PDA

View Full Version : Obama used the NSA to spy on Israel and caught a bunch of congressman

dillo
12-30-2015, 06:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/30/us-spying-on-israel-reportedly-ensnares-members-congress.html

So Obama used to NSA to spy on the Israeli government during the Iran negotiations. That seems normal and logical as they were opposed to the deal. But what did they catch, a bunch of US congressman in the process.

Now this raises a few questions for me.

Are you legally allowed to work with a foreign government to sabotage a treaty being written by your own government? Where is the line between treason and support? Are you allowed to take money from a foreign government?

Dr.3D
12-30-2015, 06:17 PM
Now this raises a few questions for me.

Are you legally allowed to work with a foreign government to sabotage a treaty being written by your own government? Where is the line between treason and support? Are you allowed to take money from a foreign government?

Who was working with a foreign government to sabotage a treaty?
Who was taking money from a foreign government?

dillo
12-30-2015, 06:21 PM
Who was working with a foreign government to sabotage a treaty?
Who was taking money from a foreign government?

Apparently us congressman

Dr.3D
12-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Apparently us congressman
Where did you get that idea?

dillo
12-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Where did you get that idea?

Well the articles that have come out havnt been the most detailed, but it seemed to be the implication that Netenyahu was getting information from them on the deal to try and stay ahead of Obama.

Dr.3D
12-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Well the articles that have come out havnt been the most detailed, but it seemed to be the implication that Netenyahu was getting information from them on the deal to try and stay ahead of Obama.
You are apparently reading too much into it.

dillo
12-30-2015, 06:42 PM
You are apparently reading too much into it.

Maybe, where is the legal line though?

Dr.3D
12-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Maybe, where is the legal line though?
Well, it appears nobody broke the law except the ones who ordered the NSA to spy on congress.

Ronin Truth
12-31-2015, 10:10 AM
Best damned COTUS that the Nation of Rothschild can buy.

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2015, 10:26 AM
obama probably used the foreign excuse so he could spy on congress... thats how they rationalize spying on us citizens talking to foreigners

Chester Copperpot
12-31-2015, 10:27 AM
congress should pass a law UNSEALING obamas birth certificate and school records.

timosman
12-31-2015, 10:30 AM
Well, it appears nobody broke the law except the ones who ordered the NSA to spy on congress.

"Appears" being the operative word here. :cool:

Dr.3D
12-31-2015, 10:46 AM
If Israel were an Islamic state, I doubt this thread would have ever been started.

dillo
12-31-2015, 12:59 PM
If Israel were an Islamic state, I doubt this thread would have ever been started.

really if us congresman were caught privately negotiating with ISIS by the NSA spying on ISIS you dont think it would be relevant

Dr.3D
12-31-2015, 01:33 PM
really if us congresman were caught privately negotiating with ISIS by the NSA spying on ISIS you dont think it would be relevant
We were talking about Israel, not ISIS.

enhanced_deficit
12-31-2015, 01:53 PM
Is it De Ja Vu all over again?

http://i0.wp.com/mycatbirdseat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/jane_harman-Homeland-security.jpg?resize=635%2C457

Spy Story: Harman, Saban, and AIPAC

The trial on espionage-related charges for two former officials of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee starts this summer, unless -- as the Washington Post has demanded -- the Justice Department drops the charges.

Rep. Jane Harman , the California Democrat with a longtime involvement in intelligence issues, was overheard on an NSA wiretap telling a suspected Israeli agent that she would lobby the Justice Department to reduce espionage-related charges against two officials of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee, the most powerful pro-Israel organization in Washington. Harman was recorded saying she would “waddle into” the AIPAC case “if you think it’ll make a difference,” according to two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript.
In exchange for Harman’s help, the sources said, the suspected Israeli agent pledged to help lobby Nancy Pelosi , D-Calif., then-House minority leader, to appoint Harman chair of the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections, which the Democrats were heavily favored to win.
Seemingly wary of what she had just agreed to, according to an official who read the NSA transcript, Harman hung up after saying, “This conversation doesn’t exist.”

And that FBI probe? Reports Stein:
Contrary to reports that the Harman investigation was dropped for “lack of evidence,” it was Alberto R. Gonzales, President Bush’s top counsel and then attorney general, who intervened to stop the Harman probe. Why? Because, according to three top former national security officials, Gonzales wanted Harman to be able to help defend the administration’s warrantless wiretapping program, which was about break in The New York Times and engulf the White House.

http://www.thenation.com/article/spy-story-harman-saban-and-aipac/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MzyjVfxKpqw/ULW1xCqIKKI/AAAAAAABSl8/fB3eXGbk8gc/s1600/Harman_with_Sharon.jpg

http://israellobby.org/economy/economy/aipac3.jpg

Related

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/imagecache/embedded_img_full/image/image_file/P100710PS-0178.jpg?itok=v8DZnXCJ

That shoud give some clue who is behind policies of current regime, including enhanced police stating at home , bloodbaths in Syria that has killed over 200,000 humans /created millions of refugees, violence in Ukraine, US funded destruction in Gaza/settlements expansion etc.

Jane Harman being considered to head CIA despite connection to Israel-AIPAC spy scandal (http://mycatbirdseat.com/2012/11/jane-harman-being-considered-to-head-cia-despite-connection-to-israel-aipac-spy-scandal/)

By Alison Weir -
Nov 13, 2012

dillo
12-31-2015, 07:54 PM
We were talking about Israel, not ISIS.

And you just posted that "if" it was about Isis then I wouldnt have made the thread

Dr.3D
12-31-2015, 08:05 PM
And you just posted that "if" it was about Isis then I wouldnt have made the thread
No, read what I said again.

timosman
12-31-2015, 08:25 PM
http://on.rt.com/70s6

A recent report has revealed that the National Security Agency intercepted communications involving Israeli officials and members of Congress. Republicans are now requesting that the NSA provide them with the details.
Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee have demanded that the NSA provide them with all guidance given to the agency’s employees concerning intercepted private conversations involving Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, his aides, members of Congress, and American Jewish groups. This comes two years after President Obama promised to stop eavesdropping on friendly heads of state.

Committee chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and three other members of the panel – Representatives Ron DeSantis (R-Florida), Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyoming) and Mark Meadows (R-North Carolina) – sent a letter to NSA Director Michael Rogers on Wednesday requesting information on how the agency handles communications involving lawmakers.

The revelation has led Republicans who are usually at odds with one another – national security hawks and civil liberties advocates – to join in common cause.

“I’m appalled by it,” presidential hopeful Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) told Fox News on Wednesday. “You could see how it would stifle speech if you’re going to eavesdrop on congressmen, and that it might stifle what they say or who they communicate with.”

This fear of self-censorship induced by surveillance is not unfounded. Rep. Eliot Engel (D-New York), the top Democratic member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, told The Hill that he wasn't surprised by the report, admitting that he secretly talked with Israeli Ambassador Ron Dermer on two occasions in the lead up to a vote regarding the Iran deal.

“I assume that everything I say — someone is listening. I am careful that what I say in public is what I say in private,” Engel said. “I don’t know what this really tells us.”

Senator Marco Rubio (R-Florida), a noted hawk who has praised NSA spying in his presidential campaign, said that the US’s surveillance of its allies might be worse than previously thought.

“I actually think it might be worse than what some people might think, but this is an issue that we’ll keep a close eye on," Rubio, who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said on Fox & Friends on Wednesday.

“They have a right to be concerned about the fact that while some leaders around the world are no longer being targeted, one of our strongest allies in the Middle East, Israel, is,” he added.

A third Republican presidential contender, Dr. Ben Carson, made a statement condemning the spying on Netanyahu.

“Instead of focusing on deterring the Iran nuclear threat and fighting against the Mullahs who chant ‘Death to America,’ President Obama has treated Israel, our staunch, democratic ally in the Middle East, as his real enemy,” Carson said.

But Twitter users quickly pointed out that Israel is notorious for spying on the United States.

The reaction of Republican lawmakers was markedly different when it was revealed by that the NSA was spying on certain allied heads of state, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff. Their ire was largely focused on Edward Snowden, the whistleblower that leaked the information.

Barack Obama subsequently put the communications of heads of state, such as Merkel and French President Francois Hollande, on a protected list. However, as a workaround, he allowed the communications of their top aides to be monitored.