PDA

View Full Version : American Cops Now Steal More Property than All US Burglars Combined

DamianTV
12-28-2015, 02:34 PM
http://www.activistpost.com/2015/11/american-cops-now-steal-more-property-than-all-us-burglars-combined.html

By Matt Agorist

For decades now, federal government and their cohorts in law enforcement have been carrying out theft of the citizenry on a massive scale. We’re not talking about taxes, but an insidious power known as Civil Asset Forfeiture (CAF).

The 1980s-era laws were designed to drain resources from powerful criminal organizations, but CAF has become a tool for law enforcement agencies across the U.S. to steal money and property from countless innocent people.

No criminal charge is required for this confiscation, resulting in easy inflows of cash for law enforcement departments and the proliferation of abuse. This phenomenon is known as “policing for profit.”

In the last 25 years, the amount of “profit” stolen through CAF has skyrocketted.

According to the US Department of Justice, the value of asset forfeiture revoceries by US authorities from 1989-2010 was $12,667,612,066, increasing on average 19.5% per year.

In 2008, law enforcement took over $1.5 billion from the American public. While this number seems incredibly large, just a few years later, in 2014, that number tripled to nearly $4.5 billion.

When we examine these numbers, and their nearly exponential growth curve, it appears that police in America are getting really good at separating the citizen from their property — not just really good, criminally good.

To put this number into perspective, according to the FBI, victims of burglary offenses suffered an estimated $3.9 billion in property losses in 2014.

That means that law enforcement in America has stolen $600,000,000 more from Americans that actual criminal burglars.

Full article on link at top of post.

---

My two cents? No. Shit. Sherlock.

Okay, thats three cents, but please forgive me as i went to a Public School.

Henry Rogue
12-28-2015, 02:43 PM
I'm not even surprised.

Anti Federalist
12-28-2015, 02:47 PM
This is called free-dumb

fisharmor
12-28-2015, 03:15 PM
This came up before... the point I made before which needs to be repeated is that what police are doing is not burglary, it's armed robbery.
And to make any kind of comparison you need to look at the FBI figures on armed robbery, which are actually much higher than the burglary figures.

And the asset forfeitures still dwarf even armed robbery figures.​

Spikender
12-28-2015, 03:19 PM
I guess the freelance criminals chose the wrong profession if they wanted to make some real scrilla.

TheTexan
12-28-2015, 03:34 PM
It's not theft though, because if you can prove that you did not acquire it by theft or drug dealing or money laundering you can have it back.

Acceptable evidence of this is a 24/7 live stream video of all your actions over the past 5 years, and a log of all financial transactions since 1992.

I hope you keep good records.