PDA

View Full Version : Now the TSA can force you to go through the body-scanner

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Now the TSA can force you to go through the body-scanner (http://www.slashgear.com/now-the-tsa-can-force-you-to-go-through-the-body-scanner-22419599/)
By Chris Davies - Dec 22, 2015

Your next flight might include a mandatory trip through the body scanner, with the US government quietly changing the opt-out rules for searches. In a document published earlier this month, the Department of Homeland Security outlined an update to the Advanced Imagery Technology protocols used by the TSA at US airports, adding a clause which allows officers to insist travelers go through the controversial machines.

Previously, though the body scanners were present at many airports across the country, travelers were free to opt-out of the process. Billed as a privacy consideration, it meant a physical screening was mandatory, but alleviated concerns held by some that the technology could "see them naked" and store photographs of that.
More: http://www.slashgear.com/now-the-tsa-can-force-you-to-go-through-the-body-scanner-22419599/

Ronin Truth
12-23-2015, 01:08 PM
Not if I refuse to fly. (Which I do.) :p I want my country back.

angelatc
12-23-2015, 01:17 PM

Me too. Capitalism is the best defense.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Told you so.

specsaregood
12-23-2015, 01:38 PM
Are these the same scanners that have been found to be completely ineffective?

Chester Copperpot
12-23-2015, 02:27 PM

theyre 100% effective at irradiating people

Brian4Liberty
12-23-2015, 03:20 PM

You were kind enough to purchase them, so they have to keep using them. And it's all for show, not effectiveness.

nobody's_hero
12-23-2015, 04:51 PM

I have never flown and I will likely never fly in my lifetime.

Of course they'll just subsidize the airline industry if it starts losing money, so I doubt my boycott will be very effective.

Slave Mentality
12-23-2015, 07:14 PM
I feel so safe and warm knowing this news of freedom.

orafi
12-24-2015, 10:45 AM
Can airports seriously be considered private property with all this fasclist BS?

Brian4Liberty
12-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Ron Paul Warned About This: TSA Removes Opt-Out From Full Body Scanners (http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/)

Dec 24 - Never let a crisis go to waste. That is the motto of every government agency and every bureaucrat. Citing "heightened tensions over terrorism," the Transportation Safety Administration has unilaterally decided that fliers can no longer "opt-out" of the potentially cancer-causing and completely useless full body scanners in favor of a pat-down from a TSA agent. There was no debate in Congress. Not even an executive order. It was just a rule made by an unelected and unaccountable body, as one might expect in a dictatorship. It didn't have to be this way. Ron Paul saw this coming and introduced in several Congresses the American Traveler Dignity Act, which would have curtailed TSA powers and made TSA agents subject to the same assault laws as the rest of us. Here is a clip to remember while being corralled through the TSA cancer machines this Christmas season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwsdq69AHnw

Occam's Banana
12-24-2015, 03:22 PM
[... The TSA] has unilaterally decided that fliers can no longer "opt-out" of [full-body scanners]. There was no debate in Congress. Not even an executive order. It was just a rule made by an unelected and unaccountable body [...] Vote harder ... or opt-out harder?

Reason
12-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Disgusting...

I shudder at where the state of freedom will be in this country 10 years from now...

We are truly weak as a populace... we haven't even had another 9/11 style event to justify ever increasing totalitarian activity and yet it moves along so quickly...

BV2
12-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Hmmm. Who would win a chess game played between two people, a game in which the following is stipulated: One player gets unlimited time to make moves, and can do so out of turn while the other is kept ignorant that the game is even afoot?

I'm not surprised the police state express is making excellent time. Theye don't necessarily need another even, 9/11 broke the boundaries and now most are adequately conditioned into a state of, perhaps depressed, resignation.

Tinnuhana
12-25-2015, 12:16 AM
I flew yesterday with a stop at Dulles. The TSA guy there, said the machine there used sound. He was letting people look at what the camera "saw". Seemed less invasive. I chose to opt out, anyway.

ZENemy
12-25-2015, 12:46 AM
Hmmm. Who would win a chess game played between two people, a game in which the following is stipulated: One player gets unlimited time to make moves, and can do so out of turn while the other is kept ignorant that the game is even afoot?

I'm not surprised the police state express is making excellent time. Theye don't necessarily need another even, 9/11 broke the boundaries and now most are adequately conditioned into a state of, perhaps depressed, resignation.

Aka: we are fucked.

BV2
12-25-2015, 12:48 AM
Aka: we are fucked.

Nah, just inconvenienced. We are going to be just fine.

Working Poor
12-25-2015, 03:24 AM
I don't fly anymore and I guess I never will again.

luctor-et-emergo
12-25-2015, 05:31 AM
I have never flown and I will likely never fly in my lifetime.

Of course they'll just subsidize the airline industry if it starts losing money, so I doubt my boycott will be very effective.

I've flown a lot in the past but haven't stepped on a commercial flight since body scanners turned up at airports. Private flights are ok. :p

jbauer
12-25-2015, 07:51 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZCEq8jy5-M