozo's to tell someone they have to live in torture if they wish to pass beyond this world.

I think that when most people choose suicide they are not of sound mind. With some compassion and help, they can likely begin to turn their lives around. Having said that, everyone has a right to do what they wish with their bodies, and we have no right to stand in their way. But we should always be looking to help each other, and we should always remember that life is sacred.

I'd rather not look to Europe for advice on this matter, or any matter, really. Europe sucks.

Dianne
01-06-2016, 10:12 PM
I think that when most people choose suicide they are not of sound mind. With some compassion and help, they can likely begin to turn their lives around. Everyone has a right to do what they wish with their bodies, and we have no right to stand in their way. But we should always be looking to help each other, and we should always remember that life is sacred.

I'd rather not look to Europe for advice on this matter, or any matter, really. Europe sucks.

I would rather not look at Obozo to solve the world's problems. How many people, including children, has that asshat murdered?

KingNothing
01-06-2016, 10:15 PM
I would rather not look at Obozo to solve the world's problems. How many people, including children, has that asshat murdered?

I'd rather not look to Obama for anything. I'd rather never hear from Obama again. I wish he would close down the white house, retire, and go away forever.

He's an ass, a sissy, and a power hungry, liberty-hating progressive.

Anti Federalist
01-06-2016, 10:40 PM

Valid point on pills and such, but a jump from a high place, a drive off a cliff or a jump in front of a train is pretty permanent.

morfeeis
01-06-2016, 11:09 PM
I don't see how any of the proposed EO's change a damn thing. Pretty big let-down actually... I was hoping he would propose the No Fly List thing and we could make it a constitutional campaign issue pointing out his error... this is just lame and doesn't affect me or anyone I know.

Unless you have a gun trust, in that case i just stepped into a world of shit...

morfeeis
01-06-2016, 11:17 PM

But in nearly 20 years of studying threats, attempts and eventsleading up to the deaths of young people who killed themselves, and
implementing policies to prevent it, psychologist Paul Joffe, Ph.D., has
come to see that suicide isn't always a cry for help. Sometimes--perhaps
more often than not, especially among people of college age--it's an
instrument of power and control.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200305/not-always-cry-help

women attempt sucide far more often than men, but men complete the act more often as they tend to use far more violent tools. so if it wasn't a firearm they would just start jumping more or find some other way. those who are looking to end their life find a way. I read a study on suicide and it spoke about this guy who stabbed himself in the chest with a kitchen knife REPEATEDLY!!! to end his life.

Uriel999
01-06-2016, 11:41 PM
https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200305/not-always-cry-help

women attempt sucide far more often than men, but men complete the act more often as they tend to use far more violent tools. so if it wasn't a firearm they would just start jumping more or find some other way. those who are looking to end their life find a way. I read a study on suicide and it spoke about this guy who stabbed himself in the chest with a kitchen knife REPEATEDLY!!! to end his life.

Well no shit. Men are simply better at getting the job of killing done.

Granted, women are better at sucking out the soul of the living and making live unbearable.

Weston White
01-07-2016, 01:37 AM
At one point he goes about making jokes about his poor memory, then a few moments later he is shedding tears over incidents that can only be described as orchestrated events--Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston, etc. Well, emotional appeal and fear-mongering are the most desperate, weakest, forms of debate.

So, when is B-O going to shed tears for all the Mexican children killed by the drug cartels provided assaulted weapons through his own administrations Fast and Furious scheme? And let us not even get started on all the children killed from his authorized use of drone-strikes across the lands of disenfranchised people.

ETA:

And where have there been anything even close to 300 mass-shooting incidents in the US this last year, which requires at least four related deaths, excluding the shooters own loss of life.

Here, barely makes it to page 2/14 for 2015 shooting incidents: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shootings/2015?sort=desc&order=%23%20Killed

Weston White
01-07-2016, 01:58 AM
...Comparable stats for reference: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?957-United-States-Enumerated-Causes-of-Death-per-Annum

Less than 2% care about this issue anyways, but 126,438 die from accidents, so perhaps it should be made a federal felony for each mishap you have, 10-years in the clink and $25,000 fine per occurrence should drop those numbers way, way down.

Anti Federalist
01-07-2016, 09:19 PM
"This notion of a conspiracy out there..." Obama began to answer when Anderson Cooper cut him off.

“Is it fair to call it a conspiracy?" Cooper interjected. "A lot of people really believe this deeply. They just don’t trust you.”

"I’m sorry, Cooper. Yes it is fair to call it a conspiracy," Obama shot back incredulously. "What are you saying? Are you suggesting that the notion that we are creating a plot to take everybody’s guns away so that we can impose martial law is a conspiracy? Yes that is a conspiracy! I would hope that you would agree with that. Is that controversial?"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-hosts-town-hall-gun-control/story?id=36153011

No, you declare martial law and then take away the guns.

BV2
01-08-2016, 12:37 AM
So, the Cabal understand what happens when the Prez blathers about gun control, right? Theye know it leads people to buy guns. Why would theye want more people having guns? Sales tax? Or maybe theye really don't give a shit whether Americans are armed, or not. But it certainly is a convenient issue with which to divide the population and keep them grossly distracted. You know, how like they do with weed, gay marriage, et al.

Could it be that it doesn't matter whether the people are armed or not? Perhaps they are more venial than we think: In it for the moulah. Is money is power, just get the money and the power will follow.

Weston White
01-08-2016, 02:11 AM
Playing dumb is a fairly accurate tell-tale of underlying ulterior motives. As is other nations have never accomplished such a feat.

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/35310/images/FIRST%20GUN%20CONTROL%20THEN%20GENOCIDE%20(2).JPG

Cabal
01-08-2016, 02:17 AM
So, the Cabal understand what happens when the Prez blathers about gun control, right?

Of course we do.

Occam's Banana
01-08-2016, 03:15 AM
"This notion of a conspiracy out there..." Obama began to answer when Anderson Cooper cut him off.

“Is it fair to call it a conspiracy?" Cooper interjected. "A lot of people really believe this deeply. They just don’t trust you.”

"I’m sorry, Cooper. Yes it is fair to call it a conspiracy," Obama shot back incredulously. "What are you saying? Are you suggesting that the notion that we are creating a plot to take everybody’s guns away so that we can impose martial law is a conspiracy? Yes that is a conspiracy! I would hope that you would agree with that. Is that controversial?"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-hosts-town-hall-gun-control/story?id=36153011

:confused::confused::confused: What? So, wait ... What? ... Is Obama some kind of conspiracy theorist, then? Is that what I'm reading here?

Or is he saying that he's party to a conspiracy? Or that the notion that he's party to a conspiracy is a conspiracy?

In short: what in the ever-loving fuck is this jackass babbling about?

(Seriously, though - this man, who has been alleged to be an orator of some skill, is apparently unable to verbally distinguish between a "conspiracy" and a "conspiracy theory" ... SMDH ... Stick to your teleprompters, you inarticulate boob ... Oh, yeah, and keep your goddam pie-hooks off our guns, too, asshole! ...)

Zippyjuan
01-08-2016, 01:36 PM
:confused::confused::confused: What? So, wait ... What? ... Is Obama some kind of conspiracy theorist, then? Is that what I'm reading here?

Or is he saying that he's party to a conspiracy? Or that the notion that he's party to a conspiracy is a conspiracy?

In short: what in the ever-loving fuck is this jackass babbling about?

(Seriously, though - this man, who has been alleged to be an orator of some skill, is apparently unable to verbally distinguish between a "conspiracy" and a "conspiracy theory" ... SMDH ... Stick to your teleprompters, you inarticulate boob ... Oh, yeah, and keep your goddam pie-hooks off our guns, too, asshole! ...)

What he said was that there are some who think he wants to take away all guns and declare martial law. He refered to it as a "Conspiracy (theory)". He said that people "on some websites" would jump to that conclusion.

What I think Mark is alluding to is what I said earlier, this notion of a conspiracy out there, and it gets wrapped up in concerns about the Federal government.

Now, there's a long history of that, that's in our DNA, you know? The United States was born suspicious of some distant authority...

COOPER: ... now, let me just jump in here, is it fair to call it a conspiracy...

OBAMA: ... well, yeah...

COOPER: ... because a lot of people really believe this deeply, that they just don't...

OBAMA: ... no...

COOPER: ... they just don't trust you.

OBAMA: I'm sorry, Cooper, yes. It is fair to call the conspiracy, what are you saying? Are you suggesting that the notion that we are creating a plot to take everybody's guns away so that we can impose martial law...

COOPER: ... not everybody, but there's certainly a lot of...

OBAMA: ... but a conspiracy? Yes, that is a conspiracy! I would hope that would agree with that.

(APPLAUSE)

OBAMA: Is that controversial? Except on some websites...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/politics/transcript-obama-town-hall-guns-in-america/

Cabal
01-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Lol. That just makes him sound even more inarticulate and derpy than Banana originally thought.

Occam's Banana
01-08-2016, 07:44 PM
He refered to it as a "Conspiracy (theory)".

He referred to it as a "consipracy" - your post facto insertion of the parenthetical only serves to illustrate what I have already said:

[...] this man, who has been alleged to be an orator of some skill, is apparently unable to verbally distinguish between a "conspiracy" and a "conspiracy theory" [...]

Pericles
01-08-2016, 08:09 PM
What has really changed? Its like if I was a government agency and I wanted to give away or sell thousands of weapons to Mexican drug cartels, I would now need to get a FFL for that?

Weston White
01-09-2016, 06:23 AM
What he said was that there are some who think he wants to take away all guns and declare martial law. He refered to it as a "Conspiracy (theory)". He said that people "on some websites" would jump to that conclusion.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/politics/transcript-obama-town-hall-guns-in-america/

You are seriously arguing in favor of a man that believes conspiracy "(theories)" are embedded in our DNA? For a man that gets confused by the total number of U.S. states?

And as already stated martial law will be declared with a stipulation for firearms and bullets to be surrendered, only it will not be called that it will be given a pleasant, kitchy sounding name, such as a declaration of national emergency.

presence
01-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Well then,

it seems I now must buy and sell a black market gun as a matter of protest.

Noob
01-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Freedom Watch will be filing a lawsuit against Obama’s executive gun control.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/04/reuters-lawsuits-ready-shut-executive-gun-control/

STAND WITH RAND TO STOP ALL FEDERAL FUNDS FROM BEING USED TO IMPLEMENT PRESIDENT OBAMA'S ANTI-GUN EXECUTIVE ORDERS

https://randpaul.com/f/gun-rights

NO GUN CONTROL, NO DEALS!

https://nagr.org/2015/NoGunControlNoDeals5a.aspx?pid=2b

Noob
01-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Republicans threaten budget showdown over Obama’s gun control actions

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/01/05/republicans-threaten-budget-showdown-over-obamas-gun-control-actions/