PDA

View Full Version : Rand should pull NH resources and move them SC

limequat
12-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I know, it sounds stupid but hear me out.

NH is incredibly crowded right now. Many establishment candidates are making their final stand there: Jeb, Kasick, Christie, Forina. Not to mention Trump and Cruz who both have plenty of money to burn. And NH seems to like the moderates. Not so much Live-Free-Or-Die, anymore with all the Massholes moving over.

Meanwhile, SC is virtually being ignored. Those establishment moderates won't play in SC. Rand is polling 9% in the South, easily double his national average, according to the latest CNN poll. And he has 36% of the 18-29 vote in SC already. Let the Rinos fight over scraps in NH. Go into SC and own the place. Follow it up with a big win in Nevada and roll into the SEC primary with momentum.

Crashland
12-23-2015, 01:29 PM
I don't agree that Rand is polling 9% in the south. Maybe in one poll with a tiny southern sample, but everything else points to him being less than 2%. SC and Georgia and Florida polls have consistently had Rand underperforming his national average.

jkob
12-23-2015, 01:54 PM
South Carolina isn't too liberty friendly, Ron way underperformed his other performances there and elsewhere in the southeast. They love the Military Industrial Complex.

If Rand can't do well in Iowa or New Hampshire then I'm not sure anywhere will work, probably not even Kentucky.

thatpeculiarcat
12-23-2015, 02:40 PM
There are some states where the towel should be thrown in, and I think SC is one of them; their Christians booed the Golden Rule. Any state Newt Gingrich won, we should probably just forget about.

I agree with the sentiment that Rand should forgo NH on account of it becoming the last stand for Christie and Kasich. All of Rand's efforts should be put into IA and NV right now. SC will not be our state and depending on our momentum, neither will GA, AR, AL, or FL. We could do well in AK with Palin's endorsement, if it ever comes. Minnesota, Maine, Kentucky, and Montana are at least plausible.

CPUd
12-23-2015, 02:46 PM
I doubt they are pulling anyone out of NH, they just added staff there. Whatever moves they make, they will try to do quietly. Remember what happened a couple months ago when they put a guy on his Senate campaign, it was being reported as Rand getting ready to drop out.

LatinsforPaul
12-23-2015, 02:48 PM
There are some states where the towel should be thrown in, and I think SC is one of them; their Christians booed the Golden Rule. Any state Newt Gingrich won, we should probably just forget about.

I agree with the sentiment that Rand should forgo NH on account of it becoming the last stand for Christie and Kasich. All of Rand's efforts should be put into IA and NV right now. SC will not be our state and depending on our momentum, neither will GA, AR, AL, or FL. We could do well in AK with Palin's endorsement, if it ever comes. Minnesota, Maine, Kentucky, and Montana are at least plausible.

Believe it or not, Rand might be able to get some of the delegates that are up for grabs by Districts. He currently has the endorsement of two SC congressmen and with a win in Iowa, it could give him a few more endorsements which in turn might give him a shot at top three in SC with some added delegates.

CPUd
12-23-2015, 02:56 PM
Yes, SC is winner-take all by state and CD. He can get some delegates from SC. NH is proportional statewide, if he gets at least 10% of the vote, he gets delegates from there too.

thatpeculiarcat
12-23-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, SC is winner-take all by state and CD. He can get some delegates from SC. NH is proportional statewide, if he gets at least 10% of the vote, he gets delegates from there too.

Believe it or not, Rand might be able to get some of the delegates that are up for grabs by Districts. He currently has the endorsement of two SC congressmen and with a win in Iowa, it could give him a few more endorsements which in turn might give him a shot at top three in SC with some added delegates.

I don't remember it being like that last time around? I remember Ron finishing 4th and getting virtually nothing from it. I remember the most hooplah around districts was WV.

erowe1
12-23-2015, 04:38 PM
If anything, I'd say to put everything in Iowa. With a win there, it would boost him in NH, where he really does have potential to do really well if the voters see him as a top contender.

CPUd
12-23-2015, 04:42 PM
I don't remember it being like that last time around? I remember Ron finishing 4th and getting virtually nothing from it. I remember the most hooplah around districts was WV.

If someone gets 40% there like Newt did, there's a really slim chance anyone else can take a CD

Dianne
12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
I know, it sounds stupid but hear me out.

NH is incredibly crowded right now. Many establishment candidates are making their final stand there: Jeb, Kasick, Christie, Forina. Not to mention Trump and Cruz who both have plenty of money to burn. And NH seems to like the moderates. Not so much Live-Free-Or-Die, anymore with all the Massholes moving over.

Meanwhile, SC is virtually being ignored. Those establishment moderates won't play in SC. Rand is polling 9% in the South, easily double his national average, according to the latest CNN poll. And he has 36% of the 18-29 vote in SC already. Let the Rinos fight over scraps in NH. Go into SC and own the place. Follow it up with a big win in Nevada and roll into the SEC primary with momentum.

Wow, I would think SC would be the last place Rand could do well. New Hampshire should be his big push. I'm sure he has the Free State Project working 24/7 on the ground for him. South Carolina has re-elected Lindsey Graham two billion times. They love a good war and probably one of the only states I believe Bush would have a chance of winning .... SC is that bad. I know, I grew up there.

puppetmaster
12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
If someone gets 40% there like Newt did, there's a really slim chance anyone else can take a CD get newt to campaign for rand.

thoughtomator
12-23-2015, 05:08 PM
There's no way SC goes for Rand. This state is full of Christian evangelicals and they will flock to whoever flatters their End Times fantasies. Rand cannot convincingly do the politician-preacher bit and he's not over the top with war rhetoric, which means he's a no-sale here.

CPUd
12-23-2015, 06:42 PM
This is what it looked like in 2012, though not necessarily an indicator of what 2016 will look like:

http://i.imgur.com/8JUv2ng.png

The blue circles are Mitt. Those are in CD 1 and 2

thatpeculiarcat
12-23-2015, 06:57 PM
get newt to campaign for rand.

Well, Newt did say Rand had a good night in a tweet last week. He has been positive about Rand this past year. You never know, if Newt endorsed him and started campaigning for him, Rand could pick up some votes. It's not likely, Newt strikes me as more of a Cruz kinda guy.

erowe1
12-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Well, Newt did say Rand had a good night in a tweet last week. He has been positive about Rand this past year. You never know, if Newt endorsed him and started campaigning for him, Rand could pick up some votes. It's not likely, Newt strikes me as more of a Cruz kinda guy.

What conceivable incentive would Newt have to do that?

thatpeculiarcat
12-23-2015, 07:08 PM
What conceivable incentive would Newt have to do that?

That would be up to Rand.

derek4ever
12-23-2015, 07:39 PM
If someone gets 40% there like Newt did, there's a really slim chance anyone else can take a CD

It wouldn't be odd if Rand were to focus on picking up CD delegates in certain districts. And he could win those districts. :D

CPUd
12-23-2015, 08:08 PM
As of 2012:

http://i.imgur.com/v6GINfn.png

The big military bases are in CD 1 and 2

liberty_nc
12-23-2015, 09:26 PM
The Free State Project is an unreliable thing, it is splintered into many factions, left libertarians, neoreactionaries, agorists, anarchists, purists, paleocons, etc,