PDA

View Full Version : Number of GOP polls jumps 90 percent in four years

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2015, 01:43 PM
Is America getting addicted to polls? Or this just temporary Trump mania factor?

Number of GOP polls jumps 90 percent in four years

By Matt Viser Globe Staff December 26, 2015
WASHINGTON – Flip on the TV news: Polls. Open a newspaper: Polls. Surf the Internet: Polls, polls, more polls.
America’s obsession with political surveys has reached record heights in this presidential campaign season, with polls of early states, polls of the nation, and even a “poll of polls” that determines who gets a slot on the GOP debate stages.
The number of polls of Republican voters in the first three primary and caucus states — Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina — has skyrocketed nearly 90 percent compared with the 2012 GOP primary, according to a Globe review of polls tracked by the news website Real Clear Politics.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2015/12/25/explosion-polling-early-primary-states-fueling-obsession-with-horse-race-politics/8bIVSb392uRqr9eSIgFsyM/story.html

KEEF
12-26-2015, 02:31 PM
I think with this instant gratification society that we live in, people need more and more instantaneous confirmation on how to think and that what they are thinking is being recognized by the public.

Then people can feel good about participating in the system without actually working on improving jack shit.

TheTexan
12-26-2015, 03:19 PM
The more polls the better. I love voting in polls.

I think all threads should have polls.