PDA

View Full Version : Narcotics Unit Captain Resigns-Mississippi Cops Use Threats of Violence and Prison to Recruit

ChristianAnarchist
12-25-2015, 01:56 AM
https://reason.com/blog/2015/10/05/mississippi-cops-use-threats-of-violence

(UPDATE: Narcotics Unit Captain Resigns) Mississippi Cops Use Threats of Violence and Prison to Recruit College Kids as Informants (https://reason.com/blog/2015/10/05/mississippi-cops-use-threats-of-violence) First-time drug offenders are coerced into becoming informants on the campus of Ole Miss.
I'm glad to see this goon resigned after pressure from Ole Miss. Our son goes there and I learned about this practice of the Oxford police where they would catch some student with some small amount of drugs into working "undercover" for them to make bigger busts. Some students were hurt when they were found to be a snitch and I believe one was even killed. I told the dean that this practice of the goons threatening the students with huge jail sentences if they did not help has to stop. It turns out the university pays something like $100k to the police department every year and told him that I was tired of the university calling me as a parent of a student for "donations" when they were taking my money and giving it to the police so they could do this shit...

unknown
12-25-2015, 04:03 PM
Ah, the "war" on drugs.

What would cops do if they were legalized?

Write more traffic tickets?

sparebulb
12-25-2015, 04:56 PM
60 Minutes did an excellent piece on this at Ole Miss.

It almost approached the level of real journalism.

At least one of their forced snitches got whacked. They can't solve who did it. They have recorded threats of violence from the head dick to another one of their snitches. Predictably, the cops themselves are not suspects in this man's death, even though they make death threats to those snitches that don't produce enough busts for them.

tod evans
12-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Ah, the "war" on drugs.

What would cops do if they were legalized?

Write more traffic tickets?

But,but.............We neeeeeeeeeed kops to keep us safe.

Think of the children man.

tod evans
12-25-2015, 05:25 PM
//

ChristianAnarchist
12-25-2015, 11:54 PM
60 Minutes did an excellent piece on this at Ole Miss.

It almost approached the level of real journalism.

At least one of their forced snitches got whacked. They can't solve who did it. They have recorded threats of violence from the head dick to another one of their snitches. Predictably, the cops themselves are not suspects in this man's death, even though they make death threats to those snitches that don't produce enough busts for them.

I've seen some clips from that episode but never the full thing. I'd like to see it. I wonder if they have it streamed somewhere?

ChristianAnarchist
12-26-2015, 04:17 PM
I went to the 60 minutes web site and watched the 3 videos they have for this "confidential informant" story and now I'm mad all over again. What the goons do to goon us is just infuriating!! These goons are the lowest of the low. They want to get some extra "funds" to fund their gooning so they trick youngsters into luring their classmates into selling them some dope so the goons can ask for more money. It doesn't matter to them whether these kids lives are being ruined by this practice. They "justify" their gooning behavior by claiming that these kids are "criminals". They are not "innocent". What about YOU goon?? How "innocent" are YOU??