PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Congress would rate itself?

DamianTV
12-30-2015, 02:49 PM
Congress has single digit approval ratings. But the way that each individual Congressman sees themselves as others are messed up but not themselves. Most people wont claim to be perfect, but when it comes down to the specific things that they do, I think each individual would rate themselves as a lot better than others rate them. And there in lies one of our core problems. When both sides refuse to accept responsibility for each problem that that both sides try to call out the other on, that only worsens the problems, and when both sides refuse to listen, that becomes a major precursor of violence. There is no positive way out for either side.

So just out of curiousity, Im pretty sure that we would each rate Congress with very low approval ratings, but its not the point. How do you think Congress would rate itself?

Zippyjuan
12-30-2015, 03:20 PM
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1052119/excellent-bill-and-ted-phrases-you-can-use-in-any-situation

http://cdn.skim.gs/images/c_fill,dpr_1.0,h_391,w_695/v1/msi/sbyhy8dcisuwgblky5op/excellent-bill-and-ted-phrases-you-can-use-in-any-situation

enhanced_deficit
12-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Excellently Outstanding.

euphemia
12-30-2015, 06:37 PM
They practically dislocate their shoulders patting themselves on the back.

Cabal
12-30-2015, 06:41 PM
In private, outstanding.

In the public media, they pander to the displeased masses and blame the other party for Congress' poor performance. That way, Boobus' ire is redirected into the partisan blame game to distract from scrutinizing the nonsensical institution known as the State and the corrupt shits that occupy it.

Occam's Banana
12-30-2015, 06:42 PM
How do you think Congress would rate itself? The same way any other gang of narcissistic sociopaths would ...

Zippyjuan
12-30-2015, 06:56 PM
People hate congress- except their own representative who they keep sending back over and over.

Voluntarist
12-30-2015, 07:10 PM
xxxxx

LibertyEagle
12-30-2015, 07:13 PM
Oops, I misread it and thought it said "should". So, I voted "terrible". lol

Occam's Banana
12-30-2015, 07:30 PM
When both sides refuse to accept responsibility for each problem that that both sides try to call out the other on, that only worsens the problems, and when both sides refuse to listen, that becomes a major precursor of violence.

In the public media, they pander to the displeased masses and blame the other party for Congress' poor performance. That way, Boobus' ire is redirected into the partisan blame game to distract from scrutinizing the nonsensical institution known as the State and the corrupt shits that occupy it.

Divide et impera.

People hate congress - except their own representative who they keep sending back over and over.

I hate Congress and I don't make an exception for my own "representative" (and I don't keep sending him back over and over, either).

Am I (and others for whom the same is true) not "people?"

And as for those people who do what you describe while professing to "hate Congress" - are they not yet another demonstration of the self-deluding foolishness inherent in (the illusion of) democracy?

timosman
12-30-2015, 07:54 PM
How would you rate yourself as a human being? :confused:

Dianne
12-30-2015, 10:01 PM
Since 95% of them are chronic liars and fit for prison, rather than Congress... I am sure they will rate themselves outstanding.

Cabal
12-31-2015, 12:18 AM
Divide et impera.

You'd think after well-documented centuries upon centuries of it, people would have learned by now.

r3volution 3.0
12-31-2015, 01:39 AM
Cautiously, after conducting the focus groups