PDA

View Full Version : Yoots, Mall this time

tod evans
12-28-2015, 07:50 AM
From Drudge;

Mall Mayhem: Over 1,000 Teens Shut Down Kentucky Mall

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mall-mayhem-1000-teens-shut-kentucky-mall/story?id=35963312

A mall in Louisville, Kentucky, reopened this morning after over 1,000 teens loitering, fighting and refusing to leave businesses forced the shopping center to shut down Saturday night, police said.

Around 7 p.m., police started to receive disturbance calls from the Mall St. Mathews regarding "juveniles who were loitering, refusing to leave businesses, fights, those kinds of things," St. Matthews Police spokesman Dennis McDonald told ABC News today.

McDonald said the department always stations an extra police presence at the mall during the holidays, and there were six officers at the mall Saturday assigned to help mall security.

"As they responded, those calls continued to mount up and they could not handle the volume of calls that they were receiving," he said.

The incidents involved between 1,000 and 2,000 teens, McDonald said. Calls continued to pour in, so police requested assistance from neighboring agencies.

"A lot of the juveniles were being confrontational," he continued. "Officers were being cussed at, yelled at, harassed." :eek:

There were no arrests, McDonald said, saying officers were solely focused on "restoring order." A few minor injuries were reported, he said, as a result of people "running" and "shoving."

Management eventually decided to close the entire mall early, The Associated Press said.

Mall St. Mathews has over 100 stores, as well as restaurants and a movie theater, according to its website. McDonald called it "probably the largest mall in Kentucky."

Mall security told ABC News today the shopping center reopened at 11 a.m. Mall security did not provide any further information. The management officer could not be immediately reached for comment.

"We'll have a law enforcement presence there today," McDonald said. "We'll be working with mall management and mall security to see if they can come up with any policies ... to curb this kind of behavior in the future."

angelatc
12-28-2015, 08:23 AM
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width_large/hash/e9/d6/e9d64f9c5151ca2ef376e87e65af6c98.jpg

tod evans
12-28-2015, 09:00 AM
Hmmm,

Filthadelphia;

500 people involved in large disruption at Deptford Mall

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2015/12/deptford_center_mall_large_disturbance.html

DEPTFORD TWP. — Confusion broke out at the Deptford Mall Saturday night after a "large disturbance" involving more than 500 people erupted near the food court.

Multiple law enforcement agencies from both Gloucester and Camden counties were called to the mall, located on Deptford Center Road.

Videos posted on social media show droves of people dispersing near the Sears store on the second level.

One juvenile was arrested in the incident, police said.

Officials at this time are not describing the incident as a "fight," but rather a "large disturbance" as there have been no reports of any assaults or injuries.

However, several people on social media characterized the incident as "a fight."

Police only had limited information but said that there was no evidence of any gunshots and that no weapons had been recovered.

However, authorities said the matter remains under investigation and additional charges "may be pending," said Lt. Kevin Pancoast, of the Deptford Police Department.

The staff at the Deptford Center Mall said they were not authorized to comment on the incident. Employees at the Sears store in the mall also decline comment.

WARNING: This video contains some foul language
Deptford mall right now ���� pic.twitter.com/VgsN1iMDjZ

— Sierra (@sexSIE_) December 27, 2015

puppetmaster
12-28-2015, 11:34 AM
Must have been out of tennis shoes.

enhanced_deficit
12-28-2015, 02:37 PM
News I read yesterday had said it was 2000 teens, forgot which news outlet it was.

catfeathers
12-28-2015, 08:02 PM
I wonder if the trouble in Louisville had anything to do with Louisville losing to UK earlier in the day?

Uriel999
12-29-2015, 01:40 AM
Since we just had a thread about why police would need a grenade launcher this is the exact reason why.

Keep in mind I am not suggesting police get HEDP rounds, but non lethal crowd dispersement rounds such as bean bags and rubber bullets.

DamianTV
12-29-2015, 02:10 AM
We need Mall Police to protect us from, wait for it, Teenagers?

---

Side note, Unrelated.

My boss recently kicked his son out of his house. I saw his room today. His son had literally graffitti'd his own walls in his own room. What a fucking loser. Who grafitties their own house? The level of ignorance that it takes to do something that stupid just befuddles me to no end. Is this really what teenagers are like nowadays? Did I miss the bus or something? I sure as hell caused my fair share of trouble as a teen, but never in my right mind would I ever have thought graffitting my own room would somehow do anything for me in any way shape or form! What the fuck is wrong with our youth? Dont answer that, I already know damn good and well, but its just one of those rhetorical questions that one has to go WTF SMH...

TheTexan
12-29-2015, 02:10 AM
I'm glad the cops are OK.

RonPaulIsGreat
12-29-2015, 07:24 AM
We need Mall Police to protect us from, wait for it, Teenagers?

---

Side note, Unrelated.

My boss recently kicked his son out of his house. I saw his room today. His son had literally graffitti'd his own walls in his own room. What a fucking loser. Who grafitties their own house? The level of ignorance that it takes to do something that stupid just befuddles me to no end. Is this really what teenagers are like nowadays? Did I miss the bus or something? I sure as hell caused my fair share of trouble as a teen, but never in my right mind would I ever have thought graffitting my own room would somehow do anything for me in any way shape or form! What the fuck is wrong with our youth? Dont answer that, I already know damn good and well, but its just one of those rhetorical questions that one has to go WTF SMH...

Kids don't hatch, your boss is 99% chance a shitty parent.

Ender
12-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Side note, Unrelated.

Was it the kid's room? If so, then he should be able to decorate it any way he wants.

He is probably rebelling against his parents in the only way he knows how- happens.

helmuth_hubener
12-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Kids don't hatch. Exactly. It's lack of discipline on the parents' part, unwillingness to be strict, to be the bad guy, unwillingness to put in the effort and time to teach children how to be. Each generation since about 1900 has declined in this way; each new generation of parents is less strict and less disciplining than the previous. It's the toxicity of wealth -- abundance and comfort destroys character.

Exhibit A on today's permissive parental philosophy:
Was it the kid's room? If so, then he should be able to decorate it any way he wants. No offense to Ender, but this would be an utterly bizarre and incomprehensible viewpoint back in 1870. Today, it is firmly in the main hump of the bell curve of parenting styles.

tod evans
12-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Was it the kid's room? If so, then he should be able to decorate it any way he wants.

He is probably rebelling against his parents in the only way he knows how- happens.

Highly doubtful.

It was probably a room in his parents house where he slept.

This idea that kids have free run is nuts, they earn freedoms and they get them taken away for misbehavior...

For severe misbehavior or disrespect they get their ass busted, grounded, etc...

If you ever have kids maybe you'll learn...........

They're all different though.

Ender
12-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Highly doubtful.

It was probably a room in his parents house where he slept.

This idea that kids have free run is nuts, they earn freedoms and they get them taken away for misbehavior...

For severe misbehavior or disrespect they get their ass busted, grounded, etc...

If you ever have kids maybe you'll learn...........

They're all different though.

I deal with troubled youth on a daily basis. Most of the problems I see are actually initiated by the parents.

One kid, who was a blinkin' genius, had his journal read by his parents. They panicked, decided he was messed up, and sent him to all kinds of remedial programs, drug rehab, wilderness programs, etc. and literally sent him to the dark side. By the time he was in my programs he was so angry that there was very little one could do to reach him. He hated everybody and everything.

Slowly, in our arts programs, he began to soften. One day, after he began to trust me, he brought his journal to me so I could read what had set his parents off.

I was blown away.

The writings were about a fantasy world that he had created and was developing. There was NOTHING evil or messed up about any of it. Just a lot of imagination and talent.

Long story, short- he became an outstanding writer and supports a family with his writing.

The kid doing graffiti is rebelling and trying to get some attention; if his parents treat him like he's scum, he's going to act like it.

BTW- we all have to go through it- better for a kid to rebel in their teens than in their 40's.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2015, 02:22 PM
We're they black youths? If they were, that is very surprising for the mall in St. Matthew's. St. Matthew's is one of the whitest, most affluent part of Kentucky.

helmuth_hubener
12-29-2015, 02:47 PM
We're they black youths?

Sure looks like it, from the image posted by angelatc.

RonPaulMall
12-29-2015, 02:56 PM
We're they black youths? If they were, that is very surprising for the mall in St. Matthew's. St. Matthew's is one of the whitest, most affluent part of Kentucky.

St. Matthews is a nice enclave, but geographically it is not far at all from the worst of Louisville's ghettos. Areas like that (and there are thousands of them across the country) have always been playing with fire and not type of places you want to live when the economic crisis hits.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Sure looks like it, from the image posted by angelatc.

Well, then no wonder everybody freaked out. St. Matthews is rich and white.

helmuth_hubener
12-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Well, then no wonder everybody freaked out. St. Matthews is rich and white.And you self-righteously call everybody else racist!

Yes, civilized people do not readily accept the reprehensible behavior of animal-humans. If you want to equate being civilized to being white, well, certainly you are right statistically, but not absolutely nor universally.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2015, 03:06 PM
St. Matthews is a nice enclave, but geographically it is not far at all from the worst of Louisville's ghettos. Areas like that (and there are thousands of them across the country) have always been playing with fire and not type of places you want to live when the economic crisis hits.

No, it's not close to the ghetto. I lived there almost all my life. St. Matthews, Indian Hills, Lagrange, Prospect, are the most affluent parts of the state. It's far away from the West End, where the ghettos are.

I forgot you wwere into that apocalyptic race war stuff. Must be why you like Trump.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2015, 03:08 PM
And you self-righteously call everybody else racist!

Yes, civilized people do not readily accept the reprehensible behavior of animal-humans. If you want to equate being civilized to being white, well, certainly you are right statistically, but not absolutely nor universally.

I'm just offering an explanation of why the police were involved. These suburban east enders drinking their cappuccinos were probably mortified.

Edit: Also, although I am a Christian and therefore can't divide people by race, I am more than ok with allowing people to be as racist as they want. People will always be ignorant. It's white nationalism that is the real danger to liberty.

helmuth_hubener
12-29-2015, 03:33 PM
I'm just offering an explanation of why the police were involved. Gotcha. Maybe, though, it might have had a bit more to do with the shouting, threatening, trespassing, and violence from an out-of-control mob, than with the mob being black.

Just a wild guess.

I am more than ok with allowing people to be as racist as they want. Well, good for you, then. I may have been thinking more of erowe. As for me, I don't even know what "racist" means. So I guess it's OK for people to be it. If they can figure out what it is.

tod evans
12-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Edit: It's white nationalism that is the real danger to liberty.

Why would "white" nationalism be any more of a danger than black or Mexican nationalism?

Or Korean/Chinese/Japanese, etc....?

DamianTV
12-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks guys. I didnt mean to derail the thread. Only reason I posted that was because it is that type of teen that rebels against their parents in the most destructive ways possible as will go to a mall and seek to destroy the property of others or ruin anything anyone else sees as good. Definitely troubled and sadly, you are all correct, much of the trouble I see is caused by his father.

Of course, what are all of us? Are we not the inevitable result of "troubled youths" that do not trust abusive authority? What happens when "troubled youths" extend that same distrust into their 40's? I know I have had my fair share of dealings with truly Abusive Authority. How about all of you? Have you encountered something similar even if you didnt rebel or act out or become destructive?

tod evans
12-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys. I didnt mean to derail the thread. Only reason I posted that was because it is that type of teen that rebels against their parents in the most destructive ways possible as will go to a mall and seek to destroy the property of others or ruin anything anyone else sees as good. Definitely troubled and sadly, you are all correct, much of the trouble I see is caused by his father.

Of course, what are all of us? Are we not the inevitable result of "troubled youths" that do not trust abusive authority? What happens when "troubled youths" extend that same distrust into their 40's? I know I have had my fair share of dealings with truly Abusive Authority. How about all of you? Have you encountered something similar even if you didnt rebel or act out or become destructive?

I started buckin' authority in the late 60's early 70's, haven't stopped yet.

However even 40+ years ago I realized that destroying private property wasn't an effective means of anything positive...

Valli6
12-29-2015, 05:56 PM
St. Matthew's is one of the whitest, most affluent parst of Kentucky.

Well, then no wonder everybody freaked out. St. Matthews is rich and white.

I lived there almost all my life.
I can't help but notice that, white people who've been very well-off their entire lives seem incapable of viewing other white people as anything other than racists...which strikes me as bigoted.

nobody's_hero
12-30-2015, 05:49 AM
The kid doing graffiti is rebelling and trying to get some attention; if his parents treat him like he's scum, he's going to act like it.

BTW- we all have to go through it- better for a kid to rebel in their teens than in their 40's.

Umm. Expecting your kids to not paint on the walls is not akin to treating them like scum, lol.

Ender
12-30-2015, 09:50 AM
Umm. Expecting your kids to not paint on the walls is not akin to treating them like scum, lol.

LOL- true- but, you are misunderstanding what I am saying. ;)

The painting of the walls is a reaction- not the first action. Just my experience with troubled youth.