View Full Version : New Rambo Movie: A great talking point

valis23
12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
New Rambo Movie: A great talking point

"So, you going to see the new Rambo movie?"

"Yeah, it looks cool"

"I hope they stick with the original storyline"

"Me, too"

"If we're lucky, Rambo will reunite with some his old allies, the Muhajadeen and bin Laden's crew - you know, the freedom fighters.
.. You've seen the original's right? The freedom fighters that helped us beat the russians?"

"Say, what....?"

ross11988
12-06-2007, 11:03 PM
HAHA yea that could work

rollingpig
12-06-2007, 11:12 PM
LOL,that's a good one

valis23
12-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Did Rambo ever stop loving Osama?
http://www.apfn.net/messageboard/4-21-03/discussion.cgi.41.html

valis23
12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
HAHA yea that could work

It already has. I has 3 people say tonight: "you must be wrong, I gotta check that for myself"

I'm just saying, as a means of interjecting the topic of the "blowback" that is created by our foreign ploicy, into the public discourse:
THIS IS A GOLD MINE

TheNewYorker
12-06-2007, 11:49 PM
wtf?

valis23
12-07-2007, 12:07 AM
wtf?My thought exactly.

asgardshill
12-07-2007, 05:32 AM
The movie will probably be two hours of various turbaned extras laughing at Sly Stallone due to all the weight he's put on since the Rambo franchise was hot. And, will the special effects department be able to accurately portray an RPG that uses The Clapper to activate it and can be fired from a walker?

Pass.

Wingman
12-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Actually I think Rambo the movies is quite good

Sylvester looks a bit dumb but I think he has a unique perception

Rambo helps portray a real masculine side - it shows how even the most masculine of guys can be misled in a war. here he is brave capable and really quite smart and yet his country does not treat him right. so i feel rambo movies are a good depiction of what can be the worst aspects of war.

also it shows that rambo - who is just a warrior - still values true and good values - even in the supposed "enemies" i the middle east etc. the movies shows he rspects courage and values no matter where they come from. so should we.