PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Day: Open Carry to become Legal in Texas

goldenequity
12-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Transitioning now from Concealed Carry to Open Carry... Texan Gunslingers can come out of the Closet. ;)

►Right to ‘bare’ arms: Open carry to become legal in Texas (https://www.rt.com/usa/327285-texas-open-carry-begins/)

It’s a prohibition that has lasted since the end of the Civil War, but it will finally come to an end on New Year’s Day: Texas will become the 45th state in the Union to allow the open carry of handguns.

On January 1, in accordance with a law passed in June, the Texas Concealed Handgun License (CHL) will cease to be issued. It will be replaced by the License to Carry (LTC) as residents of the Lone Star State renew or apply to carry a weapon. Permits are initially good for four years, and can be renewed for five-year periods afterwards, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Nearly 914,000 Texans ‒ or almost 4 percent of the state’s 27 million residents ‒ have a current license to concealed carry firearms.

And...

In August 2016... Campuses join the Wild West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7mvxhVRUeI#t=137

TheTexan
12-28-2015, 03:47 PM
My concern with this, is it might make cops less safe

phill4paul
12-28-2015, 04:01 PM
And by "the right to bear arms" they mean get a license for the privilege? Freedom!

goldenequity
12-28-2015, 04:47 PM
My concern with this, is it might make cops less safe

No worries.. 44 other States prove otherwise I think.

robertwerden
12-28-2015, 05:07 PM
I am a member of OCT and we fought hard for Constitutional Carry. We almost had it, but Johnathan Sticklands Bill got buried and Don Huffine retracted his at the last second out of a show of respect to the Open Carry bill that passed. Huffines added an amendment that had passed in the house, but fucked up on copying it word for word, causing it to get pulled at the last second before final vote. We almost had an amendment that would prevent the cops from a license check stop. There is case law that will need to be relitigated on that part.
This next session we will have a strong push to get rid of licensing. I would suggest that will pass if it is properly done.

Keith and stuff
12-28-2015, 08:35 PM
What, 45 other states pretty much already allow this or much better? Still, progress anywhere is good! TX sure isn't moving in the horrible direction VA is moving in, so that's good news.