PDA

View Full Version : Dem. Rep. Gabbard disagrees with Clinton, Obama on ISIS

Brian4Liberty
12-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Dem. Rep. Gabbard disagrees with Clinton, Obama on ISIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkTmZbONbp4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkTmZbONbp4

osan
12-27-2015, 07:31 AM
Why the hell isn't she running? And why the hell is she a Democrat?

That aside, her assessments are rational.

To be overly generous, I am wondering whether the thinking here could have formed in the wake of cold war history. What I mean is this: had we engaged in a first strike at any time during the 1950s, the Soviet Union would have dissolved within hours. Contrary to the pablum force-fed to the endlessly naïve American populace in those days, the Soviets were as backward as it got. Had we not spoon-fed them the recipes for both fission and fusion bombs, those idiots would still be trying to figure it out.

Of course, Theye were intentionally ramping the Soviets up to parity with us with the bi-weekly informational communiques from Ft. Monmouth, so there was no possibility of a first strike. But had we not been a co-opted land, and assuming Patton had not gone in to wipe the Soviets from the face of the earth, a first strike on all known Soviet military facilities, as well as Moscow and perhaps a few other well-chosen cities, would have put that baby to bed for good.

Knowing this, could it be what is driving this apparently insane mindset that Obama holds? As the good lady mentioned, a unilaterally declared no-fly zone stands to lead to very big problems not for just America and Russia, but the entire planet. At this point, the Russians will never back down from such a challenge. To do so would be disastrous to their strategic position in the world. Russians may be shitty people in many ways, but they are badass as they come and would never stand for such fiat, especially from a man viewed by most of the world as an utter weakling and barely closeted homosexual. Once the first Russian plane is downed by American fire, it is anybody's guess where that would lead.

If Obama, or whoever it is that pulls his strings thinks that they can bully the Russians into submission, they have a very rude surprise in store, assuming the Russians are not in on all this as players in a grand political theater production - a possibility I cannot dismiss out of hand. But assuming that what we see is essentially what we actually have, ObamaBluster is going to have one of three most likely effects: destroying Russian political credibility for a long time to come, the same for America, or a very large European style war, which I do not believe America is prepared to fight, nor is likely to win as we did in 1945. We do not have the industrial base to support it, nor the time to rebuild it. I would also guarantee that China would not be our friends in such a circumstance. It would be their supreme, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see their two greatest political rivals kill each other.

As to such a war, while our military equipment is generally superior to that of the Russians, it is no longer so much so that it would adequately make up for the glaring differences in sheer numbers. Russia as some thirteen THOUSAND tanks. We don't have enough A10s to kill all that, methinks, and nowhere nearly enough M1A3s to fight them head to head. The Soviet tanks T-54 - T72 were shit, save for one element: their VERY good 125mm smoothbore guns. That was the one place where they actually taught us something. Until the Abrams, we used rifled guns, replete with the weak-fart muzzle velocities that couldn't quite punch a hole in wet sheets of toilet paper. The Soviet gun was well able to bust any tank we had without breaking a sweat. We adopted the same philosophy, much to our wise benefit. But now the Russians have the T94 and the new T-14, replete with reactive armor and so forth. I do not believe a massive armored conflict would end in America's favor, though we would indeed put a good hurting on them - a useless result, however, in such endeavors.

Russian aircraft are primitive compared with ours, but they are fast, maneuverable, and built like blood tanks. There are stories of planes landing on their bellies, being jacked from the tarmac, the gear lowered, refueled, rearmed, and sent right back into service. No American military aircraft is capable of this. The ONLY way to defeat Russia in an air war would be from very long distances. Their numbers are simply too great. That is where the F22 stands to come into its own... both of them. F15/16 would not have a chance, the F18 is a piece of shit in dog-fight scenarios, the F35 a piece of shit in ALL scenarios, and the F14 is, as I have recently learned, no longer in service.

But I digress.

If my generosity in not assuming Bammy and Clinton are simply cracked is not completely misplaced and in fact they are thinking that we can bully the Russians into toeing our line with things like no-fly zones, we stand to realize the thing that had Americans terrorized for forty years: global nuclear war.

Nice going, assholes.

Peace Piper
12-27-2015, 10:29 AM
A Democrat saying regime change is illegal. Imagine that. This is a breakthrough.

She's not afraid to oppose Obomba or the Wasserman Shultz poodle and here she is asking
Ashton "Goldman Sachs" Carter about Nuclear War with Russia. If she could just get a few
of those in her party to start thinking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW72MAcQkGw

And what does she think about spying on Americans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HbBazqc2Kk

Rand should work with her, if he isn't already.
This is the best Democrat to come along in years.

http://gabbard.house.gov/

XNavyNuke
12-27-2015, 10:45 AM
Why the hell isn't she running? And why the hell is she a Democrat?

That aside, her assessments are rational.

The Democratic Party machinery hates her.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/12/politics/bernie-sanders-tulsi-gabbard-dnc-debate/

. Washington (CNN)Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said she was disinvited from Tuesday night's first Democratic debate after voicing a call for more of them.

Gabbard, the vice chair of the Democratic National Committee, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Monday on "The Situation Room" she was told her vocal support for more debates had made her "no longer welcome to come to the debate."

The Clinton's control the apparatus at this point, exclusively. There will be no opportunities to repeat the mistakes of 2007/08.

The republic is dead. This is imperial politics on both sides now. Only the strongest will claw their way onto the throne.

XNN

afwjam
12-27-2015, 01:13 PM
My rep. Sent her an ecouraging letter.

Brian4Liberty
12-27-2015, 01:19 PM
She's a Hawaiian Democrat, not a New York Democrat. A lot of territory between the two.